11-10-08, 05:06 PM   #1
Riprap
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Help with Pitbull text.

I know this isn't the distribution site for Pitbull, but you guys are all better than me at code, and might have experience and be able to help.

I set up a DogTag in the target frame to show Health as a number for friendly targets and as a percentage for enemy targets. The main point for this was on Bosses, where they just have stupid high HP numbers. However, I'm finding on non-boss and even low level mobs, I'd rather have the HP showing, so I know how much more I need to kill them. Is there any way to have it check the level of the mob and if it's under, say, 70, have it show HP as a number, while over 70 show %?

Thanks.
11-10-08, 06:40 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I haven't configured DogTags in a while, but try

if Level > 70 then PercentHP else HP end
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-10-08, 06:58 PM   #3
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm no master at Dogtags or anything, but I've been playing with it for a bit. No clue if it is even close to right, and I'm getting an error with it. Maybe someone could help?

Here's what I got so far:

[(if target > Level 70 then PercentHP):HP]

Gives me an output of:

Bad unit: "100"

No clue whats going on there. Maybe some expert could step in, I'm just trying to help.
11-10-08, 07:22 PM   #4
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This should work for what you want to do..

Code:
[(if Classification = "Boss" then
    PercentHP:Percent
else
    FractionalHP:Short
end)]

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with Pitbull text.