07-14-23, 07:35 PM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Macro to equip a cloak, use it, the equip my previous cloak (mod assistance is fine)

I have these three cloaks that allow me to port to stormwind.... it is a pain going into the bag, putting it on, opening the character panel and then using it, then once ported remembering to open bag, put on old cloak again.

I was wondering if there might be a macro or mod to help me with this.

I know how to use an item slot with /use 14 or whatever. I also know that if I have the teleport cloak on a button bar and use /clickbutton <button name> I can equip it.... but I do not know how to put back on the old cloak, in a dynamic way so it is always remembering my current cloak automatically. Also, the /castsequence seem to only work with spells... so I can not work out how to click the same button
I thought maybe you guys would know a way to do this... maybe with an outfit mod or something?

TL;DR : Can I make a macro, where I click a button and it equips a cloak form my bag, click the same button again to /use that cloak to teleport, then click the button again after teleport to put back on my old cloak.. not matter what it used to be... I'mm happy to use a mod to help if needed.

Thanks!
07-14-23, 08:28 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could do something like this.
Code:
/use [btn:1] Cloak1
/equip [btn:2] Cloak2
/use will equip the first cloak if it's not already equipped and you click the macro again to activate the use function. Then you right-click the macro to re-equip the second cloak.

You will need to change Cloak1 and Cloak2 to the respective item names.

You'll have to have a custom addon made to have a solution that remembers your previous cloak, though /equip does accept bag and slot IDs.
For example, if you always keep your cloak in the top-left slot of bag 4 (count 4 bags from the right, not including backpack), this will look like the following (with macro conditional added).
Code:
/equip [btn:2] 4 1
Notes: BagIDs count right-to-left with backpack at bag zero, SlotIDs count left-to-right and top-to-bottom starting at one at the top left. Bags with two slots on the top aren't skipping slots, that's just how the UI displays bags that don't have a slot count divisible by 4.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 07-14-23 at 08:45 PM.
07-14-23, 09:20 PM   #3
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
I use a bag mode... is there a mover macro that can announce in chat what "bagID" a baf slot is?
07-14-23, 09:41 PM   #4
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
This is what I have so far...

/use [btn:2] 15
/equip [btn:2] Cloak of Coordination
/equip [btn:1] ARKINV_Frame1ScrollContainerBag1Item2

Right click will equip the teleport cloak... if not equipped, and if equipped use it.

The 2nd part is where I am stuck again.... the old cloak is always put in the same spot as the old cloak... but the equip thing does not seem to work on the ArkFrame... if I use /click it sort picks it up (the correct cloak) onto my cursor...

Last edited by Jynks : 07-14-23 at 09:51 PM.
07-14-23, 10:02 PM   #5
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
This is working well...

/use [btn:1] 15
/equip [btn:1] Cloak of Coordination
/equip [btn:2] 0 2

So left click will use the cloak, if not wearing it put it on... right click will put my old cloak back on...

Can you use mod:alt and stuff to modify the click at the same time (In have three teleport cloaks)

/use [mod:alt][btn:1] 15
and
/use [mod:alt,btn:1] 15

do not work?

Last edited by Jynks : 07-14-23 at 10:08 PM.
07-15-23, 02:16 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A problem with using /use on a slot is it'll activate whatever is there regardless of what it is. You can easily run into situations where it'll try to activate the ability on something you already have equipped before swapping it out. Changing the order in which /use and /equip are run in the macro doesn't seem to matter.

Also, if you want to swap in multiple different cloaks, then using bag/slot IDs to re-equip your old cloak will no longer work as each teleport cloak option will be in a different bag/slot.

For an in-depth guide on macro conditionals, see Secure command options - WoWPedia for how to construct them and Macro conditionals - WoWPedia for a reference on specific conditions.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 07-15-23 at 02:50 PM.
07-16-23, 08:08 PM   #7
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
yeah.. this is annoying

Code:
/use [btn:1] 15
/equip [nomod, btn:1] Cloak of Coordination
/equip [nomod, btn:2] 0 2

/equip [mod:alt, btn:1] Wrap of Unity
/equip [mod:alt, btn:2] 0 1

/equip [mod:ctrl, btn:1] Shroud of Cooperation
/equip [mod:ctrl, btn:2] 0 3
This is the best I can ... It works... I just need to remember if I hit ALT or normal click : (

I wonder if there is a way I can do it using outfits or a mod?
07-17-23, 01:39 AM   #8
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Wouldn't equipslot work better for this kind of thing?

You don't have to mess with bag slots at least for the equip parts.

This also looks like a job for ItemRack or GSE.
07-17-23, 05:36 PM   #9
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

/equipslot lets you specify a target invslot to equip and item to, useful for trinkets and rings that have multiple target slots. It doesn't provide any difference for invslots that only have one target slot.

The OP specified they wanted the macro to remember what cloak it swapped out, I presume to not have to update it every time they upgrade their gear.

An addon definitely can do this with some caveats. Whether or not one already exists with this specific functionality, I don't know. You can try some outfitter mods like Dridzt listed and see if any work for you.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 07-17-23 at 05:50 PM.
07-18-23, 01:05 AM   #10
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
might be a cool tiny addon to make : ) for some programmer type!
07-23-23, 05:32 PM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Teleportcloak, that is all.

It's a bit older, but still works well and very easy to add missing spells/items/toys etc if needed.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/teleportcloak

Last edited by Vis : 07-23-23 at 05:35 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Macro to equip a cloak, use it, the equip my previous cloak (mod assistance is fine)