11-23-09, 09:53 PM   #1
Sandoggg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Addon Button missing.

so i don't have to type everything again:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=21254575514

blizzard poster is pretty useless. i've given up on him. anyone have any ideas?.. playing without addons makes me want to strangle puppies.
11-23-09, 10:05 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Can we get a screenshot of the inside of an addon's folder in your Interface\AddOns directory (showing file path/directory, etc., too)?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-23-09, 10:11 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sounds like somehow you managed to move your addons folder if all of a sudden its done that. Or corrupted the files. But if your friends copy still has the same problem it is really weird.

I believe you said its been a day since you last played with no problems. Maybe recapping what you did computer and wow wise may help. Maybe something happened during one of those tasks.
11-23-09, 11:59 PM   #4
Sandoggg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Can we get a screenshot of the inside of an addon's folder in your Interface\AddOns directory (showing file path/directory, etc., too)?
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...aok/Addons.jpg
looks fine to me, and it doesn't make sense because i literally didn't touch ANYTHING.

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
It sounds like somehow you managed to move your addons folder if all of a sudden its done that. Or corrupted the files. But if your friends copy still has the same problem it is really weird.

I believe you said its been a day since you last played with no problems. Maybe recapping what you did computer and wow wise may help. Maybe something happened during one of those tasks.
i copied the folders and downloaded all new addons, as well as making a new interface and addons folder.
it was about a week ago now, but i can't remember doing anything special. chances are i was playing wow, stopped, got on the next day and started playing again. lol. but yeah. what. the. ****. i almost wanna pull the trigger and reformat my laptop here.. but i think my windows xp cd is a few states over.
11-24-09, 12:01 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Why is your addons folder in Documents and Settings?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-24-09, 12:17 AM   #6
Sandoggg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I used to play wow off my external hd, but after i started moving around with my laptop a lot more and the fact that i had a lot of room on my laptop i just moved it here.. happened to land in the my docs folder. had been playing out of that folder for about a month.
11-24-09, 12:18 AM   #7
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

I see the error, rename the "Addons" folder to "AddOns"
11-24-09, 09:18 AM   #8
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Sandoggg View Post
I used to play wow off my external hd, but after i started moving around with my laptop a lot more and the fact that i had a lot of room on my laptop i just moved it here.. happened to land in the my docs folder. had been playing out of that folder for about a month.
Are you sure when you launch WoW you are running the version in your MyDocuments folder? Or are you using a shortcut to perhaps another installed version?

Go into the WoW folder where you are installing the addons and then start WoW by clicking on the wow.exe there.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Button missing.