12-27-10, 11:27 PM   #1
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Minimap not working

My Carbonite minimap, which I've never had any problems with until Cata, is no longer working on interior views. It doesn't show interior views of anything.

I moved the minimap out of the Carbonite map, and confirmed that it is working there. Moved it back in to the Carbonite map, and no go.

It just shows a slightly darker patch over the regular minimap where it used to show the interior view. If I maximize, I get a bigger dark patch over the regular Carbonite minimap.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about...

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/wowscrn...710232509.jpg/

This is inside the Hall of the Brave, in Org, and I have confirmed that, when not combined with the Carbonite minimap, I do get an interior view here.

Edit: Also, it's sporadic...and if I go in to the map, it shows up there.

Last edited by bmtphoenix : 12-28-10 at 03:06 AM.

12-28-10, 03:47 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Looks to me like it's trying to display the indoors map in the same translucent way as it displays outdoors, when it's actually meant to show in an opaque way.

Did you alter any settings in Carbonite whatsoever?

Try going to "/carb options" and look at the section Map Minimap. I think that's where the docking offset options are. Play with those, and also make sure "Minimap docks when indoors" is checked. After that you may also need to fiddle with the docked scale - you do that in the right click dropdown menu on the map.

12-28-10, 11:15 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
bmtphoenix, try this and see if it helps: Right click the Carbonite minimized map, and, in the pop up menu, choose "Minimap". In the "Minimap" menu, make sure the "Docked Transparency" is set to "(1.00)".

It appears as tough your Carbonite map is not square, so just about anything you do with the Blizzard Minimap is going to leave a small section "uncovered" on the side opposite where it docks. If it bothers you (it makes my OCD keep kicking the back of my head), you can get a small addon, Align, that will allow you to put a temporary grid on your screen to set UI object alignment or to size the UI objects.

12-28-10, 04:45 PM   #4
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the help guys, but I don't think something working randomly is going to have anything to do with settings. I did check the ones that you suggested, though, and they are as they should be. A friend of mine is now reporting the same problem, it seemed to have started for him last night, so I'm assuming it something to do with Blizz as opposed to Carb since we haven't had a Carb update in the last few days.

12-28-10, 10:53 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just to be sure, try disabling all of your addons except Carbonite. That's the only way to be sure if it's really a problem with Carbonite. If it goes away, it was obviously another addon conflicting with Carbonite.

If it doesn't stop with all addons turned off, try this:

Go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and rename / delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. BE AWARE that this will reset your Carbonite installation and it will act as though it was just installed for the first time.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 12-28-10 at 11:02 PM. Reason: More information.

01-30-11, 02:03 AM   #6
Myzriel
A Defias Bandit
im havin the same and more problems with the mini map, ive been thru all the options and i cannot fix the fullscreen problem i come by, usually it happens when i go to an instance, then i cant get the detailed map back outside of the big map, also, when i enter a city, i get the undetailed map and cannot get it to go away no matter what i do.

02-03-11, 07:55 PM   #7
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
This is exactly it, and I still haven't found a solution. It's extremely variable, but very sticky when it does happen.

02-08-11, 01:44 AM   #8
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bump...problem still exists. Indoor minimap doesn't work half the time. Really irritating to have to un-combine my minimap and use the Blizz one half the time when I'm raiding. None of the various fixes suggested have reliably fixed it.

02-08-11, 10:50 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If running Carbonite alone, as the only addon enabled, or deleting the saved variables and completely resetting Carbonite didn't make a difference, I don't have any idea at all what will work.

Have you tried running the WoW repair tool yet?

02-09-11, 11:02 AM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Essentially, if all the following criteria are met:

[ ] The majority of other users - >95% - are not experiencing the issue (checking forums)
[ ] It is not a settings issue (deleted settings files)
[ ] You are not playing on a private server (paying Blizzard for game time)
[ ] It is not an addon compability issue (Carbonite is the only addon)

Then your Carbonite folders are corrupted, or your WoW installation is corrupted. Delete all Carbonite folders and redownload it. If that doesn't solve it, run the WoW repair tool.

If anyone knows any other possible reason, let us know, but I can't for the life of me think of anything else that could cause such an issue.

02-09-11, 02:42 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Then your Carbonite folders are corrupted
Forgot that one. Thanks, again, Jigain.

Ahhhh, the vagueness of an aging mind ........

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap not working