06-19-09, 09:38 PM   #1
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard: "Unauthorized Download"?

apparently there is a 3.2 PTR client patch available... i wanted to start vetting "my" addon, and i started a download earlier (but then my son insisted that i stop, because he wanted to use the network and our rural DSL connection can't handle large file activity and something real-time like a game at the same time).

but now i seem to have missed the boat: the Blizzard patcher is rejecting the download, with a Blizzard 21705, "This download not authorized".

(of course, the character copy queue is also full, but that always happens, takes days, yadda yadda).

anyone else seeing an error like this, trying to patch for the PTR? the downloader i am using carries the same version number as the downloader Blizzard is currently serving via their PTR website, so i assume they have just disabled downloads for the moment due to volume, but i wanted to make certain.

thanks.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 06-19-09 at 09:40 PM.
06-19-09, 09:52 PM   #2
Aurorablade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

http://worldofraids.com/wow-blue-tra...t-live-us.html
06-19-09, 11:27 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by acapela View Post
but now i seem to have missed the boat: the Blizzard patcher is rejecting the download, with a Blizzard 21705, "This download not authorized".

The PTR isn't up yet, that's why you are getting that error.
06-19-09, 11:39 PM   #4
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
The PTR isn't up yet, that's why you are getting that error.
then it is odd that it would have worked, for the first 90Mb or so, earlier in the day.

oh well, there is nothing that requires Blizzard to be consistent or to make sense. i will try again tommorrow.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
06-20-09, 12:07 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by acapela View Post
then it is odd that it would have worked, for the first 90Mb or so, earlier in the day.

oh well, there is nothing that requires Blizzard to be consistent or to make sense. i will try again tommorrow.

That's a very common error that anyone will get when the PTR isn't up. What it's probably trying to download is that last patch that was available before the PTR closed the last time. Not sure what you mean by them not being consistent. I've seen no indication anywhere from Blizzard regarding a date for the PTR going up.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Blizzard: "Unauthorized Download"?