08-08-09, 07:40 AM   #1
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If Blizz was a Gnome, I'd punt it! (Error #132)

Last night, crash, Error #132. I figured, hey I'm in Dalaran, it's late, it's a sign to get some sleep.

4:30am
..I wake up, coffee, walk the pooch, log on in Dal. crash, Error #132 -rinse, repeat until I manage to port to Ironforge.
..seems safe, so I head to the ah -probably all the Dalaran problems I've been hearing finally got to me.
..talk to Auctioneer, UI blanks out, crash, Error #132 -hmm maybe auctioneer or my ui addons
..disable all addons, log in, Error #132 -log onto Tech Support Forums
..I read TECHNICAL ISSUES: Error and Crash Info
"8. Error 132

The Error 132 is a vague error message that is reported when something went wrong that was unexpected and not previously documented. This error can exist due to the actual code being faulty or system instability. This was the first type of error that was created when WoW was made. The other types of errors in this thread were once Error 132s before they were isolated and separated as to their individual causes.
"

..hmm well I followed another link there and went through the paces
-I removed all temp files (buh bye wtf), nope #132
-Updated my NVidia card, nope #132
-Ran the Memory Diagnostic, nope #132
-Tried running in OpenGL, nope #132

..removed Interface folder, nope #132

4 hours later and still no progress, I am ready to punt a gnome

08-08-09, 08:33 AM   #2
yssaril
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

have you tried running the repair file in your wow directory? it will scan your game files and make sure they are nor corrupt
08-08-09, 08:47 AM   #3
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by yssaril View Post
have you tried running the repair file in your wow directory? it will scan your game files and make sure they are nor corrupt
I hadn't tried this, since yesterday I did a complete fresh install from scratch..

I'm going to try again with no cache, no addons and no wtf, then will try the error checker.
08-08-09, 09:28 AM   #4
qaarh
Sunshine BearTree
Unfortunately, error 132 can also mean you have faulty memory sticks.. Or an unstable graphics card (check heat levels).. or your CPU overheating..

I'd recommend switching the computer off for a few hours, then running a memtest86/ over night to see if you run into any errors.

It might work. I had similar problems and haven't had them very often since I replaced my faulty memory sticks..

Hope this helps!
08-08-09, 10:16 AM   #5
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Grab Defraggler (or something similar) and defragment your WoW folder. Any time my game crashes I do this and it works fine afterwards.
It's worth a shot.
08-08-09, 10:51 AM   #6
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Right on thank you all for the tips (just reading a few now)..

Heat? I am aware of its possibility but it's really np.

Mem sticks? hmmm I've never had mem problems before 3.2, usually I run around 50-67mb with full Auctioneer Suite, Lightheaded, UI elements, Tooltip, etc all running together. My pc was new in February and I've updated all the drivers. I'm gonna look into this..

Memtest? I previously ran the Memory Diagnostic from my PC which Blizz suggested and nothing came up..

Defrag? Definitely a great idea.. I regularly defrag with Auslogics-Disk-Defrag which a nerdier friend recommended to me from cnet.. works great, looks great, is great? yeah, it is..

So, I wanted to post that Blizz punted me instead, but I've been able to get back in game and begin to configure a few key addons (hope I can stay logged in)
08-09-09, 06:27 AM   #7
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

well, I found the group of culprits after redoing my UI from the ground up ..eesh, lesson learned (nerdrage sequence deactivated)
08-09-09, 11:05 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

And the culprits where..... ?
08-09-09, 11:07 AM   #9
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. s/where/were
08-09-09, 11:12 AM   #10
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Yeah fill us in! You can't do this kinda stuff on a forum man, it's just wrong! Information, we want information.
08-09-09, 11:44 AM   #11
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

..just taking a break from ToC

well Goingprice w/ Goingprice Allakhazam either h8s me or is conflicting with one of my addons.. seems I cannot disable some of the modules, and when i try to, Error #132.

I stripped down my addons significantly, so don't know if this was the only one causing the errors.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » If Blizz was a Gnome, I'd punt it! (Error #132)