10-26-14, 09:10 AM   #101
nightshade00013
An Aku'mai Servant
Glad to hear things are coming along. Thank you very much for doing it at all, if you hadn't picked it up the adon would be dead and I can imagine it is a massive undertaking.

Sorry to hear about your cellphone woes, just switched from Verizon to Tmobile as we couldn't handle almost 300 per month for cell service when we rarely use it. The Nexus 5 and 6 are supposed to work with Verizon though the bad thing is they don't really want to activate phones they don't sell on their network. AT&T is your only other real option that has decent 4G everywhere(not to mention GSM phones so you can use whatever you want as long as it's compatible), I just didn't really need it and can wait till Tmobile gets some more expansions done. Anyway I do have a cell phone that is Verizon and 4G I would be willing to donate to the cause. It's rooted already Android 4.1.2, Safestrap is installed so can multiboot stock or up to four alternate os versions, does have wifi hotspot capability but the one I used on it (FoxFi) no longer works correctly on the stock rom but a simple way around that is CyanogenMod, Version 10 works fine and 11 nightlies seemed to be stable when I was using it. It may also work for you in canada as it is world capable it just won't work in the US on AT&T or Tmobile correctly. Let me know and I can set it up and send it off after the first of next month when I have some cash again. And if you ever make it to the OKC area I know a place that has 100Mbps WiFi available for your use even if I do have to move some stuff out of the way, lol.

10-26-14, 06:48 PM   #102
Snake_Eyes
A Defias Bandit
Thanks Rythal for updating this great addon to WoD.
Any changes that u made already made Carbonite working now for just the map, if so can we have the called beta alpha/version to till the finish build.

I wish i had the knowledge to build this great addon, because i have plenty of time, but sadly i dont know about this :-(

Greets a long Carbonite user for years already.

10-26-14, 07:26 PM   #103
Boggtroll
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Best addon ever.

Questing in WoW is brutal with the normal maps and quest log. i miss my all-in-one addon, ive tried replacing it with about 10 others and still dont get all the functions i had with carbonite....thank you for taking this addon over and updating it.

10-26-14, 07:38 PM   #104
kswizzle71981
A Defias Bandit
Need Help

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I'll stick to this thread instead of making a new one...

A short explanation of what's being worked on currently:

The old Carbonite had 2 Zone tables. One followed blizzards zoneID's (4 = Durotar, 9 = Mulgore etc etc),
and One used it's own numbering system (1000 - 1999 was Eastern Kingdoms, 2000 - 2999 was Kalimdor, 3000-3999 was Outlands etc etc)

The entire mapping system relied on and was using the 1000,2000 system while guides locations quest tracking etc was using the zoneID system. The two were tied together strictly by the zone name. So during the table initialization, it looked at zone 1001 saw Durotar was it's name and created links between 1001 and 4 in various tables.

With the new continent coming, that entire system no longer works, as it can't tell Burning Crusade Shadowmoon Valley from WoD Shadowmoon Valley. So I am working on converting the 1000,2000 system over to zoneID's.

This is also leading to some problems on it's own, as things like Battlegrounds were placed in 9000-9999 and through out the entire mapping system it would check if you were in a battleground by seeing if carbonites internal ID was 9001 etc, so I need to find new ways to check for instances or battlegrounds.

All of this is compounded by the fact work keeps dragging me from home so I don't have access to work on it. (3 weeks in wisconsin, then 2 weeks in ohio, the rest of this week in toronto) So the working version for WoD won't be anytime soon, hopefully i'll have it going before WoD launches but even that remains to be seen.

For those who can't wait until it's done, it was a pleasure. For those who can wait, don't fret, it's not abandoned and will be fixed to work before too long.
I am a novice and starting to get into this programming stuff. Would you like some help, if you can give me a guide and what needs to be updated, i can update what needs to be done and send it for your review. I love this add on and would like to contribute to its progression. I know the basics of the toc and lua formats but would love to learn more.

10-27-14, 07:26 AM   #105
Markzs
A Defias Bandit
I'm going back to WoW and I searched to see if my beloved addon was coming back and... IT IS!
OH MY! Thanks for bringing Carbonite back, Rythal!
As you can see, your project has a lot of fans and everyone is supporting your work.
I hope you succeed in this rework <3

10-27-14, 08:13 PM   #106
CactusBadger
Premium Member

Premium Member
Talking

Playing WOW without Carbonite makes me realize that it is what makes the game enjoyable for me - and just how much I miss it when it is not there. I am definitely going to wait until Rythal gets time to make this awesome addon work for us again. I appreciate this addon, and I have donated to its development. If you enjoy Carbonite and you are able to make a donation, please do so - Just to say thanks!

10-27-14, 11:09 PM   #107
noobinit
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I'm working on it now, but it most likely won't be ready by tomorrow.
I just want to say - THANK YOU.
WOW just isnt the same without carbonite ! it makes everything so much easier.

I will be more than happy to make a contribution once the updated version is out as a way to say thank you properly !

10-28-14, 01:30 AM   #108
phex
A Kobold Labourer
Hello, i am a german wow player since 2008.

at first, my english is very bad, sorry for that. but i must say i love carbonite frome the first day. i hope your RL is quickly becoming good. and you will have much time for this addon. my question is, where can i donate your project? i don't find any link on your website maybe i am too stupid to find it.

at last i have to say thank you, because there are many more players in other countrys who need your professionalism and skill which will by the addon become to an important tool in wow.

sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand what i try to say!

phex

10-28-14, 02:10 AM   #109
Origami
A Murloc Raider
Rythal, Just wanted to say thank you for the time spent on this addon, Your efforts do not go unnoticed =) Though some are quick to judge, real life takes precedent over anything, Thank you for continuing to support this addon with updates, Can't wait for the release... SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

10-28-14, 08:17 AM   #110
Teener
A Murloc Raider
Last night I was watching a Youtube video on how to do something and as I was watching I said " hey i know what map addon they are using, it's Carbonite !!! I MISS CARONITE !!

10-28-14, 09:33 AM   #111
twystedfate
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by AleXuTzU View Post
I'm verry dissapointed,you just waith go get more donations,because after the rellease all the donation will go down,why don;t you give the addon to someone else?All addons are up to date from long time agoo,already,carbonite is the only one,big addon that is still not updated.What i know that the old authors never done this thing...i'm verry dissapointed,and all of you stop making donation's till the new update,after that u all are free to make what kind of donation you won't.

you kidding right....Rythal is doing this not for cash but to help you and everyone else out in his spare time, what you think he has no life, you this he has no real life job, and as for the old authers yes they updated quickly, because THEY WROTE THE SCRIPT, used to program the addon so yah they do it fast they know it better then anyone, ohh and they where paid to do it as carbonite used to be a paid addon untill blizz shut them down and then they droped it faster then you can shake a stick, so i suggest instead of whining like a kid who lost his toy you wait like the rest of us and stop flaming the only guy who has the know how and the willingness to do this for free on his own time and let him get it done.

10-28-14, 10:02 AM   #112
assassin129
A Kobold Labourer
I'm verry dissapointed,you just waith go get more donations,because after the rellease all the donation will go down,why don;t you give the addon to someone else?All addons are up to date from long time agoo,already,carbonite is the only one,big addon that is still not updated.What i know that the old authors never done this thing...i'm verry dissapointed,and all of you stop making donation's till the new update,after that u all are free to make what kind of donation you won't.
What a Twat...

10-28-14, 10:03 AM   #113
onenutmcgee
A Murloc Raider
I literally created an account to say that you, AleXuTzU, are a huge jerkoff. You've clearly never done any serious programming or written a wow addon before. The 6.0 patch changed a lot of APIs (which is why almost all addons broke). One of the largest changes was how the maps worked, which is the foundation for Carbonite as a whole. Basically, Rythal is having to rewrite the kernel of Carbonite. Other addons were updated quicker because the systems they touch weren't changed as much. But when a fundamental part of your API changes, it takes work to fix it. But I wouldn't expect a selfish tool like you to understand.

Rythal, ignore the haters, buddy! Carbonite is hands down the best map and quest addon out there. I look forward to rocking it again soon.

10-28-14, 10:21 AM   #114
Qin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carry on

You know it's a troll right? Same guy who's been stalking and bad mouthing. I suppose if an Admin dug around, they can ban by IP; but that would only give the Troll more food.

Carry on Rythal and supporters. Lets wait for the big finish.

Continue to show your support to Rythal with your thanks and kind words, and if so inclined your donations.

10-28-14, 10:33 AM   #115
emoxxxkid
A Murloc Raider
I thought I'd post this in here since I know a lot of users of carbonite use this and Rythal checks this and maybe can provide some useful information.

Since Carbonite isn't working, yet, I'm really missing the notes on the map where it would say instance (dungeons and raids) entrances. Does anyone know an addon or anything that places these on the map/minimap while Rythal works on Carbonite? Just one of the many small things I'm missing right now. I know I could use Handynotes and just go mark them myself, but I'm sure there's gotta be something out there all ready if Carbonite already had the system in place. I've searched and just can't find anything.

10-28-14, 10:48 AM   #116
w3slinger
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Reiterate

Originally Posted by onenutmcgee View Post
I literally created an account to say that you, AleXuTzU, are a huge jerkoff. You've clearly never done any serious programming or written a wow addon before. The 6.0 patch changed a lot of APIs (which is why almost all addons broke). One of the largest changes was how the maps worked, which is the foundation for Carbonite as a whole. Basically, Rythal is having to rewrite the kernel of Carbonite. Other addons were updated quicker because the systems they touch weren't changed as much. But when a fundamental part of your API changes, it takes work to fix it. But I wouldn't expect a selfish tool like you to understand.

Rythal, ignore the haters, buddy! Carbonite is hands down the best map and quest addon out there. I look forward to rocking it again soon.
I fully agree, Carbonite has been the mainstay add-on for me. I have played WoW since late '04 and Carbonite has been hands-down the most useful add-on for the duration! Ignore the trolls, they do nothing but spread Troll turds.

10-28-14, 10:51 AM   #117
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by emoxxxkid View Post
I thought I'd post this in here since I know a lot of users of carbonite use this and Rythal checks this and maybe can provide some useful information.

Since Carbonite isn't working, yet, I'm really missing the notes on the map where it would say instance (dungeons and raids) entrances. Does anyone know an addon or anything that places these on the map/minimap while Rythal works on Carbonite? Just one of the many small things I'm missing right now. I know I could use Handynotes and just go mark them myself, but I'm sure there's gotta be something out there all ready if Carbonite already had the system in place. I've searched and just can't find anything.
I'm using a combination of 5 (I think) different *addons to try to replace Carbonite during this interim ... plus tried some others which I have since then ditched. I am convinced that there is no combination to replace Carbonite.

Thanks, so much Rythal!!!!

*Atlas, Wow-pro, legacy quest, tomtom, etc.

10-28-14, 11:17 AM   #118
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
Knob

What an absolute moron... his English is bad... like Russian (no offence to the "nice" Russians)

But really... Rythal has taken on this project after carbonite developers were to greedy for money... when they couldn't make money out of it they dropped the project.

Rythal picked it up as a fan update, and he has done a fantastic job with it.

AleXuTzU.... you make an addon you arrogant shit!!!!!!!!!

Rythal, keep up the good work ... find this guys IP address and block him from downloading the addon LOL

10-28-14, 11:48 AM   #119
fctech
A Defias Bandit
I'm very disappointed that you are a selfish uncaring git. If it wasn't for Rythal there would be no Carbonite anymore. So ST%U and wait like everyone else. The old authors took money from you so you could have Carbonite, Rythal does this for free and some will & already did donate because we appreciate the work already done and the work that needs yet to be done. If I hadn't already just donated your infantile rant would have certainly got my wallet out to donate just to 'unclog my nose in your general direction."

10-28-14, 01:22 PM   #120
Spheo
A Kobold Labourer

Rythal,

Like many here, I am anxiously awaiting the fruits of your hard work and dedication to the future of this AddOn.

Perhaps, we may send you a 12 pack of your choosing? It would be appropriate, because for most of us, it takes copious amounts of alcohol to put up with the Blizzard mapping UI and Quest Guide.

Let us know if there is a PO Box somewhere we can send liquid appreciation, don't mind if there are a few brews missing when it arrives; just the thought of playing without Carbonite makes me thirsty.

-Spheo

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch