11-09-06, 02:11 PM   #201
Saesarras
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Could there possibly be a problem with Yahoo Mail thats not letting me get it?
11-09-06, 02:19 PM   #202
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

I signed up on day 1 and I've not gotten mine, gmail here. So don't fret too much, some people have got theirs, others havn't yet. Cair, were all the emails sent in one batch? Did every address you send in get a key or only some? I bet that Blizzy person is starting to hate you as much as you hate us ^^
11-09-06, 02:40 PM   #203
shieldb
A Defias Bandit
Also for those who are curious: you get a keycode that you apply to an account to upgrade it to be able to play the beta. There's a link in the e-mail which takes you to a page where you have to enter:
- your wow account name
- your wow account password
- the beta key

So whether or not the e-mail is the same as the one registered on your wow account doesn't matter.
11-09-06, 03:38 PM   #204
jklaroe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Just got mine, I was on the Thursday list!
11-09-06, 03:41 PM   #205
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Tekkub
I signed up on day 1 and I've not gotten mine, gmail here. So don't fret too much, some people have got theirs, others havn't yet.
Same here. Signed up on day one, using GMail. No key yet.
11-09-06, 03:42 PM   #206
zoia
A Murloc Raider
I signed up on day 1 and I've not gotten mine
Likewise. Signed up first day. No key and no attempt to deliver an email message to the address specified according to the mail server logs.

I'm starting to get paranoid that somehow my address didn't make it to the list supplied to Blizzard.
11-09-06, 03:45 PM   #207
wobbles
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by zoia
Likewise. Signed up first day. No key and no attempt to deliver an email message to the address specified according to the mail server logs.

I'm starting to get paranoid that somehow my address didn't make it to the list supplied to Blizzard.
ditto. Pretty much everyone else I know signed up after me and has gotten their keys, not me yet.
11-09-06, 03:56 PM   #208
Elayneff
A Defias Bandit

Signed up last Thursday (11/2) and just got mine today.

Thanks for sticking with it, Cairenn, and for the wonderful opportunity.
11-09-06, 03:56 PM   #209
Saesarras
An Aku'mai Servant

Yahoo Mail can't seem to even load for me at the moment.. This is odd.
11-09-06, 03:57 PM   #210
lokyst
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Saesarras
Yahoo Mail can't seem to even load for me at the moment.. This is odd.
"You have exceeded your bandwidth limit for this month. Please refresh another day."
11-09-06, 04:00 PM   #211
Saesarras
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by lokyst
"You have exceeded your bandwidth limit for this month. Please refresh another day."
*eye twitch*

Edit: PSSSSH.

It gets me al excited like it may have been broken and that I was going to get my mail now. But no, it has to go and ruin it and start working again. 'You have 0 unread messages'..

Last edited by Saesarras : 11-09-06 at 04:06 PM.
11-09-06, 04:05 PM   #212
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

*quietly refreshes Gmail and snickers to himself*
11-09-06, 04:17 PM   #213
Amadeo
*quietly refreshes Gmail and snickers to himself*
The refreshes are starting to depress me at this point. I'm just going to wait for other people to say they're getting keys again before I check for one. :P
11-09-06, 04:18 PM   #214
whisper450
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any news Cairenn?
11-09-06, 04:43 PM   #215
Saesarras
An Aku'mai Servant

Haha, I forgot that I sent myself a test email.. I got so excited..

'Burning Crusade Mantra'
-----------------------------
'It will come soon.'
'It will come soon.'
'It will come soon.'
'It will come soon.'
11-09-06, 04:51 PM   #216
Bashui
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Saesarras
Haha, I forgot that I sent myself a test email.. I got so excited..
Bah! I have been having quite a bit of back and forth with some tech support on my video card that I am trying to get replaced, so I have been getting all kinds of emails on this account, and I still get excited everytime "I've got mail!"..... but still no love

Now I am just paranoid that blizzard hates me.
11-09-06, 04:52 PM   #217
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Guys, I'm sorry, at this point there's absolutely nothing more I can do. I checked into it, they resent the first set as per what I quoted previously, if they don't make it through this time, they will not resend them a third time. I know that folks *are* still receiving them though, an author in one of my IRC channels just got his about an hour ago. At this point ... /sigh ... there's just nothing more I can do. If you signed up, your name got sent. You can verify that you signed up by clicking on the button again, you'll get a different message saying that your name has been entered, and an ID number. I've sent all names through to ID # 490 for US and # 487 for EU. If your ID number is later than that, it hasn't been sent in yet, I haven't sent today's batch yet. Beyond that ... guys, stop PMing me and stuff, there's just nothing more I can do. I'm sorry.

/edit Sorry, seems I was wrong on the ID numbers, I thought we had them showing on that page. I'm talking to our site programmer, see if there's a way we can add it.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-09-06 at 05:16 PM.
11-09-06, 04:58 PM   #218
Hallithron
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Cairenn
You can verify that you signed up by clicking on the button again, you'll get a different message saying that your name has been entered, and an ID number.
I did that, and I get nothing but:

Originally Posted by tosbeta.php
Thank you very much for your application for a World of Warcraft Burning Crusades beta key and for using our site to host your mods. Your name has been added to our list and will be submitted to Blizzard shortly.

Please make sure to check your email on a regular basis for your invitation from Blizzard.

Please note: We will be keeping track of the keys given out and any that are received via this application that show up on eBay will result in an instant and irrevocable ban from the site.
No ID number or anything like that. I tried it a few times, and force-refreshed the page, etc. Does that mean that my name hasn't been sent in? Because honestly, that would make me feel better than thinking that somehow, my e-mail address doesn't work for half the world.
11-09-06, 05:03 PM   #219
lokyst
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

No ID for me either.
11-09-06, 05:03 PM   #220
Saesarras
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Guys, I'm sorry, at this point there's absolutely nothing more I can do. I checked into it, they resent the first set as per what I quoted previously, if they don't make it through this time, they will not resend them a third time. I know that folks *are* still receiving them though, an author in one of my IRC channels just got his about an hour ago. At this point ... /sigh ... there's just nothing more I can do. If you signed up, your name got sent. You can verify that you signed up by clicking on the button again, you'll get a different message saying that your name has been entered, and an ID number. I've sent all names through to ID # 490 for US and # 487 for EU. If your ID number is later than that, it hasn't been sent in yet, I haven't sent today's batch yet. Beyond that ... guys, stop PMing me and stuff, there's just nothing more I can do. I'm sorry.
Its fine, Cairenn, we're just, as someone else put it, gnawing our teeth. Don't worry about it.

Edit: Yeah, no ID for me either.. But meh.

Last edited by Saesarras : 11-09-06 at 05:06 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive Mod Author Burning Crusade Beta Key Give-Away and more!