05-01-09, 03:43 PM   #1
theholyidiot
A Kobold Labourer
turn off cast bar

Hi i love nUI but i was wondering if i could turn off the casting bars for the player because i personally like quartz better because it shows like time lost on channeled spells and time added on casting spells. also the casting bar for nUI seems to bug out sometimes and not show up which is another reason i would like to use a third party addon for the casting bar. I play mostly mage and prist so its kinda a big deal for me.

05-01-09, 03:50 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The bugging out problem should be fixed in the current release... and no... I do not offer the option to turn off features built into nUI in order to replace them with the same feature from another mod... that is in direct contradiction with nUI's design philosophy.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-01-09, 03:50 PM   #3
Carz
nUI User-Supporter

Well some did that but they haven't upload a new on b/c it was a quick fix for a problem but it might still work here the link
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ting.html#info

05-01-09, 09:23 PM   #4
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Besides the bar not appearing which is fixed in the latest version of nUI what does quartz offer you? Maybe it could be worked in to nUI at a later date

09-22-09, 08:49 AM   #5
crschnei
A Defias Bandit
resurrecting old thread

first of all, sorry for resurrecting a 5 month old thread...

I'm currently an Nui+ user and love it. however, the OP brings forward a point that also bothers me. The Quartz (or similar third-party castbar addon), offer a castbar that shows latency bars inside the castbar.

For instance, if you have a .34sec latency, it will show that in RED at the end of the castbar, so you know when to start casting your next [insert spellname here]. I also play mage/priest as my main characters, so showing latency inside the castbar itself is a very helpful tool to use instead of just constantly smashing the key for [insert spellname here]. is this something that could be incorporated into the castbar for Nui+?

09-22-09, 09:30 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I'm not definite on this but there is a blue bar on the cast bars in nUI that have helped me gauge my spell casts and I usually have over 300 latency being on the opposite side of the ocean Whether that is the haste bar or not I am not sure.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

09-22-09, 10:32 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI also shows latency, but it does not do it using a different color at the end of the bar. Rather, it shows a separate bar under your casting bar -- blue as Xrystal points out -- that runs ahead of your casting bar (latency can change over time, so it always shows the current latency) -- when that blue bar vanishes, that's your cue to cast the next spell.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-22-09, 01:07 PM   #8
crschnei
A Defias Bandit
awesome guys, thanks for your quick response on this. I'll disable Quartz tonight and check it out.

I'm going to continue my "castbar" spew, and say that I wish I could make the castbar of my Focus Target BIG and somewhere noticable other than the center unit frame towards the bottom of my screen.

I PvP a lot and have a hard time with interrupts with the focus frame's casting bar so small.

09-23-09, 07:20 AM   #9
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
there only one bad thing about the way nui does it :/

If you get hit by a nurf lag, that makes your lat number go sky high for 1-2 mins, but it was only a spike, so it relly back at 50, but the number shows 1000+. This does fix it self after a min or two.

So it not relly something woth looking much into, justyou need to guess for the next min or two :P

09-24-09, 09:02 AM   #10
Mogorash
A Kobold Labourer
One feature that I miss from quartz is the combining of profession timers when making multiples of an item. Instead of a cast bar for each item that you make, it makes a single cast bar for the time it takes to make all of the items.

10-11-09, 04:12 PM   #11
PigtailsofDoom
A Cyclonian

I'm going to chime in here and add that I too would love it if nUI allowed you to disable the cast bar, or if it were possible to more closely emulate quartz. It's great that you have the latency bit, but there are other features that quartz has that keeps me from using nUI, although I'm still a subscriber in case I change my mind about that at a future date. The profession feature mentioned in the post above mine is one, as is the ability to customize the cast bar and well, make it pretty and bigger. No offense Scott, as I think what you do with nUI is great, but the cast bar is very plain and it's kind of the small side as well.

I can definitely appreciate that you don't want people to disable a bunch of the features that nUI has so they can use a third party add on to replace it with, but for a lot of casters quartz is the best casting bar out there.

10-11-09, 04:36 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by PigtailsofDoom View Post
I'm going to chime in here and add that I too would love it if nUI allowed you to disable the cast bar, or if it were possible to more closely emulate quartz. It's great that you have the latency bit, but there are other features that quartz has that keeps me from using nUI, although I'm still a subscriber in case I change my mind about that at a future date. The profession feature mentioned in the post above mine is one, as is the ability to customize the cast bar and well, make it pretty and bigger. No offense Scott, as I think what you do with nUI is great, but the cast bar is very plain and it's kind of the small side as well.

I can definitely appreciate that you don't want people to disable a bunch of the features that nUI has so they can use a third party add on to replace it with, but for a lot of casters quartz is the best casting bar out there.

You are always free to make suggestions about things/options you would like added to nUI over in the Suggestions Box. If there is enough interest, then Scott may very well add whatever feature/change/option you want. Since he is still hard at work on version 6.0, now would be the best time to make your suggestions.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » turn off cast bar