Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-10-12, 11:04 AM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
A Thank you to the community

I want to start with thanking all of you for your support and encouraging words while I worked on the fan update. The first release was good enough for me, and I would of stuck with it bugs and all while I played MoP, but the stream of thank you posts made me feel good inside so I continued with fixing problems that cropped up, even fixing things that have been broken for years and adding support for stuff that was missing before like dark moon fair.

It became not just my update, but the communities update as people helped with the localization so it would work world wide, and helping in the forums with letting people know how to fix little things that cropped up. It was a really grand thing to see.

I knew when I started working on it that it was not mine to do with as I wished and I tried to make that clear to the rest of you aswell.

It does really make me sad that I installed the new version, and it doesn't work. LUA errors are popping up viewing the map in relation to achievements, the LFR/LFD eye is gone again, not sure about anyone else but myself personally the world map only shows if I focus on the window, otherwise it just blinks out of existance no matter what transparency settings I use, and more (I could keep listing bugs found in the official release but that's not the point of this topic).

It is a sad day for myself because I love using carbonite but the current version they released was unusable so I had to uninstall for now.

To those who are asking if i'll do my own, the answer to that is yes.. but it won't be ready before MoP.. probably won't be ready for a long while since like the rest of you I am actively playing, I love and enjoy the game in all it's aspects, and with the new expansion that's where my focus will be for the first little bit.

If blizzard had enabled addons onto the beta earlier I might of had time to do it, but they didn't and I really didn't know things would turn out this way, I thought the creators would come back, see the problems, look at how I fixed them and do there own fixes, not release something that makes it even more broken then before and get angry at the fact I had touched it.

So to all of you who have been so supportive, I'm sorry.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » A Thank you to the community