12-06-09, 03:50 PM   #1
Sparhawk52
A Defias Bandit
Can't read map - notes?

I've just installed Carbonite as it has been recommended by a few of my friends. And also trying to cut out other mods. My question is since i can't seem to find the option anywhere, is that on the main map (after pressing M) there are blue dots everywhere (right clicking seems to indicate these are notes) when i hover over the dots a very small text box comes up but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to scale them so that i can actually read them! They are so tiny I can only tell there is text but cannot actually read it. Any ideas please?

12-06-09, 04:01 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should be able to right click on the map and be able to set a scale for most things from there. Lots of the options, adjustments, etc are hidden in right click menu's

Just to clarify what the dots are, you can also post a screenshot here and someone may be able to tell you what other things you can do to alleviate any issues.

12-06-09, 04:34 PM   #3
Sparhawk52
A Defias Bandit
ok I've checked the right-click menu there, nothing seems to affect the text box I'm seeing. here's a screen of one of these blue dots with text beside it I'm zoomed in quite a bit on the blue dot. these things seem to show up at random sometimes only a few sometimes a pile of them. here's a screen :

12-06-09, 08:57 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have to say I've never seen that type/color dot on any of Carbs maps. I don't use the full abilities of Carbonite though so I may be missing something.

12-06-09, 10:30 PM   #5
Sparhawk52
A Defias Bandit
Ok well I've recently started my addons over, fresh install (clean cache, wtf and addons folders). and added carbonite to the list. whiel removing gatherer, QH, and others. I've seen these dots before with a notes addon i used to have. but I haven't used it nor is it installed I'll turn off mods and see if i can't track it down. Perhaps it has something to do with Cartographer. I know i imported all the nodes from carbonite and cartographer under the Options > Guide. I'll keep in touch if i happen to find anything further that may help. Thanks.

12-06-09, 10:33 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That could be why I've never seen those dots. I don't use Cartographer, nor have I ever imported data from it or Gatherer. It may be something related to either of those two.

Sorry I don't have more information to give you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Can't read map - notes?