11-06-20, 02:48 AM   #1
Coldkil
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
smoother bars update / "cutting" text

Hi, i am playing wow again after many years, and since designing the UI has always been one of my main interests, i got my old addons and started redoing it from scratch.

I wanted to make the statusbars on my unitframes to have a more fluid/smooth animation, but the old oUF_Smooth doesn't seem to have any effect anymore, and frequent updates for power/hp are way too choppy for my tastes.

So, anyone does know a new plugin for this or a way to make the animations smoother? I can code my own functions if needed, but i need some starting tips for this.

Second question: i did long time ago a sort of "textbar", which was basically two identical strings, one in background and one parented to the statusbar; the statusbar was masked so when it decreased in value, it gave the illusion of a text "filling up". Since i'm bogus and lost the old code, anyone willing to give me hints on this aswell?

EDIT: managed to put down some text code in the meanwhile, reached a block here.

Basically the slider updates the statusbar value for testing purposes. I have to identical text strings, one on the statusbar itself and one on the background. But i'm unable to make the string on top to get "cut", it either gets wrapped or nothing happens.
Thanks.

Last edited by Coldkil : 11-07-20 at 07:52 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » smoother bars update / "cutting" text