09-14-08, 08:14 PM   #961
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Speal, please tell us this isnt done :-) love your mod and really look forward its continued evolution.

09-14-08, 08:52 PM   #962
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hey all. No this project is not dead or anything. Spiel has just started a new job, so lets let him settle in to it. He did state that he will still be working on this as well as working on a version for WotLK.

09-15-08, 08:34 AM   #963
FluffyCow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just wondering, because I can't seem to find it in the list. Did spiel add back in FuBar/Titan detection? It seems to work fine on my laptop, but on this computer my FuBar bars are over the dash panels. Do I need to, say, delete my nui WTF files?

also, just wanted to give you a heads up, spiel. This "Real Life" thing tends to have a powerful CC effect, don't let it grab you and not let go, because this UI is absolutely amazing!

EDIT: Found out what happened. Must have changed my fubar setting to detached, because I checked and it was on there. The autodetect works, I'm just dumb. :P

Last edited by FluffyCow : 09-15-08 at 08:38 AM.

09-15-08, 03:31 PM   #964
anxulite
A Defias Bandit
Having issues with player and minimap buttons at bottom

Something is causing the player and minimap buttons at the bottom of nui to stop functioning. the action buttons at the bottom left next to the player button stop functioning as well. I have to do a /nui rl to get them functioning again.

anyone have a fix for this?

09-16-08, 01:19 AM   #965
Nordi
A Murloc Raider
uggggg Wotlk announced by blizz to release on 11/13/08

looks like your work isn't cut out for ya man

*source* http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/080915.html

*Edit* *grumbles something about activision pushing blizz to release before warhammer and x-pack not being ready.....*

Last edited by Nordi : 09-16-08 at 01:21 AM.

09-16-08, 12:16 PM   #966
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
well as much as id love to see more, looks like spiel has been cc'd indefinitely and will force alot to revert to other ui mods with the upcoming patch 3.0.1 and the xpack. a lot will be broken real soon. and 2 weeks with not even a clue if he intends on continuing what is the best ui ever in the history of Warcraft. we will just wait and see.

im personally looking into LUA coding so i can try something of my own soon.

09-16-08, 05:37 PM   #967
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Look, before you give up. there are mods that go through long periods with no changes even needed.For all we know there may not be any or little changes needed.So please,don't be so negative.

09-17-08, 01:23 AM   #968
iocontrol
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've yet to hit the BGs w/ nUI and have been hesitant since the raid layouts haven't been implemented yet ... are there any caveats I should be aware of?

I have a Tank, DPS, and Healer I want to put through the honor grind - while the Tank/DPS doesn't necessarily need to see the health of all their teammates, I think that sort of information is nigh important for a healer. Can anyone share their experiences and perhaps suggestions using nUI in BGs so far?

09-17-08, 08:12 AM   #969
FluffyCow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by iocontrol View Post
I've yet to hit the BGs w/ nUI and have been hesitant since the raid layouts haven't been implemented yet ... are there any caveats I should be aware of?

I have a Tank, DPS, and Healer I want to put through the honor grind - while the Tank/DPS doesn't necessarily need to see the health of all their teammates, I think that sort of information is nigh important for a healer. Can anyone share their experiences and perhaps suggestions using nUI in BGs so far?
Just remember, you can always pull out Blizz's stock raid frames, at least until spiel implements his own

09-17-08, 12:41 PM   #970
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Word from the other side...

This is a hit and run as I am not allowed to do this from work, but I do not have internet access at home at the moment...

I am alive and well, nUI will continue to evolve and I will be porting to WotLK.

In short, donations came to a dead stop when I announced I had gotten a job and I had to choose between gas to get to work and paying the cable bill. So, I'll be getting paid next Friday and will then have internet access back and will be able to return to supporting nUI.

Until then, I absolutely cannot from work, so that's why you haven't been hearing from me.

Likewise, in the interest of not raising the ire of my employer, this is the *only* post I'll be making from work.

See you all in a week and a half or so.

I do *so* miss the community.

Scott.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-17-08, 12:47 PM   #971
anxulite
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by iocontrol View Post

It supports up to a 10 man as far as i know. click the player button to switch from single to party to 10 man raid

09-17-08, 01:26 PM   #972
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
This is a hit and run as I am not allowed to do this from work, but I do not have internet access at home at the moment...

I am alive and well, nUI will continue to evolve and I will be porting to WotLK.
Good to hear you're still in one piece (well, guess the job didn't tear you appart so far)..

Enjoy your time off line :-p

09-17-08, 04:25 PM   #973
MyKroFt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I can tell you for sure, nui and wowlk (beta) dont get along at all.....

Hopefully my donation I made helps pay the cable bill.....

Myk

09-18-08, 06:37 AM   #974
Tullia
A Murloc Raider

Hello,

Here are some things that disturbs in this beta. They are more elements of comfort that features.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sans titre-1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1927

The window to show informations of npc or players is above the quest window.

The second point concerns the bar bags. You can not open a bag when the pointer is in the middle of the icon of the bag. To open a bag requires that the pointer is in the upper part of the icon.

I can not provide screenshots because pointer disappears.

Good luck for this addon, it's great.

EDIT : I forgot to put a bug report which is published when I sought the help of nUI.

Date: 2008-09-18 08:42:30
ID: 59
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...terface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_SlashCommands.lua line 112:
attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
...terface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_SlashCommands.lua:112: method()
...terface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_SlashCommands.lua:82: value()
..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3071: ChatEdit_ParseText()
..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2770: ChatEdit_SendText()
..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2791: ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed()
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1:
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1
AddOns:
Accountant, v3.3
JudgeHype, vVersion 2i
Armory, v4.3.4
ArmoryGuildBank, v3.7
AucAdvanced, v5.0.PRE.3240
AucFilterBasic, v5.0.PRE.3240 (BillyGoat)
AucStatClassic, v5.0.PRE.3240 (BillyGoat)
AucStatPurchased, v5.0.PRE.3240 (BillyGoat)
AucStatSimple, v5.0.PRE.3240 (BillyGoat)
AucStatStdDev, v5.0.PRE.3240 (BillyGoat)
Auctioneer, v5.0.PRE.3240
BeanCounter, v5.0.PRE.3240 (BillyGoat)
BonusScanner, v3.5
Capping, v2.4.001
Cartographer, vr74405
DailiesQuestTracker, v2.5.1
Enchantrix, v5.0.PRE.3240
EnchantrixBarker, v5.0.PRE.3240 (BillyGoat)
EnhTooltip, v5.0.PRE.3240
FactionGrinder, v1.9.0
FishingBuddy, v0.9.4m
FBOutfitDisplayFrame, v0.9.4g
FBTrackingFrame, v0.9.4g
FBMergeDatabase, v0.9.4g
ArmoryFu, v4.3.4
FuBarBagFu, v2.0
FuBarCompass, v1.1
FuBarFactionGrinderFu, v1.4
FuBarFarmerFu, v2.0.$Revision: 32458 $
FuBarFishingBuddyFu, v2.2c
FuBarGroupFu, v1
FuBarGuildFu, v2.4
FuBarHonorFu, v2.0
FuBarLocationFu, v3.0
FuBarMoneyFu, v20400-1
FuBarSkillsPlusFu, v2.4.7
FuBar, v60201
Gatherer, v3.1.3
GemHelper, v1.7
GrinderCore, v1.3.0
GroupCalendar, v4.1b5
GuildCraft, v45-Curse-Distro
GuildOrg, v3.2
GuildBankSearch, v2.4.3
GuildCheck, v2.1
Informant, v5.0.PRE.3240
ItemPriceTooltip, v2
Ace2
DewdropLib
FuBarPlugin20, v2.0 $Revision: 66634 $
LibStub
MailNotifier, v3.1
nUI, v2.04.00 (beta)
Omen, vOmen r72207 / Threat-2.0 r71636
ProfessionLinks, vProfessionLinks v2.4.3
QuestGuru, v0.9.4
QuestHelper, v0.48
QuickResilience, v1.0
RecipeRadar, v1.27
SocketAssistant, v1.0
SpamSentry, v20080707
StopTheSpam, v2.00.20000
Stubby, v93
Swatter, v3.1.3
TomTom, v165
TooltipExchange, v1.1 r78200
TourGuide, v3.0.1.36
XPBar, v0.3

Last edited by Tullia : 09-18-08 at 06:44 AM.

09-18-08, 09:27 AM   #975
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Tullia View Post
Hello,

Here are some things that disturbs in this beta. They are more elements of comfort that features.

The window to show informations of npc or players is above the quest window.

The second point concerns the bar bags. You can not open a bag when the pointer is in the middle of the icon of the bag. To open a bag requires that the pointer is in the upper part of the icon.

I can not provide screenshots because pointer disappears.
Easily fixed my moving these elements. Just type in /nui movers and you're on your way. When you're fininshed moving the tooltip, bagbar and any of the other items, type /nui movers again to fix them into position.

09-18-08, 09:54 AM   #976
Tullia
A Murloc Raider

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

In fact, I looked in aid available by "/nui help" but this command did not appear. Only by looking at the page of the add-on that I found this command.

But thank you anyway.

09-24-08, 03:33 PM   #977
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Talking Honey! I'm home!

Hi hi hi everyone.

A special thanks for the few of your who made contributions to help me pay my cable bill so I could get back online and a big thanks to BlackFireFox who actually paid the entire bill for me... I can't thank any of you enough.

The bill was actually paid last Friday but the cable company didn't get out here until Monday afternoon and I was sick as a dog... 24 hours straight of hugging the porcelain throne from 4am Sunday to 4am Monday and then missed work Monday. I still feel like pookey, but I'm on the mend, back online and ready to get the tiger by the tail again.

I promised BlackFireFox I would spend a few hours playing with him and his hunter tonight, but I would like to try and get back to updating the list of bugs and feature needs and such ASAP. I'm going to play tonight, but spend tomorrow after work going through the last three week's worth of messages and put together a list of issues and try to get them prioritized.

Between now and then... if any of you want to yell out the things nearest and dearest to your heart, I'll be sure to put them on the list. With some luck, I might can get an update out before it gets too late Sunday.

See everyone tomorrow night.

Scott.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-24-08, 05:12 PM   #978
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Woo Hoo!!!!

:

09-25-08, 12:35 AM   #979
trezy
A Cliff Giant
Hey Spiel, great to have you back! Donation coming your way. Two things, first off I would love if you could get the UI Scaleing added in the next version as thats the one thing thats stopping me from using the UI atm. And second I am in the beta and if you need some help testing out the UI on 3.0.2 I'm glad to help out and I got some understanding of LUA. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing the updates.

09-25-08, 03:02 PM   #980
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Nice to see you back spiel! And I hope your feeling better...I was under the weather this week too, just not as bad.

I don't know you personally BlackFireFox, but thanks.

I'm getting taint on the last version, should I post it spiel? And my hunters built in feed button is wigging out, works at first then quits.

I would defiantly contribute spiel, but when I have to go to the food bank to feed my own 3 kids .

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement