03-29-11, 09:20 PM   #1
Jomac625
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Frames not updating in combat

Thanks for this amazing addon! I've already replaced several of my addons and upped my fps by a nice chunk. Next on the chopping block are my memory-hoggish raidframes. I have openrdx raidframes set up how I like, but for some reason they will not update during combat (statusbars or icons). I've tried both latch repaint and periodic repaint. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

03-30-11, 01:57 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello Jomac625,

could you send the recovery package of your window ?

You could see this post :
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31717

So I can see what you have done.

Thanks
Cheers
03-30-11, 05:11 PM   #3
Kongys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Jomac625, I had a similar issue at some point with a single frame (one I created back in TBC, so proably have some buggy configurations), but by using blizzard refresh for my frame, it worked just fine, you can try to do that as a temporary solution till siggs have had a chance to take a look at it.

You can do so by not choosing a repaint option for the frame and it'll use blizzards default, hope it helps.
03-30-11, 07:07 PM   #4
Jomac625
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hi Kongys,
Thank you for the suggestion. I just gave it a try and unfortunately that didn't solve it either. It's really strange. The statusbars and icons update fine up until my character officially enters combat and then they freeze. The moment my character leaves combat all frames update begin working fine. My raid/party frame is the only openrdx window doing this.
03-30-11, 08:47 PM   #5
Kongys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Shame it didn't work, i'm sadly not experienced enough to help you further, though hopefully siggs can help you out (Should probably note that my fix worked on 8.0.20, haven't tested on 8.0.21, though probably doesn't make a difference)

You should try to post the recovery file as he suggested, that way he'll be able to look at the configuration of your raid/party frames and hopefully find a solution to your problem

Last edited by Kongys : 03-30-11 at 08:50 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Frames not updating in combat