06-29-06, 10:54 AM   #21
Farstrand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
@Farstrand:

Yes, but its not fully implemented yet. It will be Clique:CureAny(Clique.unit). You can set up the UnitMenu by setting a custom script to Clique:UnitMenu(Clique.unit). Most frames should have the right-click menu as default, which frames are you using where they're not?
I want to have the Rightclick to be the spell I have used with rightclick since I started using Watchdog, but to be able to get a meny I need to put it somewhere else then Rightclick. So how should that kind of script look? Just Clique:UnitMenu(Clique.unit) or do I need to do anything else with it? Since I now virtually nothing about this kind of thing.

Thanks for the fast response.

/Farstrand

---www.despair.com
06-29-06, 11:17 AM   #22
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LeftClick (of any flavor) should default to TargetUnit if you don't have something assigned (ctrl + left, shift + left, etc...). All other buttons and variatons should default to the popup-menu. (Mouse Button 4 works for me without configureing anything to get the pop-up menu)
06-29-06, 12:53 PM   #23
max000000
A Kobold Labourer
I have a similar desire to get alternate menu/target bindings. I use right and left click for healing spells so I'd like to bind the Player Menu to the middle button, and use shift-left click for targeting (and if possible shift-ctrl-left click for assist). A quick guide on how to use any built in functions to map these, or some way through macros would make me a full convert .
06-29-06, 01:13 PM   #24
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by max000000
I have a similar desire to get alternate menu/target bindings. I use right and left click for healing spells so I'd like to bind the Player Menu to the middle button, and use shift-left click for targeting (and if possible shift-ctrl-left click for assist). A quick guide on how to use any built in functions to map these, or some way through macros would make me a full convert .
TargetUnit(Clique.unit)
Clique:UnitMenu(Clique.unit)

Been there since release day =)

Create a new custom script.
click on the button at the top to bind it
give it the name "TargetUnit"
make the code: TargetUnit(Clique.unit)
save it.

Create a new custom script.
click on the button at the top to bind it
give it the name "UnitMenu"
make the code: Clique:UnitMenu(Clique.unit)
save it.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
06-29-06, 02:46 PM   #25
Dracil
A Murloc Raider
Different behavior to Watchdog on invalid targets

So, in Watchdog, if I try to cast a spell on someone in the frame and it fails (out of range, LOS, etc.) it'll be as if I didn't do anything.

With Clique, my mouse will remain as a Targeting button, which is annoying, especially since this targeting buton will not work when I click on the frame! Any way to get this behavior to work like Watchdog that does not involve scripting every single spell to cancel targeting, which kinda takes away the whole easy-to-use part of Clique.
06-29-06, 03:40 PM   #26
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dracil
So, in Watchdog, if I try to cast a spell on someone in the frame and it fails (out of range, LOS, etc.) it'll be as if I didn't do anything.

With Clique, my mouse will remain as a Targeting button, which is annoying, especially since this targeting buton will not work when I click on the frame! Any way to get this behavior to work like Watchdog that does not involve scripting every single spell to cancel targeting, which kinda takes away the whole easy-to-use part of Clique.
I've fixed this behavior on the svn, i'll try to release later tonight.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
06-29-06, 03:49 PM   #27
helmet
A Defias Bandit
Rejuv/Swiftmend in one button

I am trying to set up a script to Cast Rejuvination on the click target. If the target already has rejuvination, then it will cast Swiftmend. Unfortunately, I am having some error messages. Here is the script so far:

/script z=0;for i=1,16 do t=UnitBuff("target", i) if (t and string.find(t,"Rejuvenation")) or (t and string.find(t,"ResistNature")) then z=1 end end; if z==1 then ClearTarget() CastSpellByName("Swiftmend") SpellTargetUnit(Clique.unit) TargetLastTarget() else ClearTarget() CastSpellByName("Rejuvenation") SpellTargetUnit(Clique.unit) TargetLastTarget() ;end;

I get the error: Unexpected symbol near "/"

It works as a regular macro without the targeting stuff in there, but I would like to make it Clickcastable.
06-29-06, 04:01 PM   #28
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
get rid of the /script.

Custom scripts are pure LUA code.
06-29-06, 04:07 PM   #29
helmet
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, and kick ass mod. I have been an avid WD user for a while and this makes it so much better.
06-29-06, 04:45 PM   #30
Farstrand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
TargetUnit(Clique.unit)
Clique:UnitMenu(Clique.unit)
That worked like a charm.

An other small annoyence is that the WD frame for a Targets Target does not seams to work.
Can anyone else use Clique on that?

/Farstrand

---www.despair.com
06-29-06, 04:54 PM   #31
setar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by helmet
Code:
z=0;
for i=1,16 do 
  t=UnitBuff("target", i) 
  if (t and string.find(t,"Rejuvenation")) or 
     (t and string.find(t,"ResistNature")) 
  then z=1 end end; 
if z==1 then 
  ClearTarget() 
  CastSpellByName("Swiftmend") 
  SpellTargetUnit(Clique.unit) 
  TargetLastTarget() 
else 
  ClearTarget()  
  CastSpellByName("Rejuvenation") 
  TargetLastTarget() ;
end;
I've been, once again, tinkering around with something like this for Renew. There seems to be a logic problem, however, with checking the UnitBuff of the _target_ -- if I ClickCast Renew over a UnitFrame it will check whether my current active target has a Renew already, not the UnitFrame my mouse is hovering over.

Going to play around with Clique.unit instead and report back to see if that works.
06-29-06, 05:48 PM   #32
setar
A Murloc Raider
Getting there:

Code:
for i= 1,32 do t=UnitBuff(Clique.unit, i) 
  if t and string.find(t,"Renew")
  then return end end;
ClearTarget()
CastSpellByName("Renew") 
TargetLastTarget()
Only remaining issue is the LastTarget() function; if I don't have a target to begin with I end up targeting units I've already deselected (like a by-now dead mob). Hmm.
06-29-06, 06:52 PM   #33
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Hrm.. it'd be amusing if i left that out of my own addon.. i'll check it out and see what I get.

EDIT: I just successfully click-casted on my WatchDog tot frame. You have any more info?
06-29-06, 07:27 PM   #34
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
New beta up, follow the link in the first post. Changelog:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r3642 | cladhaire | 2006-06-29 21:04:22 -0400 (Thu, 29 Jun 2006) | 2 lines

* Finished Clique:CureAny(), tested it as best I could (I kept resisting wtf)
* Made the unit argument optional in Clique:UnitMenu()
* Removed the debug message from BestRank
* Fixed an issue where you'd randomly target the last known target when
* click-casting wihtout a target.
* Fixed the regexp in the spellbook scanner that caused spells rank 10 or higher to cast rank 1 instead =)
* This goes out to each and every single douchebag that thinks Perl Classic Unit Frames is a good idea. This is in the hopes that this gets google-cached on the CIA page so everyone knows exactly how much I hate coding for anything with Perl Classic Unit Frames. Everything is tested except for the pet frame. I hate you.
* I am going to stab myself in the face with a ballpoint pen.
* Fixed the issue with the spell-cast hand hanging after a failed cast.
06-30-06, 06:40 AM   #35
Farstrand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hrm.. it'd be amusing if i left that out of my own addon.. i'll check it out and see what I get.

EDIT: I just successfully click-casted on my WatchDog tot frame. You have any more info?
I must be stupid or something becouse today it works just fine. Will get back if I get it again.

/Farstrand

---www.despair.com
06-30-06, 11:38 AM   #36
Incarnate
A Murloc Raider
Very handy mod - I've been trying to clean up my hunter's interface, and this seems like the way to go.

Quick question: I couldn't find a way to limit a click-casting to a specific frame or set of frames, aside from the standard friendly/hostile dropdown. How is that done?
06-30-06, 11:39 AM   #37
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Incarnate
Very handy mod - I've been trying to clean up my hunter's interface, and this seems like the way to go.

Quick question: I couldn't find a way to limit a click-casting to a specific frame or set of frames, aside from the standard friendly/hostile dropdown. How is that done?
You can't, it would have to be done on a per-mod situation. Any particular reason you'd want to do this?
06-30-06, 11:53 AM   #38
Incarnate
A Murloc Raider
You can't, it would have to be done on a per-mod situation. Any particular reason you'd want to do this?
Now that I think about it, there's no reason not to cast mend pet when shift-clicking my party, either. It just feels weird.

Can Clique cast on say, party4 when I click on them, or do I have to have them targeted first?
06-30-06, 12:03 PM   #39
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
If it is a target in your party or raid (or yourself or your pet) Clique can cast on them without needing to target them.
06-30-06, 12:08 PM   #40
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

using current svn version on deDE I had the following problems:
- max button stays disabled all the time
- hitting new and then cancel still creates a custom macro

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Clique Beta Released!