04-05-16, 11:06 AM   #1
odl247
A Kobold Labourer
Gnome Sequencer Fail

Hello and thank you ahead of time,
I am having some frustrating difficulties with Gnome Sequencer. I have followed the step by step directions. I have poured over the forums and youtube trying to understand what might be wrong. As per the instructions I DL Gnome sequencer and extract it into the addons folder in WoW.
In Wow it appears in my addons and I have it enabled for out of date addons. I changed the name of the file to Sequences.lua as instructed. I copied and pasted working macros from wowlazymacros. How do I know they are working? My buddy and I just got back into the game, we stopped playing in 2011. He and I both found out about GS and installed it and the same macros. He is not having any problems at all. To verify this I tried making the macro named GnomeExample2. The problem is that no matter what macro name I use the normal 2 lines of text that would appear in box never do. I even had him tell me exactly with was in the text and put it in myself and still nothing.
My next step was to delete GS and redo the entire process, still failed.
I then read the forums and watched all of the youtube videos I could on the subject and tried deleting my WTF file, still no luck.
Then I tried DL an older version of GS, still not working.
Thanks for your time and am grateful for your help.
04-05-16, 02:55 PM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GnomeSequencer prints a red error message to the chat when you log in for the majority of catastrophic problems, but you might have to scroll up to see it.

The message would make it easier to identify the problem, but you most likely haven't named the sequences file correctly.

Some operating systems hide file extensions by default, so if you don't see an extension for the other files in the addon folder then you should just name it "Sequences" rather than "Sequences.lua" because it ends up actually being called "Sequences.lua.lua" and you just can't see the real file name.

The other potential problem is that you have an error in your file, which again would output to the chat.

Why don't you just get your friend to zip his GnomeSequencer folder and send it to you if he already has it working?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Gnome Sequencer Fail