07-29-09, 12:24 PM   #1
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Note to Self

Have you ever got on a flightplan and realized you forgot to repair armor? How about on one of your many alts and wish your main would send you this or that? Got on your main did your dailies logged out but Darn forgot to do what you meant to do.

Well I have that type of short term memory. Sure I could just constantly jot down notes but wouldn't an addon but sweeter.

I'm picturing a notes to self. The user can type in "/n2s [Repair when you land]" As soon as you land a popup box states "Repair when you land". Now if you clear out that pop up bc someone was talking to you then get ported to another location, the pop-up box would appear again. Basically it will keep reminding you after every port/load/flightplan until you ask it to stop. "/n2s done"

Now maybe a modifier can be put in so you can send it to different toons on the same server. /n2s Scott [Send Patch leather]. That way when you're playing Patch you can leave notes but when you log into Scott its the first thing you see.

Would it be possible to have one toon with multiple messages? That would be swell. Maybe they could be numbered up to ten. You can do a "/n2s show". It would then show all the notes for this toon numbering them. This would allow you to say: "/n2s done5" because the 5 thing is done.

Any input or advise please share....

Last edited by nickyjean : 07-29-09 at 12:26 PM.
08-01-09, 09:47 PM   #2
Deathmastuda
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Genius

Well i cant say i've ever seen such an addon but i will say. Great Idea!Being an Altoholic something like that would be awsome!I'm only a UI author and Not an addon author so i cant make something like that (Yet) but i think i know someone who can. I'm gonna talk to him next time i see him bout it (As long as i remember) and see if it's doable. Thx fer the idea.
08-02-09, 11:27 AM   #3
Donnaterassi
An Aku'mai Servant
Talking

Originally Posted by Deathmastuda View Post
<snip>
...but i think i know someone who can. I'm gonna talk to him next time i see him bout it

(As long as i remember)

and see if it's doable. Thx fer the idea.
Rofl.Rofl. Rofl.
08-02-09, 10:14 PM   #4
mikma
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While waiting, give my note-addon Ribbon a go

Altho it requires LDB display addon, too. (search ie. NinjaPanel)
08-10-09, 07:10 PM   #5
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
I did try ribbon but it's just not in your face enough. I'm hoping for more like a raid warning format or the one for entering cities that's splashed on the screen. But thank you .
08-11-09, 07:05 PM   #6
Mmoose
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Done

nickyjean,
Thanks for such a great idea, I hope I didn't massacre it too much

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...14390-n2s.html

Mm

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Note to Self