10-02-07, 11:01 PM   #1
zosopage1963
A Fallenroot Satyr
spell book problem

in the last couple days, I have had a problem 2 times where the spell book is in the upper left hand corner, only about 1/3 of the book is in the screen. I can not move the book, and since I don't know what mod is doing this, I have to delete my wtf folder and basically just start over in order to get that spell book to render on the page correctly. I really don't know what I did to do this, but I have tried re mazzifying, unchecking all mods, putting all mods back in, etc. Ihave mazzified another toon and didn't have an issue. On this toon, I remazify and the spell book gets put in the same place when you select it. Has anyone had this issue or if not, do they now what mod allows that book to be moved? I just don't want to have to re write my macros, etc everytime this happens... thanks!!!
10-02-07, 11:53 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're taking far too drastic an action for that. It looks like something in the new post-patch way WoW is handling coordinates, anchors or scaling is affecting the validity of the coordinates that moveFrames is storing.

- Try "/mf reset"
- If that doesn't work, try deleting the settings for moveFrames in your character's SavedVariables folder.
- If that doesn't work, try deleting your layout-cache.txt file in your character's SavedVariables folder.

Once reset, you may want to disable moveFrames until a fixed version comes out.

P.S. There might be a new version now, but, since I haven't been playing WoW, I have no idea what has come out recently.
10-03-07, 12:35 AM   #3
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Still no new version, I am not sure how WoW changed its xoff/yoff coordinates but it seems its in a never ending loop until you reach the farmost ends of your screen.

I posted a quick fix that will allow you to move the frames but the svaed coordinates from when you moved the frame are stopped from being reloaded, and the default blizzard location is loaded in its place, until i can figure out what exactly needs to be changed to fix moveframes.

The mathematic solution I used if xoff < 0 xoff = xoff * -1 would only work for about half of the screen, the other half pushes it back off again when it returns to a positive number.

Last edited by fyrye : 10-03-07 at 01:03 AM.
10-03-07, 06:24 AM   #4
zosopage1963
A Fallenroot Satyr
thanks Maz and fyrye

appreciate the help, will try that the next time this happens.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » spell book problem