06-10-14, 01:41 PM   #3461
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by spiros83 View Post
Hi there, wanted to ask what the latest update actually does, I mean what exactly is the new DBM skin and how do I use it?

Just add DBM in the addons folder, and re-initialize or reset the ui? Just installing it normally, doesnt do much, it just gives me the default DBM look...

Thanks in advance
Yah my bars look like normal dbm not the new 1's!!! what do i need to do to make them work?

06-11-14, 12:31 PM   #3462
therydan
A Murloc Raider
Serpent Sting

Hi!

i'm a long time user of RealUI and I have recently been looking for ways to improve my DPS as a hunter through playing skills and when talking to warlocks who with their debuffs and watching trinkets got me thinking about my own situation. I am looking for a similar way to "snapshot" serpent sting, I know Frost DKs had an addon that similarily displayed strength of diseases and while i know that Cobra Shot will refresh serpent sting and dynamically adjust the strength of the sting in accordance to your current player power I feel like if I knew the strength of SS I could make a better calculated choice of if I want to renew it or just continue spamming arcane shot/dump more focus while letting a powerful SS tick.

So, in RealUI, how would i accomplish this? Is it most easily done through Raven or with debuff frames? I want it to somewhere say that my sting ticks for 19k every 3 sec or 30k. That way I can keep an eye on trinkets/cooldowns and decide if to refresh or wait.

06-12-14, 01:25 AM   #3463
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
@spiros83, Massiveunit:
Check your addons folder for DBM-RealUI to make sure it's installed. Next, go to the char select screen and click the Addons button and scroll down to find DBM-RealUI. Make sure it is checked.

Also if you didn't already, delete Aurora_DBM. This addon has been folded into the main nibRealUI addon and may confict.

@therydan:
So you're looking for a way to track the tick damage for Serpent Sting?

Raven would likely be the one to look at, that is assuming it can display damage numbers. If you find that it can (i haven't looked), you'll have to open the RealUI config to disable it's control.

That said, I think your best bet will be finding another addon entirely. I'm sure your Warlock or DK friends will know some. If you have WeakAuras installed, i'm certain that you could do what you want with that. This of course would be beyond the scope of this thread.

Last edited by Gethe : 06-12-14 at 01:38 AM.

06-12-14, 11:15 AM   #3464
spiros83
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
@spiros83, Massiveunit:
Check your addons folder for DBM-RealUI to make sure it's installed. Next, go to the char select screen and click the Addons button and scroll down to find DBM-RealUI. Make sure it is checked.

Also if you didn't already, delete Aurora_DBM. This addon has been folded into the main nibRealUI addon and may confict.
Thanks, I'll try it out asap on a fresh install and will report back.

EDIT:

Tried out a fresh install, Real UI, BagSync, Clean Icons and DBM only. After the initial setup of the UI, this is what the DBM bars look for me:

Last edited by spiros83 : 06-12-14 at 11:30 AM.

06-12-14, 12:43 PM   #3465
manii
A Defias Bandit
Great UI! happy

but When I change the size of the bars.. exit the game. and later when i start the game aggain the bars are small aggain ?

help?

06-12-14, 12:48 PM   #3466
spiros83
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by manii View Post
Great UI! happy

but When I change the size of the bars.. exit the game. and later when i start the game aggain the bars are small aggain ?

help?
It's because Real UI is controlling the bartender settings. In order to change this, type /real go to advanced - addon control and untick Bartender. Reload UI, change the settings again and it should be fine

06-12-14, 01:07 PM   #3467
manii
A Defias Bandit
It's because Real UI is controlling the bartender settings. In order to change this, type /real go to advanced - addon control and untick Bartender. Reload UI, change the settings again and it should be fine
How about changing the fonts size..

damage/ spells/ and quests etc...

how can i change and keep saving it?

Last edited by manii : 06-12-14 at 01:34 PM.

06-12-14, 02:28 PM   #3468
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Thanks, I'll try it out asap on a fresh install and will report back.

EDIT:

Tried out a fresh install, Real UI, BagSync, Clean Icons and DBM only. After the initial setup of the UI, this is what the DBM bars look for me:

<snip>
Try out this update.

Originally Posted by manii View Post
How about changing the fonts size..

damage/ spells/ and quests etc...

how can i change and keep saving it?
/real -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings -> Fonts

06-12-14, 04:19 PM   #3469
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Works great now Gethe. Thanks!

06-12-14, 05:01 PM   #3470
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Works great now Gethe. Thanks!
Yes it does....Thanks so much Gethe for they update.

Massive

06-13-14, 03:33 AM   #3471
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Skada was updated a few days ago. It's now an all-in-one folder.

06-13-14, 09:05 AM   #3472
spiros83
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks, works as aforementioned!

06-13-14, 01:47 PM   #3473
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Skada was updated a few days ago. It's now an all-in-one folder.
Yeah im working an an AddOn update, mostly the ones that are modified to fit RealUI (Aurora has had a lot). All other addons (like Skada) are free to be updated whenever, but i'll get those in too.

06-13-14, 03:06 PM   #3474
Crall
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This small thing have bothered me for a while and I have no clue why it occours, but whenever I wanna track my procs with you really amazing aura tracking, jade spirit just doesn't wanna show. Using the exact spellID and tested it with weak aura that it's the exact one, still doesn't work. Possible fix for this small issue?

Keep up the amazing work!

06-13-14, 11:52 PM   #3475
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah im working an an AddOn update, mostly the ones that are modified to fit RealUI (Aurora has had a lot). All other addons (like Skada) are free to be updated whenever, but i'll get those in too.
Aurora's a tough one. I relied on it's CreateSD function (been removed now) to do a number of things (adding window frames into the RealUI window array (REALUI_WINDOW_FRAMES) to get the RealUI option slider for window opacity to work and adding the stripe textures to window frames). Everything now uses CreateBD, which is used for a lot more than just window frames.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-14-14 at 12:29 AM.

06-14-14, 01:05 PM   #3476
tmil93
A Murloc Raider
I accidentally reset the healing portion of real UI's frames, so everytime I swap from dps/tank to heals, it's just a cluster on my screen:
http://imgur.com/tf7rbEV
Is there a fix to this? Tried reinstalling real UI and it came out the same.

06-14-14, 11:37 PM   #3477
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tmil93 View Post
I accidentally reset the healing portion of real UI's frames, so everytime I swap from dps/tank to heals, it's just a cluster on my screen:
http://imgur.com/tf7rbEV
Is there a fix to this? Tried reinstalling real UI and it came out the same.
/realui > Advanced > Reset

06-15-14, 06:23 AM   #3478
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Aurora's a tough one. I relied on it's CreateSD function (been removed now) to do a number of things (adding window frames into the RealUI window array (REALUI_WINDOW_FRAMES) to get the RealUI option slider for window opacity to work and adding the stripe textures to window frames). Everything now uses CreateBD, which is used for a lot more than just window frames.
Bleh, I'm still working out how to best rewrite Aurora. There's a lot to take into account.

The first big choice I have to make is how to deal with the version fragmentation. Currently, I have a lighter version of Aurora built into my own UI, with mostly duplicate code, but changes here and there, so it's easy to mess up. It also means users of my own UI have less options than Aurora users which is kinda weird.

I'm either moving the Aurora code out of my own UI and instead making the UI dependent on the standalone addon (or even just having Aurora be optional), or rewriting my whole UI into a modular "Aurora UI". With just the core and Theme module, it would work just like the old Aurora. I'm not sure whether I'd still upload it as a separate download then.

Then I have to figure out how to handle customization. Do I add a whole bunch of options to control backgrounds, borders, colours, etc? Do I just allow people to register their own style methods in other addons so I don't have to worry about it? I don't know.

There's a lot of work ahead either way

06-15-14, 09:26 AM   #3479
tmil93
A Murloc Raider
All fixed, thank you!

06-16-14, 11:14 PM   #3480
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Bleh, I'm still working out how to best rewrite Aurora. There's a lot to take into account.

The first big choice I have to make is how to deal with the version fragmentation. Currently, I have a lighter version of Aurora built into my own UI, with mostly duplicate code, but changes here and there, so it's easy to mess up. It also means users of my own UI have less options than Aurora users which is kinda weird.

I'm either moving the Aurora code out of my own UI and instead making the UI dependent on the standalone addon (or even just having Aurora be optional), or rewriting my whole UI into a modular "Aurora UI". With just the core and Theme module, it would work just like the old Aurora. I'm not sure whether I'd still upload it as a separate download then.

Then I have to figure out how to handle customization. Do I add a whole bunch of options to control backgrounds, borders, colours, etc? Do I just allow people to register their own style methods in other addons so I don't have to worry about it? I don't know.

There's a lot of work ahead either way
I kind of like how oUF was built. You could have a core Aurora addon, then the skin (optionally, with Aurora embedded) to define the look.

Anyway, <3<3<3<3 I look forward to checking it out when you get started.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI