06-19-14, 11:20 AM   #3481
sarahthepope
A Kobold Labourer
Raid Frames

Is there a way to move raid frames? I have adjusted my bars to the position I like them, but they're overlapping right on top of the raid frames. Thanks in advance.

06-22-14, 02:06 PM   #3482
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by sarahthepope View Post
Is there a way to move raid frames? I have adjusted my bars to the position I like them, but they're overlapping right on top of the raid frames. Thanks in advance.
/real -> Positions -> Element Settings:
Use the dropdown and select Grid (Healing or DPS/Tank), then use the sliders to position as you wish.

06-24-14, 10:58 AM   #3483
Aranan
A Murloc Raider

I found the updated RealUI-DBM on the previous page and that fixed the skinning on DBM, so thanks for that!

I was wondering though, are the bars supposed to still be in the default positions? As-is, they cover a lot of important UI elements like buff/debuff timers and the boss health bars. I don't mind moving stuff around on my own, but I thought it was incorporated into the UI?

06-25-14, 10:38 AM   #3484
Folkes
A Defias Bandit
Event Notifier!

Hello there!

First of all, THANK YOU for an amazing AddOn-pack.
Second of all, I don't know if this has already been mentioned and I'm truly sorry if it has.

Right, I'm in love with the event tracker. It's amazing that it pops everytime I'm near a rare spawn in Pandaria. But I was wondering if there was any way to modify the way it works. I'd like the event tracker to pop in Outland, Northrend and Cataclysm zones too. Is there any reason why it doesn't do that?

Best regards,

Folkes.

06-25-14, 02:28 PM   #3485
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Folkes View Post
Hello there!

First of all, THANK YOU for an amazing AddOn-pack.
Second of all, I don't know if this has already been mentioned and I'm truly sorry if it has.

Right, I'm in love with the event tracker. It's amazing that it pops everytime I'm near a rare spawn in Pandaria. But I was wondering if there was any way to modify the way it works. I'd like the event tracker to pop in Outland, Northrend and Cataclysm zones too. Is there any reason why it doesn't do that?

Best regards,

Folkes.
The event provided by Blizzard for these notifications only fires in Pandaria/TI atm. It's possible they'll expand it's functionality to other zones in future expansions.

06-27-14, 08:19 AM   #3486
lazalx
A Defias Bandit
I am having a difficult time changing Raven and Kui Nameplates font settings. I change the settings and they happen in real-time. After /rl, the settings revert back to the default font for Raven. Kui Nameplates retains the font although the font field changes back to default which is strange, the issue is, it won't save the font scaling I've set.

All the fonts in RealUI have been persistent after setting. I am only having issues with Raven and Kui Nameplates.

Since it seems dead set on reverting back to the pixel_( ) fonts I am going to try deleting those as I prefer the use of the Standard font as used in Chatter. If this proves successful I will let you know.

Thanks for an amazing UI/Addon pack!

lazalx

06-27-14, 06:46 PM   #3487
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
"Link Layouts" functionality?

I de-linked the DPS and Healer layouts and configured the Healing layout to look exactly like I want it. Now, I want to copy those settings to the DPS layout before tweaking them a little bit (mostly moving Grid out of the way.) I'm afraid that if I re-check the "Link Layouts" button in RealUI, the unconfigured DPS layout will overwrite the healing layout, instead of vice versa. How does this function work, and is there a way for me to copy from healing to dps without doing it all by hand?

06-27-14, 08:36 PM   #3488
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Elysdeon View Post
I de-linked the DPS and Healer layouts and configured the Healing layout to look exactly like I want it. Now, I want to copy those settings to the DPS layout before tweaking them a little bit (mostly moving Grid out of the way.) I'm afraid that if I re-check the "Link Layouts" button in RealUI, the unconfigured DPS layout will overwrite the healing layout, instead of vice versa. How does this function work, and is there a way for me to copy from healing to dps without doing it all by hand?
It will copy the current layout's settings to the other layout. So tick it while on Healing and it should be good. PS. Only works on Position settings.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-27-14 at 08:41 PM.

06-28-14, 01:22 AM   #3489
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by lazalx View Post
I am having a difficult time changing Raven and Kui Nameplates font settings. I change the settings and they happen in real-time. After /rl, the settings revert back to the default font for Raven. Kui Nameplates retains the font although the font field changes back to default which is strange, the issue is, it won't save the font scaling I've set.

All the fonts in RealUI have been persistent after setting. I am only having issues with Raven and Kui Nameplates.

Since it seems dead set on reverting back to the pixel_( ) fonts I am going to try deleting those as I prefer the use of the Standard font as used in Chatter. If this proves successful I will let you know.

Thanks for an amazing UI/Addon pack!

lazalx
/realui > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Fonts > Change the Pixel fonts in there

06-28-14, 04:59 AM   #3490
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
It will copy the current layout's settings to the other layout. So tick it while on Healing and it should be good. PS. Only works on Position settings.
Makes sense. Thanks!

06-28-14, 08:33 AM   #3491
lazalx
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
/realui > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Fonts > Change the Pixel fonts in there
Hi Nib,

Thanks for the prompt response. The settings in /realui > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Fonts, were all changed to the "Standard" font. Changing the fonts in RealUI seems to have no effect on Kui Nameplates or Raven.

In Raven, /raven > Defaults > Fonts and Textures, I change the font to Standard there and change the size. I see the changes instantly, but upon /rl or log out/log in it reverts back to the pixel font but keeps my other changes for size and mono.

In Kui Nameplates, /kuinameplates > Fonts, I change the font to Standard, and the scaling to .75/.9 or anything slightly larger than the default of .64 and I see the changes instantly. Upon /rl or log out/log in it reverts back to the pixel font and does not keep my scaling preferences.

I found a workaround for the font issue. I tried deleting the fonts but then it did some weirdness. Instead I copied the standard.tff font and renamed it to match all the pixel_(name).tff so now when the Addons reference a pixel font they are really using the standard font.

I don't have a workaround for the scaling which reverts in Kui Nameplates. I can live with that.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
lazalx

06-28-14, 09:21 PM   #3492
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by lazalx View Post
... Upon /rl or log out/log in it reverts back to ...
Have you tried unticking in Advanced>AddOn Control?

06-29-14, 09:02 AM   #3493
lazalx
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Have you tried unticking in Advanced>AddOn Control?
That worked. My scaling preferences persist through /rl.

06-30-14, 08:44 PM   #3494
Peerly
An Aku'mai Servant
I've been getting this error for a long while now, and though it doesn't seem to effect anything it's been bugging me more than usual lately:

[ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "ChatFrame1:Show()"
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\FloatingChatFrame.lua:2156: in function "FCFDock_UpdateTabs"
FrameXML\FloatingChatFrame.lua:1407: in function <FrameXML\FloatingChatFrame.lua:1406>
Blizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3508: in function "FCF_DockUpdate"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2256: in function "UIParentManageFramePositions"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1578: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1565>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2263: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2261>
<in C code>
FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:99: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:79>
<in C code>
FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:76: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:75>

Locals:
nil

Any idea what this is about?

I make sure to exclude BugGrabber from updates, so shouldn't it work without a hitch?

07-01-14, 02:11 AM   #3495
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Please check Chatter... looks like it broke during the latest update. I see the Blizzard control buttons and it can't be configured via RealUI.

EDIT: oops. I was doing a fresh install and "Load out of date AddOns" was unchecked.

Last edited by Anj : 07-01-14 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Chatter's fine now.

07-01-14, 06:04 AM   #3496
Peerly
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Anj View Post
EDIT: oops. I was doing a fresh install and "Load out of date AddOns" was unchecked.
I've done that SO many times it's unfunny. Glad you worked out a solution.

07-01-14, 11:40 AM   #3497
vitorgrocha
A Kobold Labourer
latency

I want to disable the red bar indicates the castbar latency, it is possible?

07-01-14, 01:02 PM   #3498
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Peerly View Post
I've been getting this error for a long while now, and though it doesn't seem to effect anything it's been bugging me more than usual lately:

[ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "ChatFrame1:Show()"
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\FloatingChatFrame.lua:2156: in function "FCFDock_UpdateTabs"
FrameXML\FloatingChatFrame.lua:1407: in function <FrameXML\FloatingChatFrame.lua:1406>
Blizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3508: in function "FCF_DockUpdate"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2256: in function "UIParentManageFramePositions"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1578: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1565>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2263: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2261>
<in C code>
FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:99: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:79>
<in C code>
FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:76: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:75>

Locals:
nil

Any idea what this is about?

I make sure to exclude BugGrabber from updates, so shouldn't it work without a hitch?
This is a taint log. Taint is weird since an innocent addon can sometimes get "blamed" for something another addon tried to do.

That said, when does this happen? On login, interacting with chat, somthing else?
Try disabling any addons that aren't included in RealUI and see if it pops up again.

Last edited by Gethe : 07-01-14 at 01:49 PM.

07-01-14, 02:41 PM   #3499
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Nameplate fonts are not scaling properly. I have never had this problem before. Also saw that it was using a different texture. They're easy to fix though.

07-02-14, 08:31 AM   #3500
Phewx2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bag Categories

The categories Cool Stuff and Junk work but if I try to put something in other categories like Consumables and Trade Goods nothing happens and the items stay in the New Items container.
Any idea how to solve this?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI