06-08-07, 02:48 AM   #1
chanceibmny
An Aku'mai Servant

Forgotten mail mod

Hey guys, having some issues.

I used to have a mass mail mod that allowed me to just alt click items from my bags and it would move them over to a seperate window (not the CT_Mail Mod that allows up to 21 items to be sent) and would allow me to send to 1 character with 1 click of send. I cannot remember the name of the mod, but I do remember that it allowed ALOT more than just 21 items to be sent at a time.

The window it put the items in was like a black translucent window.

Sadly, with v2.1 out, i deleted all of my mods to start creating a new UI, only to have a guildie show me how to update the .toc files for the new patch...I hvae CT_MailMod and its great, but its confining by only allowing 21 items to be sent at a time. Any help greatly appriciated!!

Thanks,
Chance

Last edited by chanceibmny : 06-08-07 at 03:19 AM.
06-08-07, 03:46 AM   #2
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Just a warning: be careful simply editing the TOC files to get an addon to work... you may think you have an updated version when you don't. There is always the option to load out of date addons. That way you can be sure why something's horribly broken
06-08-07, 04:08 AM   #3
Jazradel
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's possible it was Gmail, now called Postal. I don't think it has the feature any more unfortunately.
06-08-07, 04:50 AM   #4
chanceibmny
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Jazradel
It's possible it was Gmail, now called Postal. I don't think it has the feature any more unfortunately.

Actually, I think it was Gmail. I dont suppose you would know where I could pick it back up do you? I did a search for both Gmail and Postal, but couldn't find either. It is unfortunate that the feature is no longer there though.

Updating TOC files...lol well so far when I update the .toc files or load out of date addons, things seem to be working fine, although I'm sure eventually I'll try that and everything will go all screwy. Thanks for the heads up though!
06-08-07, 06:34 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Postal is an Ace2 mod. Most (including Postal) Ace2 mods can be found at http://files.wowace.com.
06-08-07, 08:52 AM   #6
jenariel
A Murloc Raider
I found another Ace addon called bulkmail it looks exactly how you described, though I dont kinow if it has a send limit or not. But i do know that feature was taken out of postal since I use it
06-08-07, 10:01 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Postal is a remake of Gmail, since Gmail was pretty much a copy-paste of CT_MailMod. Postal does not have the bulk mail window that Gmail had, but it does remember the last recipient and you can just alt-tab each item to send it off to that person. No other button clicks needed. The only downside to this is that you may want to review what you are sending out or may send something by accident. I haven't had any issues with it yet, but I just use it to send stuff to my bank alt and hubby anyway.

edit: some people use bulkmail in addition to Postal to have that feature
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-08-07, 12:47 PM   #8
chanceibmny
An Aku'mai Servant

Thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback guys, you've all been very helpful.

I went to wowace.com and checked out what they had up (probably the only site I've found so far that updates all of their mods on a regular basis) and picked up Postal. I'm saddened that Gmail was changed around (really liked that mod) but hey, I guess it happens. All I can do is hope that someone will pick it back up and add that feature back into it.

Thank you again everyone, happy gaming!!
06-08-07, 01:04 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by chanceibmny
I'm saddened that Gmail was changed around (really liked that mod) but hey, I guess it happens. All I can do is hope that someone will pick it back up and add that feature back into it.
The author (same author as Gmail, btw - CT didn't like how similar Gmail was to CT which is why he had to recode it) wanted to think of an original way to implement it. So far, I think, the alt-click to send and remember recipient works well enough.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Forgotten mail mod