06-25-09, 04:45 PM   #1
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Michael Jackson Dies

This is not a joke, it's on CNN. I just turned on the news and there it was.... I dunno what happened yet.
06-25-09, 04:49 PM   #2
Nedlinin
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
This is not a joke, it's on CNN. I just turned on the news and there it was.... I dunno what happened yet.
Died from a heartattack
06-25-09, 05:40 PM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

i was just watching the TV and they said hes suffered a cardiac arrest and its not yet known if hes dead or not.
06-25-09, 05:47 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

All the major new sites are saying he is indeed dead. I honestly don't know exactly how to feel about this. He was obviously one of the most talented singer/songwriters of the past 35 years or so, and yet he has lived such a bizarre life in those same years... Does his lifestyle (possible illegalities included) negate his talent? I don't really think so, but at the same time a lot of the stuff he was reported to have done just sounded so wrong.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-25-09, 05:52 PM   #5
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

How about some real news: Farrah Fawcett died too. She did a lot of charity work after her acting career ended, and its just wrong that as soon as Wacko Jacko died, they stopped all news reporting of ANY kind on CNN to cover the death of a Child Molester Super Star.
06-25-09, 05:53 PM   #6
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
Not to be jumpin in but he was kinda on topic, He just feels different then some people heck I be lying if that didn't pop in my head.

But yea it was cardiac Arrest.
06-25-09, 05:54 PM   #7
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Stay on topic, or don't post.
*hugs*

But with the topic being what it is, did you really not expect that?

I also do not have anything nice to say about him (he influenced the purchase of 4 pairs of parachute pants when I was around 12 yrs old, that is when things started going bad").

*sympathy for his family*
06-25-09, 05:56 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Not to be jumpin in but he was kinda on topic, He just feels different then some people heck I be lying if that didn't pop in my head.

But yea it was cardiac Arrest.
He's dead. His family is grieving along with a lot of fans. People need to be respectful of that. For all you know, I could very well agree with Shyce but that's besides the point. His post was cruel and off topic.
06-25-09, 05:57 PM   #9
Gimbli
Premium Member
How about a person died, meaning a life ended. If you don't care for the person who died, and don't necessarily have the best "attitude" towards them, you keep your mouth shut out of the sheer respect that they died.

Yea, it stinks a little that Farrah died as well, although it was widely known she was dealing with cancer. Michael was kinda, out of the blue. Today's generation simply regards him for all the negative things in the press/media/etc., and don't care to respect the groundwork he laid for music well before their time.

I'm not a personal "huge" fan of him, but I absolutely respect what he did for music, and his talent. R.I.P.
06-25-09, 06:00 PM   #10
tinyu
A Molten Giant

remember him for his music, my favorite MJ song is They dont care about us
06-25-09, 06:03 PM   #11
Zaydok
An Aku'mai Servant
Stay on topic, or don't post.
Well technically they are on topic, "Michael Jackson Dies" is the title of this thread, that is their response to his death. It might not be what you would have put, but still they are entitle to their opinion.

Honestly, MJ was one of the most talented singers/songwriters of the last few decades as stated above. However, I do believe the allegations made against him to be at least in part true. In life we are all talented at different things, but that talent does not give us free reign to do whatever we want. And even after accomplishing many great things it is possible to negate all of them through actions later on in life. I think MJ is the classic tale of an abused child becoming the abuser. It is sad, but it is very much a reality in this world.

With that said, I don't wish death on anyone however, but obviously it was his time to go. His work up to the early 90s will still be music that I consider to be good and will listen to. I wasn't much for his newer stuff.
06-25-09, 06:03 PM   #12
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

If it's this bad here, I can't imagine what trade chat looks like right now.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-25-09, 06:04 PM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not going to sit here and debate on it. It's off topic, period.

I'm done with this thread... have fun derailing it.
06-25-09, 06:07 PM   #14
shyce
A Fallenroot Satyr
Should I have had respect for sadam hussein when he was hung? No, he committed a crime against humanity. In my eyes, michael jackson is no different. You have your own opinions, but this is a forum. If you don't like what I have to say, you don't need to jump down my throat. Don't force your own viewpoints of death and respect upon me.
06-25-09, 06:16 PM   #15
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by shyce View Post
Should I have had respect for sadam hussein when he was hung? No, he committed a crime against humanity. In my eyes, michael jackson is no different. You have your own opinions, but this is a forum. If you don't like what I have to say, you don't need to jump down my throat. Don't force your own viewpoints of death and respect upon me.

The absolute LEAST you could do is show some respect for the family for their loss. His tramendous talent will be missed. I cant even begin to explain the saddness i feel. Rest in peace Michael. You will be missed sorely.
06-25-09, 06:25 PM   #16
Republic
Paladin

He who doesn't respect his own life cannot value that of others. I'm not surprised there are idiots happy with his death, or at least willing to say something that amounts to nothing more than "being an ass for the sake of being an ass".

That said, I think MJ was as bizarre as they come. Many great people were similar in that regard. I personally think the man was surrounded by vultures who did nothing more than try to figure ways of setting him up so they could get paid. I don't believe the molestation charges (you do realize he was acquitted) were genuine. I think the man, through his dysfunction, put himself in unwise circumstances.

Not a damned person reading this forum has any inside information that would prove MJ's guilt in any charges brought forth. Why is it that people can accept bad things like the molestation charges on a leap of faith but cannot accept positive things in similar fashion? Think about that a while. Why don't you guys consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, he was innocent and set up for that crap? Or, well, I guess you are more knowledgeable than the jury who deliberated and exonerated him of all charges. Yeah, right. The man was found to be innocent by a jury of his peers and the American legal system. In a case with the spotlight Michael's received, they wouldn't screw that up.

At the very least, post mature responses. If you need to pile on in time of someone's grief, you may have a larger problem than you realize.

R.I.P. Michael, you were a great one.
06-25-09, 06:29 PM   #17
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by shyce View Post
The difference is, the American Legal system was unable to support your stupid opinion via trial proceedings. You believe hype and are in contrary position to the jury on his trial. I'm not sure why you're clinging to bad information to form your "opinion", but you look like a fool to some of us. Saddam was guilty of attempted genocide. I can't even believe you'd compare the two. It shows how much thought you put into things. You can say whatever you want. You are free to sound as ignorant as you want.

Are you suggesting you have knowledge the jury was lacking? I didn't think so. Shut up.
06-25-09, 06:40 PM   #18
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
The difference is, the American Legal system was unable to support your stupid opinion via trial proceedings. You believe hype and are in contrary position to the jury on his trial. I'm not sure why you're clinging to bad information to form your "opinion", but you look like a fool to some of us. Saddam was guilty of attempted genocide. I can't even believe you'd compare the two. It shows how much thought you put into things. You can say whatever you want. You are free to sound as ignorant as you want.

Are you suggesting you have knowledge the jury was lacking? I didn't think so. Shut up.
I still wonder who killed OJ's wife, because it was obviously not OJ, right?

How many people are found totally not guilty for crimes they have spent years in prison for after being found guilty years prior, due to improved evidence gathering/testing and new evidence being brought forth?

The American Legal system is extremely flawed Republic. The accused have more rights than the accuser, jury tampering happens, and some people just have blatant lack of respect for the true meaning of justice.

Sorry for the offtopic, but I needed to respond to that.
06-25-09, 06:54 PM   #19
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I still wonder who killed OJ's wife, because it was obviously not OJ, right?

How many people are found totally not guilty for crimes they have spent years in prison for after being found guilty years prior, due to improved evidence gathering/testing and new evidence being brought forth?

The American Legal system is extremely flawed Republic. The accused have more rights than the accuser, jury tampering happens, and some people just have blatant lack of respect for the true meaning of justice.

Sorry for the offtopic, but I needed to respond to that.
Yeah um...really? You don't say? The legal system capable of mistakes? That's a newsflash to me.

In any event, the point I'm making is that idiots like the ones posting the pedo comments are doing so by taking a huge leap of faith. If accusations automatically mean guilt, everyone's screwed.

Thank you for the "lesson". For the record, the accused should have equal rights to accusers. If that wasn't true, the foundation of our entire government is flawed. I know it's sometimes hard to fathom, but it's true.

I still don't understand why people are so willing to take these leaps of faith in order to pile on crap in a situation they are almost completely ignorant of. Why not something positive?

Anyone else want to challenge Yhor for achievement title "Master of the Obvious"? No attunement needed.
06-25-09, 08:03 PM   #20
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oh, for crying out loud. Please leave discussions of the legal system for another thread.

Random MJ bashers
People have their opinions, but on this forum, everyone will abide by the site's rules of respect, courtesy, and no flaming.

I was in my car on the way to work this evening when I heard the first reports. My jaw dropped and I finished my drive in a daze... Wondering how many other people weren't paying attention to the road, just like me, listening to the news and the Jackson 5/Michael Jackson songs being played on the radio in his memory... He was a favorite of mine growing up in the 80s. And he has done A LOT for the music industry and inspired many musicians which people listen to today. Want an idea of who?
http://www.yahoo.com/s/1091588
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Michael Jackson Dies