10-04-10, 04:31 PM   #1
ApatiaMax
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[HELP] Replacing User Interface Advanced

Hello,

ok I've made a pair of Bitmap to be used with Btex, but it's like a drugs, so looks like I can't stop.

To be honest, my unsatisfaction, come from a pair of addon that I use, which can be removed, just simply buy using the default element, but i need some infos.

1) i need to create a complex UI, so that mean the "background" isn't enough,
i need to made a texture that will be overlapped to the experience bar, just like the default one.
2) i need to define the position of the buttons bar, and i need to create a 4x3 action bar, which, with the default one is impossible.

So i wonder if there are some tools to made all this stuff in some simple way, i'm a good photoshopper, but i'm very bad in programming...

so help me!
10-06-10, 11:30 PM   #2
Taroven
A Cyclonian
A complex UI can often detract from the game itself, leading to its own problems. Just remember there's more to the game than a bunch of bars and have fun designing.

This seems like nothing Dominos and a good panel addon couldn't easily handle. kgPanels and LitePanels come to mind.
10-07-10, 01:27 AM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
It would be of somewhat help if you posted a dump of your psd file
  • Dominos is indeed a very good choice to customize your actionbar set.
  • Bartender is another one, almost like Dominos but it's configuration is different.
  • Macaroon is a third one, and possible the most advanced(macro based action bar).

You could style the actionbuttons with either rActionButtonStyler(lua configuration, open up the lua file with notepad) or ButtonFacade and one of its dozen of skins.

For unitframes you have the following options:
  • oUF + one of it's layouts, lua configuration, you have to write your layout yourself or you can use a layout from somebody else.
  • STUF, nearly everything can be handled with this one. Ingame options.
  • SUF, bars are tied together, very nice for raid frames as well. Ingame options.
  • Pitbull4, bars are tied together, possible the most used unitframe AddOn, but as a graphic designer which uses a lot of art STUF might be better. Ingame options.

And offcourse there is also various Minimap Addons, chat addons, and buff addons.
10-08-10, 11:29 AM   #4
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
  • Macaroon is a third one, and possible the most advanced(macro based action bar).
TRUE STORY!! Macaroon = tehbest

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
10-09-10, 07:35 AM   #5
ApatiaMax
A Murloc Raider
Thank you all i'll start to study

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » [HELP] Replacing User Interface Advanced