04-18-21, 11:49 PM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Working version fo NazScrooge or DepositBox?

I am a serial spender and used to use a addon called DepositBox... I was wondering if there is any mods like it around nowadays. I see NazScrooge recommended but it is also abandoned.

Basically DepositBox changed the UI so you could make a virtual savings account. You would set a % of all the gold you get to go to the deposit box and your bags would only display the remainder.

So I could set it to 80% and 80% of all gold would be "hidden" and You would need to physically move money from the deposit box to your bags to be able to spend it.

Is there any mods like this around now?

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...azScrooge.html
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/nazscrooge

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...positBox3.html
04-21-21, 08:20 AM   #2
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I used to use this too way back in the day. I spent a long time looking for something and never found anything currently existing.

I attempted to try and figure out how it worked to resurrect it a few years back, but I couldn't figure it out.

I just ended up resorting to creating an alt-guild bank that I store all my gold in now.
04-21-21, 10:29 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
In theory it could be just the case of storing the savings amount in a saved variables table and when logging in update your in game money to reflect the saved amount and then have the addon monitor money receipt to put a percentage into the saved variable table and monitor for a request to remove from said savings account.

And to visually see the saved amount as a separate entity with perhaps a record of receipts etc a window to hold the money amount and a scrolling list of money coming in and going out as requested.

Hopefully that description will give briskman3000 a headstart in perhaps looking into creating a similar addon.
04-21-21, 02:42 PM   #4
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It's more than just modifying the amount seen on the screen.

The addon actually tricked the UI into thinking that the amount of gold that was saved in the "box" didn't actually exist when at a vendor.

For example, let's say your character actually had 1,000 gold. You told the addon to put 50g into the box. When you went to a vendor or the AH, the UI would only show 950g, and if you attempted to buy something that cost >950g, the addon would prevent you from doing so, by triggering the default "not enough gold" event, just like if you actually only had 950g.

When I looked years ago DepositBox was written in a way that I could not decipher. I've never heard of NazScrooge before. Maybe that code is written with actual variable names that make sense to me and I can figure it out.

No promises.
04-21-21, 04:09 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That sounds like something that in its simplest form could be achieved by pre-hooking `GetMoney`.

That is assuming Merchant/Auction/Mail etc all use that method to get the player's worth.
04-22-21, 11:08 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yes, Dridzt suggestion may be a good place to start. That's the downside of trying to work with someone else's addon. There may be parts that you can't just touch or it will break everything .. been there done that .. never again rofl.
04-22-21, 10:47 PM   #7
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
If this mod could get resurrected that would be so awesome.. I am sorry I am not a modder or programmer, so unable to help at all, unless you need gfx.

Originally Posted by briskman3000 View Post
It's more than just modifying the amount seen on the screen.

<snip>

For example, let's say your character actually had 1,000 gold. You told the addon to put 50g into the box. When you went to a vendor or the AH, the UI would only show 950g, and if you attempted to buy something that cost >950g, the addon would prevent you from doing so, by triggering the default "not enough gold" event, just like if you actually only had 950g.
yeah the "saved" money was not able to be spent at all unless you physically move it out of the box.
04-23-21, 12:17 AM   #8
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I never heard of NazScrooge before this thread and looked into the code for that one. It seems easier for me to understand so I may be able to figure something out from that one.

My biggest issue is that it uses alot of Ace3 libraries and my knowledge of that is near 0 so that would take the most time to decipher.

The amount of time I would be able to devote to this project is extremely limited as I have a very unorthodox work schedule so it may take a while.
10-02-22, 06:55 PM   #9
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
did anyone ever make a addon like this?
07-04-23, 11:12 PM   #10
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
any word on this mod getting reborn?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Working version fo NazScrooge or DepositBox?