10-18-16, 12:31 PM   #1
Destructor2012
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bug - Work Complete Sound For Objective Progress

There appears to be a bug in the latest version that causes the Peon Work Complete sound to play each time you progress an objective of a quest. I don't even have this sound enabled in my quest completion sound settings, so not sure how that's happening. It didn't happen in the last version I was using (which I think was from last month). Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
10-18-16, 04:25 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I do not have Carbonite, but I noticed this happening randomly in a world quest. I have a separate addon that does basically the same thing called Work_Complete. There may be an intermittent Blizzard bug that triggers the wrong quest status events.
10-19-16, 12:59 AM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Was questing yesterday and everything was fine. Cant reproduce. It can be other addon or blizz bug. Disable all other addons just leave Carbonite and Carb Modules enabled and check if this happens.

Last edited by ircdirk : 10-19-16 at 02:03 AM.
10-19-16, 01:26 PM   #4
Destructor2012
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay thanks to both of you. I will try that and report back.
10-25-16, 01:02 PM   #5
Destructor2012
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think I figured out the problem. It was QuestGuru. It seems that author chose to put sounds in a separate addon and I wasn't aware of that. Disabling it fixed the problem. Thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Bug - Work Complete Sound For Objective Progress