09-11-11, 05:45 AM   #1
EscaFoXX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Item Alt Tracking

Does anyone know of an add on that will just record and display item quantity in the tool tip?
I'm using BankItems at the moment but I find it uses too much memory for my liking and I don't use the cross character check GUI that comes with it. I don't want to look at one character from another, I just want to be able to see how many stacks I have spread across my characters.
09-11-11, 07:01 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just went looking through the addon category of Bags, Bank, Inventory

First one I came across was BagSync . Sounds like it will do exactly what you are looking for.

BagnonForever May do what you want as well. You'll find it bundled with the excellent Bagnon addon.

Something to keep in mind also... Memory usage isn't that large of an issue. If I understand how these particular addons work, all they do is keep a database of collected information which creates static memory. The more items and characters that you have stored in it, the larger the database no matter which addon is being used.

The performance hit will only come when you begin to mouseover items to see the counts. That's when it's up to your CPU to do the work of finding the info in the databases. And even then, the hit from an addon like this would/should be so insignificant as to not really matter which you used. It would all boil down to which you preferred.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Item Alt Tracking