03-01-10, 06:51 PM   #1
Calyx
A Defias Bandit

Always showing unexplored areas

I'm not sure when this started, possibly with the last patch, but unexplored areas are no longer being shaded. I've searched the forum and I've checked my map and minimap transparency settings and everything looks normal as far as I can tell. Suggestions? I'd like to see if there are things I can try before resorting to re-installing (i.e. the Windows method).

Thanks.

03-02-10, 12:52 AM   #2
Azgrim
A Defias Bandit
I'm having the same problem, Route to unexplored is also not working. Its like carbonite is counting everything as explored.

03-02-10, 07:53 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Calyx View Post
I'm not sure when this started, possibly with the last patch, but unexplored areas are no longer being shaded. I've searched the forum and I've checked my map and minimap transparency settings and everything looks normal as far as I can tell. Suggestions? I'd like to see if there are things I can try before resorting to re-installing (i.e. the Windows method).

Thanks.
When you check your transparency settings, what is the setting for the bottom slider set at? I'm not in-game right now, but I do remember it's at the bottom of that menu.

If you have more than one character, does this happen on all of them? If it doesn't try importing another characters' settings from the "Reset" page.

03-02-10, 03:20 PM   #4
Trellik
A Kobold Labourer
I am having the same problem with my unexplored area and explored areas all showing the same. I have tried the transparency slider bar up and down the scale with the unexplored button both ticked and not ticked. I have also reset to the default settings, nothing seems to change the unexplored/explored area color. I know it was working before, I just am not sure when it stopped working.

04-24-10, 04:27 PM   #5
sanjikrhys
A Kobold Labourer
I'm also having this problem. I've reinstalled, done every iteration of transparency + Show Unexplored in the map options, gone back to defaults--the whole works. It still doesn't show. It worked on my unupdated version of Carbonite. Is there any way that I can get that back?

11-04-10, 11:25 PM   #6
Tanger
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite not showing unexplored areas

I am also having problems getting Carbonite to show the unexplored areas. Everything is checked correcly and transparency is good. Sometimes i relog and it works but other times after a relog it does not change. Then without reason it will suddenly work and then fail again.

11-05-10, 04:43 PM   #7
Calyx
A Defias Bandit

I found a while back that the Zygor Guide addon was the culprit for me. There's a "Reveal Map" setting in its configuration that can override Carbonite's setting.

11-14-10, 01:48 AM   #8
Sambeck
A Kobold Labourer
Cool Found It

right click the map
there is a choice that is titled show
uncheck the "Show unexplored areas" (who Knew)
that brings it back and transparency sets how dark

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Always showing unexplored areas