04-30-16, 01:01 AM   #1
feraldrood
A Theradrim Guardian

Item comparison cycling (on the tooltip)

So, I have a bit of a quandary here.

Normally when an item that can be equipped is hovered over, it displays the tooltip for said item. On clicking shift or some other key that has been set, the tooltip will compare that very same item to the currently equipped corresponding piece of gear.

For some reason, my tooltip is constantly comparing every single piece of gear to what I'm currently wearing WITHOUT pressing any keys. (all the time)

this is very frustrating as having a large portion of the screen covered with comparison tooltips I don't care about when I'm trying to clean up my bags, sell vendor greens etc.. is pretty disruptive

I've enabled/disabled all my addons, tried rebinding the key under misc. keybinds in the game menu, all to no avail!!

how can I fix this??
04-30-16, 01:30 AM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Type this into chat. Capitalization probably matters, and that is a zero, not a capital O.
Lua Code:
  1. /console SetCVar("alwaysCompareItems", "0")
04-30-16, 01:52 AM   #3
feraldrood
A Theradrim Guardian

thanks for the quick reply- unfortunately no change

*edit*
HA!!! I got it lol- i simply had to remove the "()" and quotation marks, thanks for that I know know about cvar and console settings. Teachable moments

ty myrroddin

Last edited by feraldrood : 04-30-16 at 02:15 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Item comparison cycling (on the tooltip)