12-21-13, 05:32 PM   #1
bonytony
A Fallenroot Satyr

Looking for an addon compilation similar to some out of date or unidentified ones

Sorry if this is the wrong section

I'm looking for a ui as an alternative to RealUI, love it but I wanna switch it up a bit.

There are 2 that I've seen that are great SnailUI and a screenshot of something similar but smaller Here

Not looking for a similar art style or anything, but rather a similar layout. Any help is appreciated!
12-21-13, 08:39 PM   #2
Panzervi
A Defias Bandit

I used nUI for years, until a recent falling out of sorts with the author and wow interface, Ive since moved on to elvUI and absolutely love it. elvUI

12-24-13, 10:37 AM   #3
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Panzervi View Post
I used nUI for years, until a recent falling out of sorts with the author and wow interface, Ive since moved on to elvUI and absolutely love it. elvUI

It's sad that you took the whole "debate" on IGE, er, I mean, WoWI, kicking nUI - especially since it's still available for everyone that wants it.

I do agree, with you, that ElvUI is another good UI compilation

Marth

12-22-13, 12:17 AM   #4
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by bonytony View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong section

I'm looking for a ui as an alternative to RealUI, love it but I wanna switch it up a bit.

There are 2 that I've seen that are great SnailUI and a screenshot of something similar but smaller Here

Not looking for a similar art style or anything, but rather a similar layout. Any help is appreciated!
Why not tell us how you play first?

- Do you click your skills, or use key binds (not talking about just 1,2,3, etc)
- Do you prefer your unit frames small, big, centred, on the edge of the screen?
- Also important, do you play on a smaller screen or big one (eg. depending on the machine, I use a different layout since my macbook only has a 15.4 monitor)
12-22-13, 03:27 AM   #5
bonytony
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
Why not tell us how you play first?

- Do you click your skills, or use key binds (not talking about just 1,2,3, etc)
- Do you prefer your unit frames small, big, centred, on the edge of the screen?
- Also important, do you play on a smaller screen or big one (eg. depending on the machine, I use a different layout since my macbook only has a 15.4 monitor)
1. Well I use binds for almost everything, 1-0, q-p, and all 12 of my naga keys
2. I like them simple, small, and centered most of the time with a few exceptions (realUI being one)
3. I play on a larger screen but unfortunately it only supports 1366x768

All in all I was looking for a layout very similar to SnailUI's layout. Having everything minimal and in the one place at the bottom looks really nice to me, but because its out of date and doesnt look as good as it could on my resolution it's not an option.

And as a note, elv and tukUI are ok but ive tried them quite a few times, was looking for something a bit more fresh.
12-22-13, 09:25 AM   #6
MoonWitch
A Firelord
If you have any programming experience, I highly recommend oUF.
12-22-13, 02:31 PM   #7
bonytony
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
If you have any programming experience, I highly recommend oUF.
I have extremely minimal experience in programming, is there a good guide you know of to get started?
12-22-13, 02:48 PM   #8
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by bonytony View Post
I have extremely minimal experience in programming, is there a good guide you know of to get started?
Well if you want to use your own layout it's best to look at the example layouts for oUF or even zork's oUF_Simple

Of course ouf has documentation in each file

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for an addon compilation similar to some out of date or unidentified ones