06-25-10, 11:31 PM   #1
jayznpeeps
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LFG Minimap Button

I use SpartanUI and I added the LFG button to be hidden unless the mouse is over the minimap.

The problem I am having is if you dont use the LFG tool to join a queue, and mouse over the minimap, theres a square where the button is, with no actual button, once you join the lfg queue, the button will appear as normal over mouse over. One you leave the queue/dungeon though, the button remains on mouse over.

Is there a way to have hit show/hide only when you are in LFG and not the other times?

Code:
local updateButtons = function()
	if (not MouseIsOver(Minimap)) and (suiChar.MapButtons) then
		GameTimeFrame:Hide();
		MiniMapTracking:Hide();
		MinimapZoomIn:Hide();
		MinimapZoomOut:Hide();
		MiniMapWorldMapButton:Hide();
		MacaroonMinimapButton:Hide();
		MiniMapLFGFrame:Hide();
	else
		MiniMapTracking:Hide();
		GameTimeFrame:Show();
		MacaroonMinimapButton:Show();
		MiniMapLFGFrame:Show();
	end
end
thats what the coding looks like right now.
06-26-10, 09:41 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

A screenshot might help. It sounds like the LFG button's border is still visible, but the button is hidden?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-26-10, 11:46 AM   #3
jayznpeeps
A Defias Bandit
Without using LFG tool it looks like this

the button is gone, but the frame is there.

After using LFG tool, the button shows.

After leaving LFG, the button still shows.

This is what The goal for it to look like is, all buttons hidden unless moused over.
10-01-10, 05:45 PM   #4
Zilver
A Fallenroot Satyr

I can say for sure that it should be possible, but changes have to be made to the code for hiding/showing the button ... the reason you are having this problem is that first time you use the LFG system the button is created after this the default UI is just showing / hiding the button ... so when you overwrite the show/hide state with your own code you need to make sure if the LFG system is active (if it's not active the button should not show on mouseover, and if the system is active the button should only show on mouseover) ..

Without taking a look at how the default code is working my guess is that you need to do some hooksecurefunc on the LFG button's show & hide and then modify it through that ...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » LFG Minimap Button