10-24-05, 09:50 AM   #1
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Download Searcher Bug

Here's a rather simple bug with a complicated fix likely. It's your search box. today I went looking for a mod to watch my local/world defense channels in a hidden chat box and display the highlights somewhere easy to read quickly but not right in front of the action (aka. not in the UIErrorFrame, aka. "the text in the middle of the screen"). I typed in "defense" and got two mods: Examine Target and ClassViewer. You tell me, what the heck do those two mods have to do with "defense" and why did I only get those two mods out of all the mods that probably have the word "defense" in their titles?

Obviously, someone needs to rethink how the search function works... or rather how it doesn't work.
10-26-05, 12:09 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We are working on it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2039
10-26-05, 02:41 PM   #3
Ghent
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gaal
Here's a rather simple bug with a complicated fix likely. It's your search box. today I went looking for a mod to watch my local/world defense channels in a hidden chat box and display the highlights somewhere easy to read quickly but not right in front of the action (aka. not in the UIErrorFrame, aka. "the text in the middle of the screen"). I typed in "defense" and got two mods: Examine Target and ClassViewer. You tell me, what the heck do those two mods have to do with "defense" and why did I only get those two mods out of all the mods that probably have the word "defense" in their titles?

Obviously, someone needs to rethink how the search function works... or rather how it doesn't work.
Obviously someone needs to learn a few manners as well...

[ StarshadowUI ~ Custom UI compiled by Ghent ]
http://ghent.wowinterface.com/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Download Searcher Bug