07-07-05, 01:36 PM   #21
greggerojr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm using Insomniax's Recompilation 1.6 Beta 2 with a few additions. I'm already using Tip Buddy and disabled the Custom Tooltip option. Sorry I didn't provide these details to begin with. This issue only happens with the bank "bags". Does Tip Buddy affect these text boxes as well? Thank you for the continued help and patience.
07-07-05, 01:40 PM   #22
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by greggerojr
I'm already using Tip Buddy and disabled the Custom Tooltip option.
I'm not sure what would be causing the problem. You might want to try posting this info (or I can merge the threads, if you would prefer) in the thread Chester has going for TipBuddy, here. It's not a problem for me to just merge this into that, but I didn't want to do it without warning you first, didn't want you wondering what had happened to your thread.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-07-05, 01:40 PM   #23
Remelio

Should do all of your tooltips... grab the latest version and overwrite the current tipbuddy folder you have and see if that fixes you up... if not I'll see if I can dig up some alternate solutions. Might also try re-enabling the "custom tooltip" option and see if that helps.
07-07-05, 04:08 PM   #24
greggerojr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any help is greatly appreciated.
07-13-05, 06:53 PM   #25
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure of the "Custom Tooltip Option" you guys are talking about. Is that in a mod included in the Insomniax Comp?

I did notice however that there is a tooltip mod included with Insomniax already: "Insomniax CustomTooltip v1.2 a modified version of Verona's original by LedMirage"

EDIT: Ok, I didn't put the two together and realize what I was interpreting as a "Custom Tooltip Option" was actually the name of the mod you were referring to.

My first guess is that this mod is conflicting or taking away some of the functionality that TipBuddy provides. First try disabling this mod (if you haven't already) and see if that changes anything. I would also go into the TipBuddy options and set the Anchor Non-Unit Tips dropdown to "Smart" which should always make sure your button tips stay within your screenspace.

Let me know if any of this helps!

Last edited by chester : 07-13-05 at 08:44 PM.
07-13-05, 10:44 PM   #26
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

I installed the new TipBuddy (1.77) and it loaded up fine (was ingame at the time, so it was a UI reload). I changed some of the colors and options and such, applied it, then logged out for a little bit. When I relogged into the game, I got the following error:

[string "Interface\AddOns\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua"]:1456:Attempt to concatenate field 'gtt_name' (a nil value)

According to the line numbers in my text editor, that line of code is:

TipBuddy.unitname = (TipBuddy.gtt_namecolor..TipBuddy.gtt_name);

Not sure what the problem is (or if was just some weird anomaly), but I thought I'd mention it.
09-15-05, 05:48 AM   #27
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
New version is up!

9/15/05 - v1.79
-fixed 2112 error in new patch (by Frosty)

Thanks so much to Frosty for taking it upon himself to fix this error that showed up with the new patch. I am currently without a great connection, so I don't even have a new patch yet to work these problems out. Next version (as soon as I get my connection stuff sorted out) will have some great new features so keep checking back! Thanks again to Frosty!
09-15-05, 07:17 AM   #28
Reikas.Antaean
A Kobold Labourer
Anyone else getting the unauthorized to view message?
09-15-05, 07:32 AM   #29
ronlancaster23
A Defias Bandit
I'm getting the unauthorized to view error as well
09-15-05, 08:26 AM   #30
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by chester
9/15/05 - v1.79
-fixed 2112 error in new patch (by Frosty)

Thanks so much to Frosty for taking it upon himself to fix this error that showed up with the new patch. I am currently without a great connection, so I don't even have a new patch yet to work these problems out. Next version (as soon as I get my connection stuff sorted out) will have some great new features so keep checking back! Thanks again to Frosty!
Does this fix also fix everything else wrong? I was able to work around the 2112 error by commenting out the find. call, but in conjunction with that, none of the added features to TipBuddy worked (didn't show the advanced tool tip info; only the generic tooltip and it floated with the mouse).

Just wanted to clerify it before I start telling everybody that TipBuddy is fixed.
09-15-05, 03:58 PM   #31
Remelio

As far as I can tell tipbuddy is doing everything its supposed to be doing... mmm colored backgrounds.

Yay!
09-27-05, 11:21 AM   #32
mimregi
A Murloc Raider
Flag Status Coloring?

I have been struggling looking for a good tooltip mod for ages (I am very anal about my tooltips), and TB is by far the best I have seen. Well done, and thanks!

There is one thing I can't figure out how to do -- I don't seem to be able to color tips for opposing faction players sensitive to their current PvP state. Flagged and unflagged are the same color. They have the marker or text, and the names color differently (which is a nice touch), but I find I would very much like the obviousness of changing the background color to red for PvP live enemies and yellow for enemies that are not currently flagged.

Is there a way to do this I havent figured out yet?
10-27-05, 02:34 AM   #33
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Updated

10/27/05 - v1.83
-quick fix for MobInfo2 health not updating properly
-updated toc
-TipBuddy 2.0 coming soon
11-16-05, 03:05 AM   #34
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
I would like to thank you making this "a must" addon. Withouth it I would loose important seconds checking out the lame vanilla tooltip (and even other addon's tooltip looks crap compared to ours). I didn't really change anything on the default setup, it's soo cool. I just put the tt on mouse and thats it.

Feature request: Could you please give us (ME! ) an option as anchor unit tips just in the other way around? I like to see unitinfo under mouse, but anything else could go onto the anchor. May I have this really smart request please? Hope you like it and implement quickly (as your time allows it of course, no rush, really... Maybe for tonight? Joking, dont hit me! )

Thank you!!!
01-10-06, 12:32 AM   #35
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Gooberosity :
now that the tooltip (with MobInfo) can be much larger than before, is there a way to have the ToolTip Anchor attach to the TOP of the tooltip, so that it will expand DOWN from the anchor?
Right Click on the TipBuddyAnchor and it will bring up a dropdown menu that will let you select how you would like it to anchor.

kknostman :
The "anchor" when hidden should be hidden 100%.
Just Left click the little close button (Looks like an X) that is on the right of the TipBuddyAnchor. That will hide it until you are ready to show it again.
01-10-06, 11:52 PM   #36
willgk
An Aku'mai Servant
Don't know if this has been reported yet, but with the latest version (dunno if mobinfo2 has anything to do with it) but when you hover over a corpse, the tooltip is green (Background) no matter what you do to change it. Also can we PLEASE get a reset tooltip anchor button that resets the tipbuddy anchor to the center of the screen. So often when changing resolutions, loading different settings my anchor gets lost in the nether.
01-11-06, 10:08 AM   #37
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Okay, we're having issues now. Last release, apparently people had problems that I didn't experience in the slightest. Now, however, when setting compact mode I can't seem to get my custom colors to appear (mainly the background of the simple mode tooltip). It insists on coloring it green in custom mode, even if I set it to a blue tint. If I put it on difficulty mode, it gets brighter green. and finally, if I use reaction I get a VERY bright green. The other tooltips appear to work okay if you don't count the lack of opacity control (they're all solid).

Also, when you mentioned having a border in simple mode, I guess I was rathered disappointed by what it turned out to be. I thought we were going to get border color choices and an option to have the border or not when using Simple mode. As it is, the border is always black and shows on about half of the tooltips total.

None of these cause errors though, which is the only thing keeping me from reverting.

Also, unrelated to problems....
I've developed my own way of viewing "level out of range" numbers and Elite, etc. tags. Instead of the "??" and the "+", "++", etc. I modified it to take my level (local varhilevel), add 10 and output the result as (varhilevel.."+") so it's easy to say "the annoying undercooked-burger that just killed me is 48+ (since I'm 38 now, that works perfectly cause anywhere above that and it would should "??"). Then instead of plus signs, I have it output the complete word "Elite", "RareElite", "WorldBoss", etc etc.

This is where the issue resides for me when installing your updates, that I have to open up the main lua file and make sure you haven't reworked how these things are found, then make my adjustment again. I'm trying to find a way for me to either replace your texts in a separate addon (a local custom addon that just tweaks things for myself) or should I be asking you for a solution? I haven't looked at the custom variables mode for tipbuddy yet. Would it be possible to make these changes persist between addon updates by doing it there (thus using savedvariables instead of lua modifications) or would it be easier for me to just continue doing what I'm doing?

hmm...wonder if I could write a batch file or something to search out the place in the lua file and add my adjustments...--brainstorms--.

Last edited by Gaal : 01-11-06 at 10:23 AM.
01-13-06, 08:51 AM   #38
willgk
An Aku'mai Servant
Chester, You are the man! Thanks for that resetting position feature add
01-13-06, 09:20 AM   #39
Gooberosity
A Murloc Raider
Modifying Tip behavior at anchor

Right Click on the TipBuddyAnchor and it will bring up a dropdown menu that will let you select how you would like it to anchor.
omg that is awesome. I didn't think of checking that.

Thanks!
01-13-06, 01:15 PM   #40
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by willgk
Chester, You are the man! Thanks for that resetting position feature add
hehe, it's been there for months and months. Before the button, you had to type /tip resetanchor (which was exaplined in the readme.txt). No one ever reads the readme.txt though, which is why I made it a button.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » TipBuddy - Advanced configurable tooltips