08-30-12, 12:11 AM   #221
Balthizar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Balthizar, no. Just, no. I'm sorry, but you are just incorrect in your interpretations. AddOns are the intellectual property of their creators and they are automatically copyright protected to the author at the moment of their creation. The author may use any license they like, Blizzard has no say in the matter.
Cairenn, I appreciate your input on this matter but fail to understand from what legal ground these authors maintain these intellectual rights. I will research further into United States copyright and contract law to see if I can confirm your statements, because I personally don't care if I am right. I am odd that way I guess. I would much rather collect and provide accurate information than maintain an incorrect opinion.

Anyone reading this: if you happen to be a lawyer or judge or copyright professional I would really like your expertise in this!

08-30-12, 12:13 AM   #222
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by midnightwolf76 View Post
Rythal,

Did you take down your link, because when I try to download it I get an error, when I try to "Save Link As" I get an empty archive?
I'll answer your question with what I was about to post next anyways... :P

NEW VERSION IS NOW UP!

5.04.03 has been placed on the server, and contains:
- the fixes for LFR/LFD/BG Queues
- a new option in Quests for showing how many dailies you have done (someone requested this be put
back as it was something they used even with unlimited dailies now, so I made it an option instead of
just removing it)
- Hopefully Quest Complete sounds / message, and group chat quest updates are now working reguardless
of which POI system you use. At least it worked in my testing tonight >< Let me know!

08-30-12, 12:13 AM   #223
Danielito
A Murloc Raider
Pls update it with the italian translation!

I'm using italian game and Carbonite won't work

Please help me!
Thx

08-30-12, 12:16 AM   #224
Skellionz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for all the work, can't live without this mod. Shame that the devs are missing a lot of potential "donations" (since they cant charge like they used too, i bought it myself once) :P many people love this addon

08-30-12, 12:16 AM   #225
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Danielito View Post

Please help me!
Thx
If you set your language to english in the client it will work, I know it's not a very good option, but until I have time to figure out the localization and translate the zones it's the only option for it

08-30-12, 12:17 AM   #226
Skellionz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Please help me!
Thx
unless he gets help with foreign languages i see this isnt a priority atm, maybe people can help..he is only 1 guy and i doubt he speaks 8 languages!

08-30-12, 12:27 AM   #227
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
I know, I was just reminding you to be careful. Would hate to see you get in trouble.
I agree, but I do have many issues here.
Starting with LUA being open source and available to all, This is where I believe that the WoW and Blizzard folks were going, but lets put that aside.

The creators of this original addon believed that their intellectual usage would one day garner.....something.
The license was extended into 2012.

on the other hand; we have no response from the programmer(s) in question.
There is no guaranty of future updates, and there is no mention of preserving this program in the future or for all time.

Although the agreement is very generic (Copied in fact), it was done so inappropriately and not enforceable......but!

I believe that every available precaution is being taken here.
Rythal has received no notice to discontinue and is posted and made other attempts to contact programmers here, in fact I am surprised that the original programmers have not asked to take him on to the program team.

To be safe: the best solution is to start from scratch.
On the other hand, anything made in LUA is open source as is not bound by any agreement anyways, so these portions can be modified and used as you see fit.
More info on LUA licensing here ( http://www.lua.org/license.html )
At least starting over, you can correct bugs and create a clean code as you go, but yes a demanding and time consuming under taking, I know: I have walked this road before.

I am a bit disturbed, Cairenn, that as an admin, you do not have a form of direct communication to the programers of this addon. This needs to be addressed and immediately so.
I Admin a number of forums, and have a way to directly contact all programmers (Period), please pass this onto the folks that are in charge.
This will help prevent this situation in the future.

As the updates are done, I will continue to use them at this time, I also suggest that work continue on the addon by Rythal until such time that a programmer or proper software representative comes forward and says otherwise, or rather; invites Rythal to complete his work and invites him/her to the programming team.

I have done this Licensing dance too many times in my life, there is never a clear answer, but to keep on keeping on.

Many thanks to you Rythal for your work

Last edited by sgtevmckay : 08-30-12 at 12:39 AM.

08-30-12, 01:50 AM   #228
Meeshael
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite 5.04.03

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post

NEW VERSION IS NOW UP!

- a new option in Quests for showing how many dailies you have done (someone requested this be put
back as it was something they used even with unlimited dailies now, so I made it an option instead of
just removing it)
- Hopefully Quest Complete sounds / message, and group chat quest updates are now working reguardless
of which POI system you use. At least it worked in my testing tonight >< Let me know!
How would I go about getting the newest version? You said that 5.04.03 has been placed on the server but how do I get it?

08-30-12, 01:51 AM   #229
damager55
A Defias Bandit
i will quit wow if Carbonite ant fixed am done i will close my account

08-30-12, 02:27 AM   #230
SchatjeCindy
A Murloc Raider
any1 knows where to find the 5.04.03 update? link pls! thnx
many thnx go out to Rythal for his great job

08-30-12, 03:06 AM   #231
jovenyoung
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The link is back a few pages in the thread but I'll post it again...

http://virtxchange.com/carbonite/

The zip file contains the Carbonite Lua and Toc files. You have to have the full Carbonite addon in your addons folder then just replace those 2 files in the Carbonite folder with the new ones.

08-30-12, 03:18 AM   #232
Bhootam
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Teammate Icons and Health Status missing?

Dear all,

One unique aspect of Carbonite was the fact that it allowed me to not only see where my team/party/raid mates were but if they were being attacked, if they were targeting anything hostile and even how much health they had left. This was invaluable for me because I would find out before people called it out what was going on in any corner of the battleground map.

With Rythal's addon modifications Carbonite seems to be working again -- but I just can't find that functionality in the minimap anymore. I don't see any of the circular, blue teammate icons, let alone any health information on them.

Can anybody help?

Rythal, just wanted to let you know that I'm really grateful for the work you've done on this. Thank you so much.

08-30-12, 03:28 AM   #233
SchatjeCindy
A Murloc Raider
@jovenyoung this happens when downloading the file:

The following error occurred:

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Please check the URL or contact the webmaster.

08-30-12, 03:40 AM   #234
Bhootam
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SchatjeCindy View Post
@jovenyoung this happens when downloading the file:

The following error occurred:

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Please check the URL or contact the webmaster.
Well, I've put the file up which I downloaded at

http://wikisend.com/download/372122/...-mop-50403.zip

The MD5sum hash for the file is 74624d105037f0fb775372773e005213 . Perhaps someone else who has downloaded the file from Rythal's original link can verify this *shrug*

Rythal, I respect your wishes in this matter. If you want me to take the file down, do let me know.

08-30-12, 04:27 AM   #235
Aximili
A Murloc Raider
I've updated the localization file. It should be attached to this post.

Well at least i've updated the german, french and spanish localizations since i can't seem to launch the game in russian. The new zones have been added to the russian localization but someone who can launche the game in russian will have to fill in the missing strings.

As for an italian localization you'd have to do it from scratch since the italian translation of wow is a new one and there is currently no localization for it.

Feel free to run a virus check on the zip file but it only contain the localization.lua file since it's to big to be attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Localization.zip (44.8 KB, 504 views)

08-30-12, 04:56 AM   #236
Wbe13
A Kobold Labourer
If instructions are given I can offer myself to translate the new version into spanish.

Thanks for the work Rythal, you're awesome.

08-30-12, 05:57 AM   #237
BillieJackFu
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post

NEW VERSION IS NOW UP!

just removing it)

Yeah, I figured that out when I noticed the changelog on the site. You must have been uploading when I was trying to download. Thanks for putting in the work. I'm too lazy to try and fix addons.

08-30-12, 05:58 AM   #238
Danielito
A Murloc Raider
I can help the localization in italian if someone tell me how to do it

08-30-12, 06:18 AM   #239
Danielito
A Murloc Raider
I get these errors:

CARBONITE Unknown map name: [name of regions]
CARBONITE Err MapGenAreas: [a lot of names]

08-30-12, 06:18 AM   #240
profloophole
A Defias Bandit

I can help the localization in italian if someone tell me how to do it
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41670

don't know if that method will still work with the changes and all, but it's the best help I can give anyway...

P.S. the lines to be replaced may list different file names as per installed language localization OF THE ADDON

P.P.S. NVM the above line, i misinterpreted the instructions. I'd strikethrough my above text, but can't figure out how to do that here.

Last edited by profloophole : 08-30-12 at 06:26 AM. Reason: more information/correction

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?