10-15-05, 08:16 AM   #61
bburt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Red face sorry

Sorry about that... I dunno why I thought that. Thanks for the quick reply!

After I posted before, I did double-check KCET's page to see if I'd screwed up and I didn't see the dependancy noted anywhere. I'm not complaining... because you gave me the answer I needed, and I appreciate that. I'm just mentioning it because it might be good for newer addon users to see the dependancy note in a spot where they can't miss it.

Thanks again and... sorry in advance if I am just not seeing the dependancy note.
10-15-05, 08:20 AM   #62
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe its probably not in the description. WowI doesn't have a place for authors to list dependencies like the other sites do, so I just forgot it.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
10-15-05, 09:20 AM   #63
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
How about this bug. EnhancedTrades STILL has version 1700 in it's TOC file!

It doesn't stop me, as I usually fix them myself if they aren't broken (after much testing) but still...
10-15-05, 05:21 PM   #64
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Kael, KC_ET is causing an error in the Beast Training window (I also run BeastMaster to sort my pet skills; not sure if that's relevant -- but it might be, because the error is thrown after the first grouping displays).

It's causing the first set of skills to display, then a bunch of blank space (which, if you scroll down, will suddenly jump to the next set). It's weird, that's all I got to say.

It has to do with the Unhook command, for some reason. I wish I could tell you more, but BugSack is being a PITA.

I think it's here:

function KC_EnhancedTradesClass:CraftShow()
self.dataCache:reset();
if (GetCraftName() == KC_ENHANCEDTRADES_TEXT_BEASTTRAIN) then
self:Unhook("CraftFrame_SetSelection");
self:Unhook("CraftFrame_Update");
KC_EnhancedTrades_CFButton:Hide()
CraftFrame_Update();
end
end

I ran myDebug to check the value of GetCraftName, and that's alright. Specifically, the error seems to refer to this: self:Unhook("CraftFrame_Update");

Disabling KC_ET allows things to return to normal.
10-17-05, 11:24 AM   #65
duckpuppy
A Defias Bandit
I had been using KCET up to patch 1.8, and disabled it when 1.8 came out until it was fixed... I just updated KCET to 1.1a (deleted the KCET and KC_Items folders before updating) and now the tradeskill windows show [0] for EVERY item and the bank counts aren't showing on any of the reagents. If I turn off smart display of counts, then every item shows [0/0/0/0] (I have the 'a' option off). I also run ReagentInfo and myBank if that makes a difference... any suggestions?
10-17-05, 11:31 AM   #66
duckpuppy
A Defias Bandit
OK, I just got it to work... it didn't pick up any info until I took something out of my bank and put it back in... all the bank counts and everything appeared once I did that. I had thought it only took a visit to the bank and opening the bank screen once to sync KCET. Sorry if this is in a readme somewhere, I'm kinda slow today.
10-17-05, 05:46 PM   #67
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
thats probably a 1.8 issue I forgot to fix.

10-25-05, 02:44 AM   #68
Leviathan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Smile KCET & Pet Training

Hi Kaelten,

You seem to be ignoring the bug report sub-forum so I think I'll just repost the issue in here.

An error shows whenever I open the pet training frame mentioning somehting like no hook for craftFrame_update or something like that.

Thank you for the great add-ons.
11-08-05, 12:22 AM   #69
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Leviathan
Hi Kaelten,

You seem to be ignoring the bug report sub-forum so I think I'll just repost the issue in here.

An error shows whenever I open the pet training frame mentioning somehting like no hook for craftFrame_update or something like that.

Thank you for the great add-ons.
I mentioned this in post 64; haven't heard anything on it. I've been trying to think of a way to fix it, without any success. I'm glad you posted that you have the same issue though -- I had been wondering if it was an incompatibility with something else.

Any ideas, Kael? I don't want to release the new Emerald without KCET, but I may have to if Hunters can't train their pets with it installed.
11-08-05, 08:20 AM   #70
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I'll dig into it, I really need to find more time to work on everything, on the side note, users are able to disable it on the fly by typing /kcet standby

I think I know what is causing this its one of the 1.8 bugs that I missed fixing.

11-08-05, 03:32 PM   #71
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Kaelten
I'll dig into it, I really need to find more time to work on everything, on the side note, users are able to disable it on the fly by typing /kcet standby

I think I know what is causing this its one of the 1.8 bugs that I missed fixing.
Good to hear, and welcome back. I hear you had a great time at the 'con.

I was able to come to the same conclusion, hehe. I added a line to the code to let users know about it, so I released it in Emerald 8.5; they shouldn't freak out, with the notification.

When they open their Beast Training window, it does this:
DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("NOTE: To disable KCET so you can train your pet, first type /kcet standby", 1.0, 0, 0); -- EMERALD

I've tested it, and it is possible to throw the error, close the Beast window, go to standby, and then re-open the window without interference or having to relog. It'll work for now. My attempts to auto-standby didn't work out so well, sigh.
11-09-05, 07:44 PM   #72
Spryte
A Murloc Raider
Options not Available

Goodday,
Once again A Great Program!
Lastnight I installed latest versions of ACE ...Kcitems and KcEnhanced trades..
first time ever on this PC.
No errors and all seems to work fine Except When I click the + next to exit to open menu/options it does nothing...
is there a / comand to get into settings/options?
11-10-05, 12:18 AM   #73
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Spryte
Goodday,
Once again A Great Program!
Lastnight I installed latest versions of ACE ...Kcitems and KcEnhanced trades..
first time ever on this PC.
No errors and all seems to work fine Except When I click the + next to exit to open menu/options it does nothing...
is there a / comand to get into settings/options?
BibWindowMods can prevent the + button from working, because it takes over the bar to make it movable. MobileFrames does not interfere, just FYI.

Both mods have slash commands, though. KC Items is /kci and KC_ET is /kcet
11-11-05, 04:38 PM   #74
Spryte
A Murloc Raider
Dsanai,
Thank You for taking the time to reply,
I'am in your debt....You hit the nail right on the head! i use bibmod,I love the buttons.

Thanks For Helping me

Spryte
11-13-05, 08:29 PM   #75
Leviathan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by DSanai
I mentioned this in post 64; haven't heard anything on it. I've been trying to think of a way to fix it, without any success. I'm glad you posted that you have the same issue though -- I had been wondering if it was an incompatibility with something else.

Any ideas, Kael? I don't want to release the new Emerald without KCET, but I may have to if Hunters can't train their pets with it installed.
Well... I didn't know that you are unable to train pets because of that problem. I don't have problem training my pets, it's just there's that annoying error message everytime I open the pet training frame. The pet training itself is not affected.

Anyway... welcome back, Kael! Waiting for the next release of KCI and KCET with bug fixes and new great features
11-19-05, 07:44 AM   #76
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hard Lag

I can't even open Tailoring (I'm at 300) on one of my toons now. Basically the PC freezes. Ever since the latest patch this has been happening. My other toons that only have a few items in their crafting list it isn't so bad, but it still lags when you open it the first time. I disabled KCET and everything works just fine.
02-06-06, 07:39 PM   #77
SiKnight
A Murloc Raider
Any chance of a fix for KCET needing the full blow KCItems?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_EnhancedTrades v0.98 through current