01-20-06, 08:40 AM   #1
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Looking for parachute!

I am a priest who wants to be able to use his levitate when he falls from a cliff (particularly in AB). Would it be possible to automatically trigger this spell after falling for 1 second, since I don't have quick enough reflexes to switch to my 2nd quickbar and cast the spelll all in 1 second.

I don't think there's any event trigger for falling except perhaps a particular animation... Anyway, I'm no expert in this field so I'll let you brainboxes figure the "how" out for yourselves.

[edit]Many thanks in advance for your time and effort

Lots of love,

Svarty Aszune EU
01-20-06, 09:12 AM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's no way to trigger casting without a keypress or mouseclick. So it can't be made truly automatic. (It can be made kinda automatic by piggybacking the check onto movement keys)

On detecting if you're falling, one route to explore would be checking HasFullControl() and ensuring you're not feared or charmed which leaves a buff. I'm not sure what other conditions cause that, or even if falling definitely does.
01-20-06, 09:27 AM   #3
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
You could use Dicord action bars and have it set to keybind a page swap and activate a specific ability like levitate. Ort just have a floater and keybind it for that ability. Pretty easy actually.
01-20-06, 12:06 PM   #4
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Even if the mod doesn't already supprot it, you could probably modify it yourself to work. the addon I'm referring to is AutoBuff [Emerald]. you'd have to be pressing a trigger key, but that can be set to something as simple as your movement keys. however, casting only when falling could be a bit of an issue. my suggestion would be to map that spell to a specific keystroke instead of trying to switch pages and such.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for parachute!