02-03-07, 12:29 PM   #1
pumkin54
A Defias Bandit

Angry SCT Aggro Notification

I just updated my version of SCT and SCTD to the latest version. In my previous version, I got notification every time I had aggro from anything. *AGGRO* would appear as a message in the middle of my screen. Incredibly useful for PVP.

This latest version no longer does that. Was it removed? I can't find anything in the options to make it do that. How do I turn it back on? Do I have to revert to my previous version?? ><

Thanks.

(I posted this on the SCT download page first, but then I noticed that a lot of the posts on there don't have responses or take a while to receive one.)
02-03-07, 02:51 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

I don't remember this being a default option of SCT in any of the versions I've used (since March? of last year). It could have been set up as a custom event though, I would imagine.

Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the "Combat" setting (which displays messages when you enter and exit combat, "+Combat" and "-Combat" respectively)? Because, since you refer to its utility in PvP and, at least to my mind, "Aggro" inherently refers to mobs rather than to PvP.

just puttin' my 2 copper out there...
02-03-07, 06:09 PM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My room-mate has that without SCT.. I think it maybe X-Perl or some other addon thats giving you that message.
02-03-07, 06:13 PM   #4
Colton
A Fallenroot Satyr

Yeah, I've been using SCT since it was released and I've never seen any *AGGRO* scrolling by other than the aforementioned "+Combat" and "-Combat".
02-03-07, 09:26 PM   #5
Pylades
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

That's a function of x-perl unitframes, not sct.
02-03-07, 09:35 PM   #6
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oddly enough, i used to get the ~aggro gained~ and i thought it was from SCT or SCT-d. i just when and reupdated a bunch of mods, (including SCT SCT-d and a couple of others) and now....
my computer talks.
it actually says "AGGRO"
how odd is that.

but i did do something i advise people against, and updated more than 15 at the same time. i think it'll be a while before i track this down....

but the first time i noticed the ~aggro~ text was when i installed SCT and SCT - damage.

hope you find it.

Doc

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SCT Aggro Notification