10-14-10, 05:19 AM   #41
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I'm slugging through the errors, but Blizz broke a lot of code. Everything seems fixable so far. It could take a few days.
Just glad you're workin on it.

If nothing else, at least make the map and waypoints feature available. It kills me not having that.

10-14-10, 06:20 AM   #42
Miret
A Defias Bandit
One thing for certain I doubt you'll ever lack for volunteers for beta-testing (or alpha, possibly coffee-gofers)

10-14-10, 06:28 AM   #43
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Good news! A ton of code has been patched. The UI, options, map, watch list, quest log and warehouse all seem to be working well.

Blizz is restarting the servers, so I'm off to bed, but I should have a 4.0 beta out tomorrow night (Oct 14) after I wake up and get 4-8 more hours of fixes and testing in.

10-14-10, 06:32 AM   #44
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ulkterna View Post
I hope you plan to add 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 fix's
That is what I am doing now. The response I gave the person who emailed was for Cataclysm, before I knew 4.0.1 was out.

10-14-10, 06:37 AM   #45
lars_ulrich62
A Fallenroot Satyr
50 bucks

just sent in 50 bucks. i like ur program that much. dont know how you do it. not a clue what it takes to do what you do but tks for one missed program. id love to see you guys at work on it..

so come on guys and gals you know you love the program or you would not be reading this. give a lil if you can...

L

10-14-10, 06:39 AM   #46
lars_ulrich62
A Fallenroot Satyr
tester

oh.... and if you need another tester.. well. hey i will lol

LO

10-14-10, 07:01 AM   #47
Bobrath
A Kobold Labourer
Well it will be very interesting to see if the devs do get an increase in donations after all the posts, trolls and flames over the last 2 days. I am an original paying customer, but I admit I think my sub has now run out so will be making a donation too.

We don't need numbers, but I would like to know if donations have gone up because of this.

10-14-10, 07:06 AM   #48
toshira
A Kobold Labourer
yay

I miss the maps too skyesfury!! Can't wait =) I'm not sure which I'm more excited for hehe

10-14-10, 07:16 AM   #49
Turelië
A Kobold Labourer
oh thanks! that's what i want to hear!

10-14-10, 07:17 AM   #50
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That is what I am doing now. The response I gave the person who emailed was for Cataclysm, before I knew 4.0.1 was out.
Carbonite, I know you probably have a team, but would a Software tech with Some reverse Engineering coding be helpful to your team, I'm pretty good with testing and so fourth, and been a software tech about 6+Years, I have a long history in "Second life" (Linden lab virtual world) For Coding in LSL and MONO (Linden scripting lang) for making scripts/plugins and addons Less laggy and So fourth, and with in 24hours I had fixed Ark inventory, Xperl, and Heal bot for my entire Home (Apartment) of roomies, (This was before ark released a update not to long ago) Lol....I did manual fixing of a ton of addons x.x

I feel ashamed that I can not donate due to being on SSI, Is there anyway we could hook up in email or IM or something and Perhaps I can help you,

I know when programming any help you can get from someone with some form of variety of specialty can make a great deal of differences,

So please let me know *bows and lets you rest for the night*

10-14-10, 07:41 AM   #51
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I literally laugh out loud every time I read a post regarding Carbonite's "team".

Let's set the record straight, Carbonite does NOT have a "team". Carbonite is developed by two very smart and talented people, Haavok and Faatal. Carbonite is not their main line of work, although at one point in the past it may have been. They have real lives and real responsibilities that have nothing to do with WoW. That's why people who demand some response during these times are not likely to get them. Carb doesn't have a bunch of "Blues" waiting in the wings to respond with reassuring platitudes like the WoW O-Forums.

If the CarboTroll crowd have any intestinal fortitude at all, they should be groveling at the feet of these two gentlemen right now, or at the very least offering profuse apologies for some of the things that have been said.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-14-10, 07:51 AM   #52
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Good news! A ton of code has been patched. The UI, options, map, watch list, quest log and warehouse all seem to be working well.

Blizz is restarting the servers, so I'm off to bed, but I should have a 4.0 beta out tomorrow night (Oct 14) after I wake up and get 4-8 more hours of fixes and testing in.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO OTHER MAP ADDON COMES CLOSE TO YOUR BRILLIANCE!!!!

sorry for caps but playing wow without carbonite after so long is game breaking for me as I lead raids and tours of azeroth for new players!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much and I will donate something once my pay check clears!!!!!!

10-14-10, 08:02 AM   #53
Snuggle_Queen
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
If the CarboTroll crowd have any intestinal fortitude at all, they should be groveling at the feet of these two gentlemen right now, or at the very least offering profuse apologies for some of the things that have been said.
I agree with you. Never one to do much more then lurk but am curious where I can make a donation to Carbonite, now that we know there will be an update. I use Zygorg for my questing but Carbonite map cannot be beat. It's like swinging a two handed weapon with one good arm.

Appreciate how the dev. got right on it when he became aware of the problem.

Thumbs up!
SQ

10-14-10, 08:05 AM   #54
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Snuggle_Queen View Post
I agree with you. Never one to do much more then lurk but am curious where I can make a donation to Carbonite, now that we know there will be an update. I use Zygorg for my questing but Carbonite map cannot be beat. It's like swinging a two handed weapon with one good arm.

Appreciate how the dev. got right on it when he became aware of the problem.

Thumbs up!
SQ
Just go to the download page, click on the download link and then click on the popup to donate!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-14-10, 08:09 AM   #55
Snuggle_Queen
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Just go to the download page, click on the download link and then click on the popup to donate!

Thanks, 'Daddy'

I was all the way over on Curse trying to find my way around.

I'm on it.

10-14-10, 08:24 AM   #56
blc1973
A Defias Bandit

To the developers of the Carbonite add on,
When I first started on my journey in WoW little over three years ago, the add on community did not resonate well with me. I felt the eventual risk of computer hacks far outweighed the usefulness of any secondary utility program and therefore felt justified in my stubborn refusal to submit to the add on craze… After countless hours roaming the world of Azeroth with my head up my bottom; I abandon the subtle art of always getting lost and came in desperation to you. Never again did I feel the sting of rejection when looking for my trainers. Alas I was in heaven when looking to complete a long and arduous quest line in obscure lands, for not once did you ever lead me astray. Years later Carbonite has become the Yen to my Yang, the Pimp to my Ho, Dare I say the Cleveland to my steamer! And a couple of days ago, I thought I may have lost you forever… I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep, Dear Sir’s I could not GAME! I was so confused and frightened. My whole world was in disarray. I forgot where my children went to school! I could not locate my bathroom and therefore soiled myself on several occasions. I couldn’t even find my cookbook to feed my family… Oh the pain! Ohh the suffering! I thought all was lost, but then…. A light! I read your post oh ye Carbonite savior! And he said, “Blessed are the children of the Carbonite nation, for I give unto you an update for thine new patchith’th’th!”Oh be praised! So I sit here in utter filth until I see the light of the update! The promise has been made, and the promise shall be kept! Bless you Carbonite! You have given me back my missing Yang! My Ho now has a Pimp once again and my Steamer… Oh my Steamer thanks you; for once again it shall have its dear Cleveland! Thank you Carbonite! Thank you!!!!
Love, Me!
Disclaimer; All religious innuendo and poorly hidden dirty jokes are not the opinion of this poster or her affiliates. We apologize for any true life similarities to any actual users of Carbonite. Ie. When I said “My ho” I did not mean “your ho” or “You are a Ho” therefore it has and always will be “My ho” unless of course you really ARE a ho, in which case apologize for taking ownership of said ho…..

10-14-10, 08:27 AM   #57
Riffola
A Murloc Raider

Talking Oh, thank heaven!

A new patch is coming, A new patch is coming! Talents will be reset, classes will be nerfed, you won't be able to buy gems with honor points, there will be new professions, you'll lose all your shards/badges, the servers will be down for "an extended amount of time" or will be off-line for 3 or 4 days, you'll lose all your saved addon data, none of your addons will work, you'll have to reset your entire interface, you'll need to uninstall and download/reinstall the entire game, your computer will explode and your wife will leave you so you'll have plenty of "alone" time to read all the QQ on the WoW forums... Welcome to Cataclysm!

/sigh

With all the rumors mixed in with all the reality, I just had to post something - somewhere - to express some joy about seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, I log in after the servers are finally back up and the patch was successfully installed (fhew). Naturally, there are the endless windows of error messages and warnings about out-of-date addons and .lua file errors and exceptions. So, we all start the crappy process of updating all the dozens of addons we have come to rely on so much, including Carbonite.

Yes, I am one of the masses that starting using Carbonite when it cost $15/year, but I quickly learned the true value of that fee. My brother and I are die-hard WoW players and I think we both used every phrase of displeasure (!!) known to man, plus a few new ones, when the ultimate of ultimate addons wasn't working.

Searching the forums here, we found nothing but bad news from people jumping to conclusions - "Carbonite is dead! Oh noes!" or "the Developers bailed on us... what do we do now?". Yeah, it was looking dismal. Even with the continuous disconnects from the game and only a handful of addons working correctly, it was looking like it was about time to see what this Starcraft or Everquest thing was all about.

Then... Bam! "We weren't expecting the patch, but we're getting through it and an update will hopefully be available later on the 14th" (or something to that effect). You have NO idea what a relief that is to hear!!!! I can live without my automatic goblin therapist, gearscore, massmailer, NPCscan, and even Omen if I have to. But to play without Carbonite? No way!

But now I can sleep. I can go back to my 28 toons and deal with the re-spec/talent/profession changes and deal with the insanity of repeated disconnects with a smile on my face, knowing Carbonite is on it's way again.

Thanks, Fataal - and to everyone else that lends a hand or a buck-or-two, to get our sacred and holy addon back together again.

Humpty Dumpty and all the King's men would be proud! Woot!

10-14-10, 08:35 AM   #58
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thanks for the donations! They definitely encourage us to work on it.

We now have the patch applied and WoW seems to be running OK, so I'm looking into the errors now. I'll be up late.
Good Luck, and have fun.... though I am not a supporter (currently on medical leave, and trying to figure out, how to pay bills on 25% of income is hard, so I can understand then need for your donations..)

I appreciate the time and effort You guys have put into Carbonite, and is there anything else we can do, to help you up with finding errors/testing ?

Last edited by Blanckaert : 10-14-10 at 08:44 AM.

10-14-10, 08:45 AM   #59
Khurz
A Kobold Labourer

Thumbs up

You won me over, since I've been a lurker here before but never posted, let alone sent out my hard-earned cash. But finding I had no Carb last night was like being a fish out of water, and if it makes that big of difference to me, then it must be worth something, so I sent you something! Thanks for all your hard work and for making our WoW lives so much better.

10-14-10, 08:52 AM   #60
basicmountain
A Defias Bandit

I'm slugging through the errors, but Blizz broke a lot of code. Everything seems fixable so far. It could take a few days.
All I can say is "GAY on Blizz" for breaking the code. Thanks for taking the time to fix Carbonite and make it right.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb in Cataclysm *CONFIRMED*