08-30-12, 06:29 AM   #241
Aximili
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Danielito View Post
I get these errors:

CARBONITE Unknown map name: [name of regions]
CARBONITE Err MapGenAreas: [a lot of names]
That is what i corrected in the localization file i uploaded. By using this file you should'nt have any such error on german, french and spanish localizations.

As for the italian localization, go into the file, copy one of the other localization (german, french, spanish or russian) and translate it to italian.

08-30-12, 06:46 AM   #242
profloophole
A Defias Bandit

I'll admit that I still don't know everything that carbonite can do, been using it for months, don't know how I managed without it's features (map/tracker/goto pathing), learn something new about it every other time I play, and only just recently figured out how notes work. That being said, I've tried a lot of different addons (including quest helper till it broke on me and I couldn't find anything), but with all the stuff carbonite brings to the table in a relatively small package, I just don't know what I'd do without it.

I just hope a concrete resolution to this debacle is forthcoming, and Thanks for the hard work Rythal

Confessed Addon Junkie

08-30-12, 06:46 AM   #243
THEBOOMKIN
A Defias Bandit
what all is updated?

I was EXTREMELY pleased with the fan update...seeing the screen load and no errors come up for carbonite was FANTASTIC...I wanted to know though, what has all been updated? Are the quest databases being updated as well? or will it just be the other base carbonite uses, my favorite, being the minimap

08-30-12, 07:00 AM   #244
Sangre
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The one thing I miss is the zoomable world map.
(If there is another, please tell me.)
If that were a standalone, everything else could wait lol.

08-30-12, 07:28 AM   #245
chellylynn88
A Defias Bandit
I've downloaded Rythal's updated fan version of Carbonite and I extracted it into my world of warcraft addons folder and its not showing up on wow at all. Did I do something wrong? Am I supposed to extract it to a different place?

08-30-12, 07:33 AM   #246
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by chellylynn88 View Post
I've downloaded Rythal's updated fan version of Carbonite and I extracted it into my world of warcraft addons folder and its not showing up on wow at all. Did I do something wrong? Am I supposed to extract it to a different place?
Place the extracted files into the Carbonite folder. ( World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite )
These two files will replace the originals

08-30-12, 07:40 AM   #247
chellylynn88
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by sgtevmckay View Post
Place the extracted files into the Carbonite folder. ( World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite )
These two files will replace the originals

Ok cool thanks!!!

08-30-12, 07:55 AM   #248
Bhootam
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Teammate position icons and health?

Would someone be willing to verify that teammate icons on battleground maps and teammate health + combat status is working for them with the fanmade patch?

08-30-12, 08:13 AM   #249
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just a couple of things:
Originally Posted by sgtevmckay View Post
Can someone direct a link to me, so that I may review the carbonite license agreement.
Seem to have a problem finding any licensing at this time

Found it:

CARBONITE
Copyright 2007-2012 Carbon Based Creations, LLC
CARBONITE(tm) is a registered trademark of Carbon Based Creations, LLC.
You didn't need to go "hunting" for the Carbonite license, or ask for a link to it. There is a copy in EVERY download of Carbonite. Its' in the main Carbonite folder in your AddOns folder. Quite a few authors include a copy of their addons' license in the download. That way (I figure) there's no doubt about which license the addon in question uses. If no license is included, it really makes no difference since (as I understand it) all works of this type are considered "intellectual property" of the author(s) and are automatically put under a "All Rights Reserved" license. If I am incorrect about this, I am quite sure that someone will happily correct me. As they should.

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Rythal, please... when you mention or offer versions (as you have above), can you help us by naming them meaningfully so that the filename indicates the version and/or date of the version? It really helps. Naming "conventions" are important, so that we can compare our current downloaded version to any newer downloaded version we might have stored on our systems. Just a request. Adding a link to it in your post would also be helpful.
It would also help if you changed the version number in the .toc before you upload a new file. I have three versions of it, but they ALL say they're "## Version: 5.0". Listing a different version number for the download is nice, but being able to check that in the .toc would be nice too, since then you can be absolutely certain you are getting the latest version and not one you already have. Not a complaint!! Just a suggestion!! As a secondary benefit, you could also be sure you have the correct (latest) version that you are zipping up to upload.

Many thanks for your work. It is greatly appreciated by many people including me.

Now, if I could just get my WoW to load with addons, I'd really be a happy camper.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-30-12, 08:35 AM   #250
Awghan
A Kobold Labourer
Dungeon finder green eye

Is button gather for the green dungeon eye fixed or gonna be fixed so it shows when you have the mini map docked?

08-30-12, 08:56 AM   #251
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Awghan View Post
Is button gather for the green dungeon eye fixed or gonna be fixed so it shows when you have the mini map docked?
it is fixed.

08-30-12, 10:03 AM   #252
Danielito
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aximili View Post
That is what i corrected in the localization file i uploaded. By using this file you should'nt have any such error on german, french and spanish localizations.

As for the italian localization, go into the file, copy one of the other localization (german, french, spanish or russian) and translate it to italian.
it's a looooong work

maybe later... but... when i start the game carbonite won't start. I updateit using the newer files uploaded but it doesn't work. It's because i'm playing in italian?

Thx

08-30-12, 10:05 AM   #253
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Danielito View Post
it's a looooong work

maybe later... but... when i start the game carbonite won't start. I updateit using the newer files uploaded but it doesn't work. It's because i'm playing in italian?

Thx
yes, until the localization.lua has the translations for the new zones it won't work if your client is set to anything other then english. For new languages supported like Italian, it needs translations of every zone.

sorry

Last edited by Rythal : 08-30-12 at 10:07 AM.

08-30-12, 10:15 AM   #254
Danielito
A Murloc Raider
hope in a future update

if you need a hand contact me

08-30-12, 10:18 AM   #255
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
To the fellas doing the fan updates, THANK YOU!

08-30-12, 10:32 AM   #256
aw4ken
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Bhootam View Post
Would someone be willing to verify that teammate icons on battleground maps and teammate health + combat status is working for them with the fanmade patch?
everythink is working for me as always. Rythal made really nice peace of work. only think is what will happened next, I mean new areas, quests and bgs coming with MoP

08-30-12, 10:43 AM   #257
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by aw4ken View Post
everythink is working for me as always. Rythal made really nice peace of work. only think is what will happened next, I mean new areas, quests and bgs coming with MoP
the new areas are already in, if you zoom out enough on your map you'll see pandaria down where outlands use to be.

08-30-12, 10:50 AM   #258
Evil_Iceman
A Kobold Labourer
Sorry to bother guys I am new around and love carbonite, I have been using this addon since I played WoW so playing without it is a big headache.

I have read that there is an update created by Rythal, where can I find that update or what do I have to do to get it?

Thanks in advance

08-30-12, 10:55 AM   #259
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Evil_Iceman View Post
Sorry to bother guys I am new around and love carbonite, I have been using this addon since I played WoW so playing without it is a big headache.

I have read that there is an update created by Rythal, where can I find that update or what do I have to do to get it?

Thanks in advance
A few threads lower in the forum, thread titled Carbonite 5.04

08-30-12, 11:04 AM   #260
Aximili
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
yes, until the localization.lua has the translations for the new zones it won't work if your client is set to anything other then english. For new languages supported like Italian, it needs translations of every zone.

sorry
Actually, the localization.lua file i posted earlier allow carbonite to work on german, french and spanish local since the missing zone names have been added.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?