08-29-12, 10:59 AM   #141
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by chilidogg11 View Post
anyone else having a problem with the map in bg's? when i hit m and get the big cabonite map it shows everything but the smaller square of a map that normally sits on my screen in blank.

and again, ry i want you to have my babies.
Can't say much on BG maps since I never got a chance to test them, on beta the queue never popped for me no matter how long I waited... and live last night so many other addons were broken I didn't try. I did move where it draws the BG maps at the same time I added the new starting zone instances because the center of the map was becoming cluttered even if you couldn't see it with the frames hidden.... so there is a chance something needs to be fixed there, or it's just not scaled right.

08-29-12, 11:09 AM   #142
gnicche
A Kobold Labourer
Just a question ^^

How can I run carbonite in an italian client? I'm not interested in the traslation, just need it works
I use the latest carbonite mop version and it works perfectly with engl client, but today with the new italian one (fresh release) doesn't work.

Please help me if a way exist

ps: and sorry for my bad english >.<

08-29-12, 11:12 AM   #143
chilidogg11
A Murloc Raider
I just fixed it by checking the "follow you" box when you right click the map.

08-29-12, 12:06 PM   #144
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
New version is up!

To appease both parties, those wanting carbonites quest POI and those wanting blizzards POI it now does BOTH!

In the carbonite options, under quest, you can use the check box "Use Carbonite Quest POI's" to switch between the two at any time.
I agree you've done a fantastic job. Now that you have a working possibility go one step version and post it up on wowinterface, better yet I'll post it up now I have it set up from when I worked on stuff with Quokka, fan update going up now for you.

08-29-12, 12:14 PM   #145
rayo4444
A Murloc Raider
I also have to send a huge thanks to Rythal, you have done a great job!

A bug however I am experiencing is that when I have applied for a dungeon, the dungeon button does not appear as it used to (at the Carbonite sidebar), this also makes it difficult to leave and rejoin the instance once it has started.

08-29-12, 12:40 PM   #146
Dedkah
A Murloc Raider
THANK YOU so much Rythal for the time and effort put in to keep this addon going. I love this addon and really didn't want to replace it.

Last edited by Dedkah : 08-29-12 at 12:53 PM.

08-29-12, 12:56 PM   #147
Assiiha
A Kobold Labourer
Hero

Rythal, I am pretty sure that you are my hero! My husband and I use carbonite for different reasons. I know that I am happy with your update so far, and since you have provided a fix for our carbonites, maybe I can get him to play with me! Thank you for your update! Keep up the good work!

08-29-12, 01:07 PM   #148
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
I agree you've done a fantastic job. Now that you have a working possibility go one step version and post it up on wowinterface, better yet I'll post it up now I have it set up from when I worked on stuff with Quokka, fan update going up now for you.
Please Don't.

The license agreement carbonite comes with does not allow modifications to the source, nor the redistribution of those changes.

Everything remains to be seen how the original developers treat what i've done to get it up and running and make everyone happy, but for now, if they decide to do anything legally it's against me and me alone since I'm the one distributing it. It was a risk I knew about when I started working on it, and one I was willing to take. It is also why on the download page I mention them and ask donations for the project to go to them with a note of why (Rythal's fan update) so that hopefully they do not look down or badly upon this fan update.

If it gets uploaded it to wowinterface or other addon sites, then they are also liable.

Last edited by Rythal : 08-29-12 at 01:34 PM.

08-29-12, 01:07 PM   #149
Shaloom
A Murloc Raider

Hug Rythal

Great news that Rythal got it working, could hug you.

Anyone know were i can download it from plz????

08-29-12, 01:26 PM   #150
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
http://virtxchange.com/carbonite/

08-29-12, 01:32 PM   #151
Mortauk
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
Anyone try the link above? Needless to say I'm a bit leery!

08-29-12, 01:38 PM   #152
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Mortauk View Post
That is the real link to the update, take caution and virus scan it if you are worried, or just wait until things get sorted and either the project dies, or i'm allowed to upload it to interface sites.

08-29-12, 01:42 PM   #153
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mortauk View Post
Originally posted back here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...656#post260656

08-29-12, 01:50 PM   #154
Zuelek
A Kobold Labourer
made an account just to reply

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
That is the real link to the update, take caution and virus scan it if you are worried, or just wait until things get sorted and either the project dies, or i'm allowed to upload it to interface sites.
Thank you for this I would of hate to have to uninsall Carbonite and get something new, with that being said the owners should of had this updated or handed it off to a fan when Beta was launched, every other add on I have was updated as soon as 5.0.4 hit (I have 72 add ons >.>)

08-29-12, 02:03 PM   #155
Livanamako
A Murloc Raider

So MoP is out and a lot of addons have been updated. Like last time carbonite seems to be lagging behind other addons with updates. I know there is a beta (MoP or not) on the part of the forum I can't enter. I've donated, but I have no idea how to get into the part where you can download betas or if it's even possible. I know others are wondering about that part too. I tried looking for version 3.3201 beta on the net without much luck. MoP changed it all again <sigh>

5.04 is out. Available on carboniteaddon and WOWinterface. Curse version haven't been updated yet.
Misunderstood this a little earlier, Rythal is the author of the working version and the beta I mentioned was too old to actually be interesting as Rythal pointed out. I did try Rythals version and it ran without errors, but I still prefer 5.041 even if there is a few errors. I trust it's still being worked on. I might try to change the log error myself by using a constant value. I'm using SuperEdi and .lua syntax file from TextPad. It seem to be a nice combination for unicode text files if you don't want some heavier programming.

Last edited by Livanamako : 09-17-12 at 11:45 AM.

08-29-12, 02:19 PM   #156
Mortauk
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
Yes and thank you! I Hope they continue to let you fix things!

08-29-12, 02:20 PM   #157
cmsciulli
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Haruka71 View Post
I do hope it gets updated!

I know that Blizzard has its own quest tracker, but I hate the location and the fact that I can't move it and have it stay where I put it.

I tried to do without Carbonite and ended up replacing it with at least 6 addons. Not only do I use it for the map, mini map replacement (adjustable rectangle for the win!) and quest log/tracker, but it also tracks my speed and gathers up all of my addon buttons.

I will be happy to donate to keep this project going. It would be so worth it!
I agree. I love all of the various Carbonite features- Quest Tracker, quest history, customizable mini map, Punk alerts, etc.

It is really a must have addon for me, and I will gladly donate for a MoP version.

08-29-12, 02:22 PM   #158
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Livanamako View Post
So MoP is out and a lot of addons have been updated. Like last time carbonite seems to be lagging behind other addons with updates. I know there is a beta (MoP or not) on the part of the forum I can't enter. I've donated, but I have no idea how to get into the part where you can download betas or if it's even possible. I know others are wondering about that part too. I tried looking for version 3.3201 beta on the net without much luck. MoP changed it all again <sigh>
3.3201 is old... very old... that's going back to wrath days.

5.004 is available at the link above for now.

08-29-12, 02:25 PM   #159
Reddsonja
A Fallenroot Satyr
small bug

Another small bug. For some reason when you queue for a dungeon, the little green eye is missing from the icon column ie: calendar, clock, other addon menus, etc... With that missing there is no way to tell how long the queue is going to take or how many it's already found. You also won't be able to leave and re enter dungeons.

08-29-12, 02:26 PM   #160
pipanebo
A Kobold Labourer
Thank youu soooooo much Rythal.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?