07-16-09, 01:38 PM   #661
MarcAntony
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

Just want to preface by saying that asking a question like this without having read every bit of literature and forum posts on a subject first is way out of character for me. I am a person who enjoys doing my due diligence, but right now I need answers quickly and do not have time to scan the forum for them. If anyone would be so kind to give me some quick answers to my specific questions it’d be hugely appreciated.

I am an officer of our guild, which is 1st on the server, but not a top100 or anything like that. We’re currently working on Freya and Mimiron HMs. I’m the most seasoned UI/addon user in the guild and Fraps our encounters. So when watching my Fraps’ movies and seeing the ability I have, through my UI, to see everything that is going on in the raid easily and without cluttering my screen, our GM has tasked me with the task of implementing a raid-wide install of at the bare minimum, a set of raid frames.

Thing is, I need to settle on 1 raid frame solution quickly and give them a tutorial on how to configure it. I played with PRaid briefly in raid last night and was mostly able to do everything I needed and was highly impressed with its simplicity, form, and functionality. I want to have them all install this addon. But I could not figure out how (remember this is in raid between attempts) to configure the buffs/debuffs properly. I attempted to set a custom debuff for Strengthened Iron Roots and have the text “ROOTS” displayed in red text to make it unmistakable. I tried on 2 consecutive attempts but was unable to get the debuff to appear. I read the entire Elitist Jerks raid frames thread and see that PRaid is, in fact, able to do this and more.

If someone could be so kind to either provide me with a summary of, or point me to a tutorial, how to use the PerfectRaid buff/debuff system properly I would greatly appreciate it.
07-22-09, 02:41 AM   #662
Dsuc
A Defias Bandit
is there any options that can trigger the players bar to blink or change color (eg, curse, poison)... when they being a victim to boss spell/skill such as slag pot, gravity bomb, stone grip .. etc.
Playing as a healer need me to focus to this players instantly...
any1 can help?.. thanks in adv.
07-22-09, 02:46 AM   #663
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dsuc View Post
is there any options that can trigger the players bar to blink or change color (eg, curse, poison)... when they being a victim to boss spell/skill such as slag pot, gravity bomb, stone grip .. etc.
Playing as a healer need me to focus to this players instantly...
any1 can help?.. thanks in adv.
Just add a custom buff with a non-mistakable message like

HEAL in big red letters. No, you can't trigger the highlight colors, currently.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
07-22-09, 06:13 AM   #664
Dsuc
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
Just add a custom buff with a non-mistakable message like

HEAL in big red letters. No, you can't trigger the highlight colors, currently.
any example of doing this.. i'm totally clueless..
07-22-09, 06:15 AM   #665
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Type /praid to open the configuration GUI.
Click on the buff configuration.
Click Add.
Type in the name of the buff.
Choose a color.
Type some display text.
Test it out.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
07-22-09, 06:47 PM   #666
Dsuc
A Defias Bandit
Type /praid to open the configuration GUI.
Click on the buff configuration.
Click Add.
Type in the name of the buff.
Choose a color.
Type some display text.
Test it out.
it works.. thanks a lot..
08-19-09, 03:00 PM   #667
blanknot
A Kobold Labourer

Show stackable buffs/debuffs

Can you make it display how many stacks of a buff/debuff is on the person? This would help a ton.

The header backdrop just isn't wide enough for me with all the buffs/debuffs going on for a disc priest. Can you make the size and position of the backdrop more customizable?

Screenshot: http://i28.tinypic.com/23iv410.jpg

TY

Last edited by blanknot : 08-19-09 at 03:04 PM.
08-19-09, 10:36 PM   #668
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Yes, I'd like to make these changes, but don't anticipate finding time any time very soon.
09-30-09, 08:37 PM   #669
Roslin
A Kobold Labourer
May have missed it just skimmed the pages. Is there anyway to have the raid frames show a raid symbol?
10-01-09, 01:26 PM   #670
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
At the moment, no.
10-03-09, 11:38 AM   #671
tororox
A Defias Bandit
Hi. I want to change the color of all the health bars, which is green by default, to dark gray or black. How could I do that? Thank you.
10-03-09, 08:07 PM   #672
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You have to edit the code.. there's no way to do this in-game.
10-03-09, 10:59 PM   #673
tororox
A Defias Bandit
You have to edit the code.. there's no way to do this in-game.
I'm not familiar with programming. Can you tell me where the code is for the color layout? Thank you.
10-04-09, 04:09 AM   #674
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
There's no one place to edit. You also need to know the hex constant that you want. You could try (At the bottom of PerfectRaid_Utils.lua), replacing the GetHPSeverity() function with the following:

Code:
function DongleUtils.GetHPSeverity(perc, class)
        if not class then
                return 0.2, 0.2, 0.2
        else
		local c = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class]
		return DongleUtils.ColorGradient(perc, 1,0,0, 1,1,0, c.r,c.g,c.b)
	end
end
But I honestly have no idea if it'll need to be changed elsewhere..
10-05-09, 10:54 PM   #675
tororox
A Defias Bandit
There's no one place to edit. You also need to know the hex constant that you want. You could try (At the bottom of PerfectRaid_Utils.lua), replacing the GetHPSeverity() function with the following:

Code:
function DongleUtils.GetHPSeverity(perc, class)
        if not class then
                return 0.2, 0.2, 0.2
        else
		local c = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class]
		return DongleUtils.ColorGradient(perc, 1,0,0, 1,1,0, c.r,c.g,c.b)
	end
end
But I honestly have no idea if it'll need to be changed elsewhere..
It worked! Thank you so much!
I have another question. I want to use the chat font for PerfectRaid without changing the unit name font. I only know how to add fonts into World of Warcraft\Fonts folder. Simply speaking, how do I set the font of PerfectRaid as some xxxx.TFF font file in the World of Warcraft\Fonts folder? Thank you.
10-10-09, 07:36 AM   #676
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
There are too many places for me to give you a simple one or two liner. You'd need to define a custom font and then use that for the creation of the font strings in PRaid.

You can look for CreateFontString to see where these are if it helps to figure it out.
10-15-09, 12:39 AM   #677
FuBaSh
A Defias Bandit
Template Idea

Atm, I wish perfect raid would allow me to filter out certain people so that I can make a ranged frame group and melee frame group for certain encounters. Any possibility of having that feature in the next big release?
10-15-09, 02:14 AM   #678
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
In theory, yes, I could do that but it would have to be by name. But you can already do this (kind of) by class. All warriors and rogues are always melee, for example. All hunters and mages are always ranged. Is that not sufficient?
10-17-09, 02:10 AM   #679
Katz
A Kobold Labourer
Trouble w/ frames

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but this is driving me crazy. I have Perfect Raid but I can't see any of the frames. I clicked on various options in the frames GUI section, and still nothing. I have re-installed Perfect Raid, and nothing. I have no frame whatsoever, showing up on my screen. Nothing in party, raid. I'd be really grateful if someone were to give me some advice as to what could be going on. I really, really like using P Raid, and so I don't want to have to switch to a different add-on.

Help
10-17-09, 03:04 AM   #680
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Try removing the layout-cache.txt file in your WTF directory along with any SavedVariables files for PerfectRaid (and you should back them up before your remove them). I have no idea why your frames would disappear, but its a good place to start looking.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help