09-19-05, 05:02 PM   #21
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
*shuffles in shamelessly*

Would anyone who can post on the american forums possibly pimp my mod here please:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...p=1#post222885

Thank you :P. *blush* (In all seriousness I'd be really greatful as I cant post on the american forums my self, also if you have a mod ill happily post it to the EU-EN forums if you wish)

And another update on running with KC, looks like KC only sorts the items when it needs to (Which is what it should do to save cpu time for its self). Its late now though so ill take another look in the morning.

Last edited by Kasheen : 09-19-05 at 05:07 PM.
09-20-05, 02:06 AM   #22
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
Maybe Kaelten could help you out to find a better way, he might even change something for kc_items0.93+ for you ;-)
09-20-05, 09:54 AM   #23
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Hhmm, I don't really want to bother him with it. I dont think its worth it either for all it does, its only going to link a name after all.

Ive had some thoughts though. When wow loads up I could copy the database and put it into order, that way I can search it without 20000 cycles of a loop (worst case senario). Only downfall with this is that new items added during the play session wont be added immediately which means they wont link. Mind you they wont link until you've seen it at least once anyway. Of course if you are using the masterDB for KC then it doesnt matter too much because you already have most (all?) the items in the game anyway.
09-20-05, 05:27 PM   #24
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Ok Ive put something together for KC_Items again. . . . This time it uses the idea that I stated above whereby it creates a database with the name of the item and the KC_Items DB ID. That allows me to reference the database much faster but unfortunatly the database can only be snapshotted at reload or login. The user has an option to also search past this database incase the item was recently seen and added, thats optional and the mod will always check the snapshotted database first for speed reasons.

That means if you run masterDB then its just as fast as loot link apart from the odd occasion when it wont see the item in the masterDB and will have to check the KC_Items DB (Or you can just make it dump the item's name out as normal text to save the time).
09-20-05, 05:29 PM   #25
Atrophical
An Aku'mai Servant
Added CLF to AUI. Thanks for making a sweet addon.
09-21-05, 09:09 AM   #26
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Atrophical
Added CLF to AUI. Thanks for making a sweet addon.

Thats really great . Thank you for helping support CLF, its nice to see it used by other people .

Also I've finally submitted 1.4 to the site which will have the item names back in it (as an option). Ill make a post about that when the mod is authorised though .
09-21-05, 09:49 AM   #27
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Huzzah, 'tis authorised! Sorry this took so long, its only a small feature but its taken me about a week to add :P.

Compact Loot Frames 1.4 (FOR WOW 1.7) has arrived!

Here comes 1.4 with a new feature!
- Item names are now back! You can display them on the frame, in the chat, in both locations or not at all!
- OPTIONAL support for LootLink and KC_Items has been added, this will put links on the chat window instead of just item names.

Please note that items will only link out of LootLink and KT_Items if you have previously seen the item.

To anyone running KC_Items I would recommend you also run MasterDB, this will make sure most items link first time!
For users who are NOT using MasterDB I recommend that you do NOT change the /clf kcoptimise setting to "accuracy" as it may cause slowdown if you have seen a large number of items.

Please note that CLF 1.4 will NOT work with Warcraft 1.6 and lower.

As usual, any bugs or strange things happening then please post here or in the comments section of the mod.

Thank you.

Kasheen.
09-26-05, 06:59 AM   #28
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I've read here and on the blizzard EU forums (I think) that there is some problems with KC_Items and/or LootLink (In general, not just for this mod) which apparently cause errors. If anyone uses these mods and they cause errors when CLF prints the item to the Chat window please post here (As of yet I've seen no complaints). If you wish to stop the item linking to the chat window then you can always use:

Code:
/clf name frame
or

Code:
/clf name off
If anyone does report any problems I'll consider adding a further toggle to allow the item to goto the chat window as text but not as a link.

Kasheen.
11-24-05, 02:03 PM   #29
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Important:

Hello everyone, I have some quite important information here regarding CLF. Unfortunately my summer holidays ended and I needed to go back to university, as such I decided to cancel my WoW subscription.

The important bit: I was reading the 1.9 patch notes and saw a section which talked about the dressing room being usable within the loot frames. This means that they have possibly changed the functions that return the lootID and will have changed the type of XML eliment in which the picture of the item is displayed.

It is highly likely that CLF will not work properly with 1.9 (Edit: may not be true, read my second edit )

I am downloading the 1.9 patch now and will take a look through it to see if I can sort anything out. I don't know if non-subscribers are allowed on the test realms though. I shall report back.

Sorry for any harm this may cause anyone who is still running this mod into 1.9

EDIT:

It looks like I can log into the test realms without a subscription so I will try to work out an update .

EDIT2:

Alright, I took a look at the code and on my initial read through nothing bad should happen if you are still running an old version of this mod at 1.9. Im going to update the mod though to take advantage of the new features such as being able to link straight out of the roll window and being able to use the dressing room out of the roll window, this will most likely mean that CLF will no longer have optional deps on Lootlink or KC_Items since they were only used to produce a chat window link. The toggle for showing the name on the windows will remain.

Last edited by Kasheen : 11-24-05 at 04:36 PM.
11-28-05, 05:55 PM   #30
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Alright, I've brought the mod up to date and will just write the read me once more and post it tomorrow once I've had time to do that.

Loot link and KC_Items are no longer optional dependancies, an adition was made to the WoW API which means that I can link an item without the use of those mods. You can also shift-click and ctrl-click on the frame just like you can with the new blizzard frames.

Item names are still on frame, on chat, both or off.

Kasheen.

Edit: I'm going to revise my release date a little . I've got everything done and ready to go but I shall release closer to when 1.9 comes out since the next version won't work unless you are on 1.9. Its better this way as well incase there is some sort of last minute change and I need to update again.

Last edited by Kasheen : 11-29-05 at 05:55 PM.
01-03-06, 06:58 AM   #31
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Alrighty, I've uploaded the new version of the mod incase the 1.9 patch is coming tonight. The changes are as stated in the first post in this thread. CLF 1.5 is ONLY for WoW patch 1.9 and later (it wont work on lower versions).

If there are any problems then please post a message, I did test it on the test realms though so it should be all fine .

Also one last thing, from now on I think I shall post the changelog onto the mod comments so that its easier to find rather than keeping all this information in this thread. As usual changes and new commands can be found in the readme.

Thanks

Kasheen

P.S Mod is authorising so the link in the first post may not work right away.

Edit:

@Cairenn - Thanks for including my mod in the updated list on the american forums

Last edited by Kasheen : 01-03-06 at 08:14 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Compact Loot Frames