10-07-05, 09:29 AM   #1
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Need help from someone on euro server

Can someone (with the ability) post this entire message on the WoW-euro UI forum? I can't being on NA client and I'm not getting any response anyplace I post. Tho I can't post I'll be watching the euro forums so no need to relay information back.

It's apparent the 5th return of GetItemInfo is localized, and the 8th return isn't supposed to be localized. I'm trying to find out which are localized. If anyone on a non-English client could run these two tests and post the results, they'll get added to the wiki and make more mods work on non-English clients.

1. Can a user of a non-English client try this line with a normal container (Traveler's Backpack, Wool Bag, Runecloth Bag, etc) in the second-to-right bag (beside the Backpack we all start out with) and then again with a Quiver or Ammo Pouch? And post the results?

/script _,_,link=string.find(GetInventoryItemLink("player",20) or "","item:(%d+)") local txt="" v1,v2,v3,v4,v5,v6,v7,v8,i = GetItemInfo(link) for i=1,8 do txt=txt.."v"..i.."="..(getglobal("v"..i) or "nil").." " end DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(txt)

2. Can a user of a non-English client put an equippable item (that's not range or ammo which are bugged) into the topleft slot of their right-most bag (Backpack) and post the results of this:

/script _,_,link=string.find(GetContainerItemLink(0,1) or "","item:(%d+)") local txt="" v1,v2,v3,v4,v5,v6,v7,v8,i = GetItemInfo(link) for i=1,8 do txt=txt.."v"..i.."="..(getglobal("v"..i) or "nil").." " end DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(txt)

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Gello : 10-07-05 at 09:33 AM.
10-07-05, 12:34 PM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
Can use any subject line you want, maybe "Need localization information"

This is really frustrating :( I got so much hate mail because I refused to localize a mod once. I had to abandon my email address because of one nasty attack from a French user. Where is all that angry obsession over localization when it would be constructive. :p
10-09-05, 11:55 AM   #3
Gello
A Molten Giant
On the bright side, this gives me license to tell people to STFU if they ever whine about localization again.

Last bump before I stop caring about the issue or localization entirely.
10-09-05, 04:12 PM   #4
shouryuu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Hum a cousin of mine is on a french server, I could ask him to try but I haven't seen him in a while and he never seems to be on the interenet that often... I'll bookmark this thread, and give you a heads up when I manage to get a response...
10-09-05, 04:28 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Gello, getting it posted for you hun.

Here you go.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 10-09-05 at 04:31 PM.
10-09-05, 04:51 PM   #6
Gello
A Molten Giant
Awesome thanks!
10-09-05, 04:54 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Welcome sweetie. All in having the contacts.
10-09-05, 08:20 PM   #8
Legorol
A Cliff Giant
If only I saw this earlier... from now on if you need something posting on the EU UI forums, email me at [email protected] (removing the SPAMNOT part). I play on EU, and although I play with English client, I potentially have access to other language clients too. Going to try to see if I can get FR and DE clients and will try your tests out.
10-09-05, 08:37 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Good man Legorol!

God I love our community.
10-10-05, 02:54 AM   #10
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Legorol, you can go into your account CP (Blizzard account CP that is) and download the language localisations to make your client any type of euro to help you test .

And if anyone needs something posted on the EU and I see it fast enough then ill also be happy to help in the future ;P
10-10-05, 08:12 AM   #11
shouryuu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

If you ever need something written in french, I'm french and willing to help :P
10-10-05, 03:13 PM   #12
Urbs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Greetings Gello,

here the results of the German client:
Originally Posted by Gello
1. Can a user of a non-English client try this line with a normal container (Traveler's Backpack, Wool Bag, Runecloth Bag, etc) in the second-to-right bag (beside the Backpack we all start out with) and then again with a Quiver or Ammo Pouch? And post the results?[...]
"v1=Reiserucksack v2=item:4500:0:0:0 v3=2 v4=0 v5=Behälter v7=1 v8=Tasche" -- for explanation: I have a Traveler's Backpack in the second rightmost bag slot. Apparently I don't have any armor quivers, therefore I couldn't test that so far. If you still need that, I'll buy one tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Gello
2. Can a user of a non-English client put an equippable item (that's not range or ammo which are bugged) into the topleft slot of their right-most bag (Backpack) and post the results of this:[...]
"v1=Spitzhacke v2=item:2901:0:0:0 v3=1 v4=1 v5=Waffe v6=Verschiedenes v7=1 v8=Waffenhand" -- for explantion: I used a mining pick for the test

Hope that helps & take care,
Urbs
10-10-05, 03:42 PM   #13
Gello
A Molten Giant
Thanks Urbs! And thanks everyone else for your help

It looks like all fields are localized which is different than we expected.

"v1=Reiserucksack v2=item:4500:0:0:0 v3=2 v4=0 v5=Behälter v7=1 v8=Tasche"
Was there a v6? It's probably 'Behälter' also, but if it was 'Container' then it would be very useful information. (So a mod can determine if a bag can hold an item on any client)

Oh and no need to check Quiver if you don't have one. Thanks again!
10-10-05, 04:32 PM   #14
Urbs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
@Gello, oops! Yes, it's "Behälter" as well--that must have been the reason why I have overlooked it in the first place.

If you need any help for localisation/translating your MODs for/to the German client, don't hesitate to contact me

Regards, Urbs
10-10-05, 05:36 PM   #15
Legorol
A Cliff Giant
Yah EU Language Packs are nice, I got them just haven't installed them yet

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Need help from someone on euro server