05-04-14, 07:30 PM   #1
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No mid-word smilies in posts

It would be great if smilies were only applied when surrounded by whitespace (or at the beginning/end of lines) instead of appearing mid-word when you write things like "selfoSomething". While I'm aware of the option to disable smilies for an individual post, I don't think I've ever remembered to check it the first time around in my entire life, and since the "edit" button opens an in-place editor without many options, fixing it requires clicking edit, then clicking advanced, then waiting for a page load, then scrolling down, then clicking the option, then clicking submit... seems like too many steps.

(And yes, I deliberately didn't enable the option for this post!)
05-04-14, 07:54 PM   #2
Tactica
Not Amused

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
...I don't think I've ever remembered to check it the first time around in my entire life, and since the "edit" button opens an in-place editor without many options, fixing it requires clicking edit, then clicking advanced, then waiting for a page load, then scrolling down, then clicking the option, then clicking submit... seems like too many steps.
I second this!

I have encountered this problem too. I agree the whitespace would be very convenient, but I usually preview my posts about 30 times to minimize my post-post editing. My seem a lil' extreme but it's the only thing that makes me feel confident that it will appear correctly.

Then I edit after posting because I missed something.

EDIT: Missed something...

Last edited by Tactica : 05-05-14 at 10:47 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » No mid-word smilies in posts