11-29-06, 06:21 PM   #241
Releaux
A Murloc Raider
Talking How To Stop Having Mazzlegasms

Hi everyone,

If you haven't had a chance to check out Mazzlefizz's fantastic new UI setup, you should give it a try. If nothing else, it sets the bar for ease of installation, clean interface design, and an overwelmingly cool in-game FAQ system.

Some people have asked in the other thread if there's a way to turn off or alter the "Mazzlegasm" behavior (some emotes and a /yell) that occurs occasionally when you /mazzify. While there isn't an option within the UI, the fix is very simple:

1. Open the file Mazzifier.lua with a text editor. The path to this inside your WoW folder will be Interface/AddOns/Mazzifier/Mazzifier.lua (use backslashes on Windows).

2. Either move to line 618 or do a search for "I just had"

3. Comment out lines 618 through 625 by adding "--" to the beginning of each line. (If you can't show line numbers, start with the line containing DoEmote("moan") and comment out through the line containing DoEmote("dance").

4. Save the file.

That's it. Almost as easy as the UI itself!

[EDITED FOR CLARITY AND LESS BOMBASTIOSCITUDE]

Last edited by Releaux : 11-30-06 at 01:36 AM.

11-29-06, 06:22 PM   #242
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
0.75 should be available once it's approved:

MazzleUI 0.75 Changes
  • Feature Addition: Added poison and sharpening stone sets. Mazzifier should now put those items in the correct spots in the rogue layouts.
  • Feature Addition: User can now only have one Mazzlegasm per hour. Everyone needs a little recovery time.
  • Bug Fix: Disabled Prat's sticky features. Was conflicting with ChatManager's and preventing typing in custom chat channels
  • Bug Fix: Hunter bar changing will now work when user doesn't have rank 2 wing clip.
  • Bug Fix: Rogue layout now properly places poison trade skill
  • Bug Fix: Added 3 missing level 40 skeletal horse mounts to Mazzifier
  • Bug Fix: MazzleOptions General options now lined up
  • Bug Fix: All categories now check in KC Items scanning (before it was just recipes)
  • Bug Workaround: MazzleUI will no longer show when WarmUp frame when it is enabled by the user right before Mazzifying.
  • Button Layout Change: Added Mazzlefizz's Hunter Layout 2. Same as the first layout but with range bar switching when out of range to be the opposite of the main one.
  • Button Layout Change: Added higher levels of True Shot Aura
  • Button Layout Change: Check several key bindings per request from original author
  • Button Layout Change: Changed alt-r bindings in many layouts (20 of them). Alt-r was supposed to be for reply.
  • Settings Change: Added FuBar MageFu. Changed default to conjure cinnabuns. If you don't yet have that, you will need to change the setting in MageFu to the level of items you do have.
  • New FAQ: Added "Usage[/color]: Class-Specific" category
  • New FAQ: Mage Fu does not conjure cinnabuns or does not conjure level of something I don't have.
  • New FAQ: Mage Fu does not show.
  • New FAQ: What are those dots on my screen? (DoTimer)
  • New FAQ: What is this little square on my screen? (Sorren's Hunter Timer)
  • New FAQ: My hunter bars are not switching the way I like them.
  • New FAQ: How to turn off self-casting
  • New FAQ: I click on this button and it picks up my weapon.
  • New FAQ: Bottom or side bars are showing
  • New FAQ: What is this list of addons on my screen
  • New FAQ: My MT windows aren't showing.
  • New FAQ: I can't find a button for my mount
  • New FAQ: Is there a way to make the UI bigger.
  • New FAQ: I want to change my keybindings for buttons. Where do I do that.
  • Updated Add-ons:: DoTimer v1.2 BETA 8.zip, MailTo_1.12.zip, AtlasLoot_Enhanced_1.21_Beta2.zip, FuBar_CombatInfoFu-2.0.zip, !StopTheSpam-r16449.zip, AutoAcceptInvite-1.3.zip, FuBar_ReagentFu-2.0.6.zip, Prat-r17890.zip, BigWigs-r17856.zip, !!!Libs-r17595.zip, Chatmanager_v1121_061007.zip

11-29-06, 06:59 PM   #243
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

If what you're saying is true, then that is very inappropriate (in my opinion) for an addon (or compilation) to advertise itself without user confirmation. Especially to use "Mazzlegasm", which is a mite bit too close to "orgasm"...

No offense against Mazzlefizz, but I don't think what you're doing is very good at all.

How would you like it if FuBar (or Ace2, even) were to yell advertising at random times? I think it'd be very rude and obtrusive.

11-29-06, 07:31 PM   #244
Rahod
A Defias Bandit
Addon Idea

You should have a guild event manager added in on the system or something like.

11-29-06, 07:44 PM   #245
Cilas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, I give

Alright, I'm only having this problem on my mage. My priest and druid have no issues-but the mage seems be missing the keybindings on the actual buttons.

All the keybindings work. One (Escape Artist) even has the keybinding on the button. The rest however only have a ... on the key.

I've poked around DAB. I've looked in the KeyBindings section. I've remazzified uncountable times with various configurations. I'm missing something blindingly obvious. Any ideas?

11-29-06, 07:56 PM   #246
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I appreciate your opinion ck and thanks for giving it, but I don't agree with your characterization. I'm not exactly sure how you're imagining it, but this is not some sort of repeating advertising bot, i.e. it doesn't make your character to advertisements randomly as your playing.

Moreover, it's part of a little story setup. The installer presents an animated character on the screen which is part of an rp-ish little setup of her casting a spell on your character. If the install is successful, it does a casting animation and concludes with your character having a mazzlegasm and starting to dance. Again, it happens only once when you successfully do an install or upgrade. It does nothing during normal gameplay.

The entire UI is done with that in-character feel. If people find that word offensive or find the installer intrusive or don't like the in-character stuff, they can easily just not use the add-on and use one of the million other packages out there. This isn't a library or core add-on that people can't do without, like Ace of Fubar. It's completely elective.

Personally, I don't find it any more intrusive than what Necrosis or any of the other add-ons that make your character say in-character things as they cast spells. And I don't find the suggestive nature of the word any worse than many of the things you find in game, including what the succubi now actually speak out loud. But, that's my opinion.

- Mazzle

btw, I agreed with people who were saying that it was annoying when they were doing multiple setups or were experimenting, in which case they could end up saying it multiple times. In response, I added a timer to it so that you should only hear it once per version released.

11-29-06, 08:31 PM   #247
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
May I ask for some clarification, please? In what manner is this announced? General chat? Yells? Says? Can the individual choose which it uses?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

11-29-06, 08:42 PM   #248
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It yells it.

EDIT: And there's no options to change. It's not intended as a frequent thing. Just a one time effect of the UI installation or upgrade.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 11-29-06 at 08:48 PM.

11-29-06, 09:03 PM   #249
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

This reminds me alot of the hidden cosmos feature back in beta where cosmos devs had an elite dragon around their name.

I believe that the consensus then will be much the same as now. It can be funny, but is slightly innapropriate

11-29-06, 09:25 PM   #250
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Very nice addon, now you just have to update all the mods for 2.0 :P

11-29-06, 10:37 PM   #251
Kraki
An Aku'mai Servant
I

Love

You

11-29-06, 10:38 PM   #252
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Do we get to laugh when someone gets a nice 3 day probation for yelling mazzlegasm in a capital city? It's cute, but it should be an option to have a "mazzlegasm" or not.

11-29-06, 11:00 PM   #253
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I'm not saying get rid of the feature, I'm just saying there should be a popup window beforehand to ask whether or not a "mazzlegasm" should be had.

Edit: Also, I think that if you kept it to /s, it'd be a lot better than yelling. Most people are perturbed by people yelling.

Last edited by ckknight : 11-29-06 at 11:05 PM.

11-29-06, 11:04 PM   #254
Nymbia
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
It yells it.

EDIT: And there's no options to change. It's not intended as a frequent thing. Just a one time effect of the UI installation or upgrade.
the original poster said..
especially since you have to /mazzify every time you get new spells/abilities
Doesn't sound 'one-time' to me. It's all fun and games til people get reported..

11-29-06, 11:05 PM   #255
Aurilias
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I think you misunderstand. There is no DUF issue. I was simply telling you that the combo points are NOT done from DUF.
Yes, I know. When I said "I'll take a look at that and see what the issue might be there", I was speaking of the color combo points addon. The DUF issue I was speaking of was actually a typo. What I meant to say was DFM, as you referenced in your previous reply:
"I have encountered one strange bug where sometimes DFM is no longer able to move certain frames. Color combo points is one of the add-ons that someone has reported it getting stuck on (also bigwigs and witchhunt). It's possible that's happening with you. Simply, reloading the UI should clear that up."

It's all a moot point anyways, as everything is working properly now

11-29-06, 11:33 PM   #256
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm on an rp server (which you'd think would have more reporting people) and me and my guildmates have been "having mazzlegasms" in Ironforge for 10 months. I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. The most that ever happens is someone responds "You faked it!"

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 11-29-06 at 11:36 PM.

11-30-06, 01:30 AM   #257
Releaux
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nymbia
Doesn't sound 'one-time' to me. It's all fun and games til people get reported..
I'm the OP... I should have edited the main part of my post once I saw that Mazz had changed the behavior to no more than one per hour to catch the people who don't read or glossed over the PS at the end.

And I agree with Mazz that it's not all that big a deal. I only posted the edit in answer to the people who had asked if it was possible to change the behavior since there isn't an option within the UI interface to do so.

If you're worried about being reported for a mildly suggestive /yell (and I'm not saying it's a totally unfounded concern), comment out the code. It's not hard to do at all.

11-30-06, 03:42 AM   #258
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well I think it's a big deal, why would you want something that spams some message when you use it? I was going to recommend this to a few friends and maybe use it myself, even tho it uses alot of memory. But with this spam feature you can't diable without going into the lua files and what not makes me not try it or recommend it.

11-30-06, 03:55 AM   #259
lillith
A Kobold Labourer
might be noobish, but................

I LOVE this addon, been waiting for it for a long time, and thank you for taking the time to put this all together.

I have been reading up on the forums, as well as the FAQ, and, well, one thing i miss, and not sure how to get back:

In the chat window, the ability to right click on a guildie, and invite them to a group.

Please let me know, if i have missed the info, or what to do to add this function back in.

Lillith, Deathwing

11-30-06, 06:33 AM   #260
sbjlsmtj
A Murloc Raider
No programmer here

I tried it last night after reading this post. The UI is clean looking and has lots of features. The 3 choices of UI size seemed to hit inbetween what was perfect for my monitor for some reason so I went with Mr Magoo lol. The ease of set up was great!

Now about the blurb people are talking about. It only happened to me on initial set up and only once but I'm 60 so I could see that every time you learn a spell you get that yell, it could be irksome for some people. Personally, I laughed my head off! I redid the UI set up 3 times so my wife and 2 buddies could see it LOL, they all laughed. I guess it's up to people on what they think of course but for me, I thought it was great, but heck, I'm always up for a laugh. Course, I don't take much seriously and I look as this as a game you play where some people don't have that view, sort of speak.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI