A Defias Bandit
Map bugging!

Ive checked around the forums and found nothing about this problem

Basically my minimap stays in a big circle and wont move or de-size

Anyone can help?

01-26-11, 11:05 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Are you using a minimap addon? That does not look like the minimized carbonite map (which afaik cannot be made round).

01-27-11, 09:58 AM   #3
Kamikaze_Ice
A Murloc Raider
This looks similar to what i've experienced a few times.

As you can see in Strosem's screenshot, he does have a mini-carb map in his/her lower right corner with a docked minimap (without the square minimap option checked).

I've not entered Tol Barad on any of my toons yet, but I get a similar docking issue after leaving cata dungeons every now and then. Stonecore has always done this every time I leave it. The minimap gets stuck in docking mode, and nothing seems to undock it--neither unchecking the docking options or a /console reloadui will unstick the minimap, only logging out and back in does it change (no need to restart the game, just relogging the toon).

01-27-11, 10:10 AM   #4
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Maybe the window/frame is locked (should be unlockable via Carbonite's options).

01-29-11, 04:51 PM   #5
Strosem
A Defias Bandit
well ive tried to re-install the addon, relog, reload ui, undock, dock everything. it just wont change. and i also dont have any other maps downloaded so quite a shame to have to not use a helpful addon.

01-30-11, 01:36 AM   #6
Kristallia
A Defias Bandit
Reinstall the addon again but make sure you delete the Carbonite files in your WTF folder first. When you log into the game, it should ask you something about merging the maps together...... click NO

01-30-11, 02:13 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think that the maps being merged is the problem here, but, you just never know. You can always un-merge the maps from the "Map Minimap" options page and see if that does it for you.

That being said: The only way to tell for sure if Carbonite is causing this problem is to disable all of your addons except Carbonite (from the "AddOns" button on the character selection screen). Then log onto your character and see if the problem persists. If it goes away, then there is a conflict between Carbonite and some other addon. The only way to find the conflict is to enable a few addons at a time until the problem re-appears. When it does, go back and disable the last group of addons you enabled and re-enable them one at a time (testing for the problem after enabling each addon) until the conflict appears again, and you will have the culprit.

If enabling Carbonite alone still causes a problem, then I would go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and rename / delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. Test again, and if there is still a problem you could go to your "AddOns" folder and delete any Carbonite folders you find there. Then re-download and install Carbonite. While you are in your "WTF" folder, you could always go to your character folders (inside the realm folders) and you will find the same named files in each characters' "SavedVariables" folders. You can delete these also, but all I've ever found in them is taxi (flight master locations) information.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-30-11 at 02:18 AM.

01-30-11, 11:24 AM   #8
Kristallia
A Defias Bandit
Yeah, the reason I mentioned trying that was because thats what it did to me the first time I used this addon. I had to get my boyfriend to help me since I was unfamiliar with it at the time.

01-31-11, 04:17 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

If you right click the Carbonite map and select Minimap, what values are listed there?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map bugging!