11-05-16, 09:56 PM   #1
Avaciin
A Kobold Labourer
Can someone fix Swyn's Guild Promoter? Easy

With the newest patch update, Swyn's guild promoter throws an error and no longer auto updates members. I've been relying on the addon for years and the original creator has stopped updating it.

I'm a programmer myself but I've never messed with LUA before. I would be extremely grateful if I could get it working again
08-31-17, 04:40 PM   #2
Tactica
Not Amused

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rez/Bump

I second this motion hence my rez and bump to this post/request. I've used this addon for years and Legion has unfortunately rendered it useless

If anyone can update the LUA or link to an updated version (I have looked and can't locate any updated versions compatible with Legion) I would be forever grateful.
08-31-17, 08:21 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lua is NOT an acronym for anything. It is a Portuguese word that means "Moon", and that's the reason why it is not spelled "LUA", but rather "Lua".

Sorry if this post sounds ... pickey (?) ... but that just cheeses me off when I see that.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-31-17 at 08:30 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
09-02-17, 05:59 PM   #4
Tactica
Not Amused

Force of habit honestly as I reference that from file types rather than actual language or syntax name.

Now how about some relevant input about SGP and the issue at hand!
09-02-17, 09:08 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, but, I simply can't help with your problem. See, that ... thingy (?) ... below my avatar is (in all reality) a misnomer. It started with a addon (I wouldn't really call it that, but.....) I did called "Masque_ClassButtons" ... and snowballed from there. I really don't know how to write Lua. Oh sure, I can "fake it", mostly using "copy-n-paste", but when push comes to shove, I'm lost. I managed to cobble together a few Minimap Button Frame plug-ins (not too hard once you get one working correctly), and a few more for Masque, but that is the extent of my Lua knowledge.

Sorry, I tend to ramble on the last .... uhm .... while.

In all reality, the hardest part of my plug-ins was the graphics. The Lua stuff was relatively .... easy.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-02-17, 09:32 PM   #6
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
It seems the GuildControlSetRank function is now protected so not really unless SGP has "passive" (non read/write) features that you are after in which case you might be able to just comment that line out (1194 of SwynGuildPromoter.lua).
09-03-17, 05:30 AM   #7
Tactica
Not Amused

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
It seems the GuildControlSetRank function is now protected so not really unless SGP has "passive" (non read/write) features that you are after in which case you might be able to just comment that line out (1194 of SwynGuildPromoter.lua).
SetGuildMemberRank is also protected and commenting them out only prevents the blizz popup asking to disable or ignore SGP but (obviously) doesn't allow promotions.
09-03-17, 11:07 AM   #8
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
It seems Blizzard wants you to do it their way, sorry.
09-04-17, 09:20 PM   #9
Tactica
Not Amused

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
It seems Blizzard wants you to do it their way, sorry.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Can someone fix Swyn's Guild Promoter? Easy