12-10-07, 08:58 PM   #1
Heartwork
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Pet Model Changer (looking for)

I want to change the look of some of my pets to something more cooler looking.
Don't know if there's mods that do this or not?

Windserpent --> Chinese Dragon model (any color)
Scorpid --> Dark Iron Scorpid model (love the color on it ,Black and fiery red)
Any Cat --> Companion Cats (lol) or any or the Companions.
Raptor --> Trex model or Riding Version
Boar --> FelBoar model

I do have all the Model viewing EXE's Mywarcraftstudio,wowmodelviewer, etc.

I've been reading and trying to watch some of the videos, but they sort of confuse me on what parts to extract and rename. I have tried the NudeWoW(works BTW) one,and its labeled Patch-X.mpq,but all the sites I seen and read so far don't say anything about changing it to that.

I just need a Model Change Info For Dummies Version help. Step By Step instructions.
Also read and heard this couldn't be banned because its client side and cosmetic.

12-10-07, 09:00 PM   #2
Uthanak
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
Mods that did this were banned about a year ago. Too many people were using them to exploit things like making the flag in WSG 150 feet tall or something such.

12-10-07, 09:27 PM   #3
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Heartwork
Also read and heard this couldn't be banned because its client side and cosmetic.
100% wrong. Because changing models IS client side there is a huge potential exploit. Don't like the wall in your way? Change it to a peacebloom. All collision mechanics are handled client side, so changing them is in fact against the ToS (no matter if you deem the change to be exploitive or not) and will get you banned.

Official responses on model changing -

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...14542466&sid=1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...307000&sid=1#1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...21217653&sid=1

12-10-07, 10:23 PM   #4
Heartwork
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So according to this Rule below , everyone is Sort of Violating it by using Mod's?

C. You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of a World of Warcraft installation; (ii) create or use cheats, "mods", and/or hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience; (iii) use any third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through World of Warcraft; or (iv) allows players who are playing characters aligned with the "Alliance" faction to chat or otherwise communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the "Horde" faction, or vice versa. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may update World of Warcraft with authorized patches and updates distributed by Blizzard, and use authorized Third Party User Interfaces as set forth in Section 13(g), below.

If not then , what I want can be done without Blizzard knowing about it. They Violate the rules if they "SCAN" your computer looking for the mods,that are 'Illegal'.

All those Mods that view any WOW file should be banned technically right?
So far a couple of my friends are currently using the Nude wow Patch without trouble from Blizzard.

Last edited by Heartwork : 12-10-07 at 10:33 PM.

12-10-07, 10:50 PM   #5
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons do not modify Blizzard files. Addons are their own files.

Blizzard tendsto ban en'masse - meaning you could violate the ToS for 3-4 months and think you are safe, then one day try to log in and can't. And bans for directly modifying Blizzard files or data packets are non-reversable. It's your account, lose it if you want. You will be detected. You will get banned. Maybe not right away, but it will happen.

12-10-07, 11:20 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Mods are not 3rd party hacks and do not violate Blizzard's EULA or TOU. Changing charcter models is against the rules. as stated by Blizzard, specific threads linked above. You were given your answer, you don't like it so you don't want to hear it, that's your decision. Do it, and you may get away with it. But you most likely won't. Risk is yours.

However, discussion of breaking Blizzard's EULA and TOU as anything other than a theoretical discussion is against this site's rules. End of subject.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 12-10-07 at 11:26 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pet Model Changer (looking for)