03-13-07, 12:52 PM   #1
blbjtb
A Cyclonian
please help! running @ 1920 × 1080

I just cant seem to get my bottom frames to line up usually my 4th party member is really close to he target window kinda annoying. Anyway to fix this?
03-13-07, 01:13 PM   #2
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
1920x1080 is not a standard resolution, and this is actually the first time I've heard of it. This resolution has an aspect ratio of 1.77... MazzleUI was designed around the primary aspect ratios of 1.25, 1.33, and 1.6.

Since your resolution isn't one of the typical aspect ratios, you will most likely see things like you're experiencing... things might not line up exactly right.

Perhaps someone else with a similar resolution (or aspect ratio) can give you some advice, but the only thing I can tell you is to, if you're comfortable with it, open up DUF and start moving things around.

BTW, to determine your aspect ratio you take the first number of your resolution and divide by the second number. In this case, 1920 / 1080 = 1.77.
03-13-07, 02:08 PM   #3
blbjtb
A Cyclonian
I realize its not a standard ratio I play on a 40" 1080P widescreen T.V its just a slight bother when some one is loosing life and its a pain 2 heal. just wondering of a quick easy way to fix this.
03-13-07, 02:11 PM   #4
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by blbjtb
Just wondering of a quick easy way to fix this.
As far as I know, no. There is not.

Last edited by joypunk : 03-13-07 at 02:19 PM.
03-13-07, 02:49 PM   #5
morvix
A Murloc Raider
I unstalled Mazzie because it would not run on vista and this laptop with that much ram usage so till the new 1gb stick gets here I reverted to old. Now then on this problem.. A true 1080 screen is 1920x1200 not 1920x1080, unless it is a difference between progressive and interlaced. I would assume you can turn your wow resolution to 1920x1200 and run it into your tv. Yes Mazzle you will need to hit the mazzifly or whatever option and select the other screen resolution and then rebuild it, I am guessing you put the wrong aspect ratio. I do have no reason to see why it would not wok on your 40 inch screen. I play on an Alienware with a 17 inch true 1080 screen, max res of my desktop is 1920x1200 and the resolution is 1920x1200 ingame as well with mazzi doing nothing weird well cept being a memory hog heh. I did set it down to the other resolution below for the wide format, the 2nd from the bottom, and it looked funny. So dunno if that is what you ment, let me know.
03-13-07, 02:55 PM   #6
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by morvix
I unstalled Mazzie because it would not run on vista and this laptop with that much ram usage so till the new 1gb stick gets here I reverted to old. Now then on this problem.. A true 1080 screen is 1920x1200 not 1920x1080, unless it is a difference between progressive and interlaced. I would assume you can turn your wow resolution to 1920x1200 and run it into your tv. Yes Mazzle you will need to hit the mazzifly or whatever option and select the other screen resolution and then rebuild it, I am guessing you put the wrong aspect ratio. I do have no reason to see why it would not wok on your 40 inch screen. I play on an Alienware with a 17 inch true 1080 screen, max res of my desktop is 1920x1200 and the resolution is 1920x1200 ingame as well with mazzi doing nothing weird well cept being a memory hog heh. I did set it down to the other resolution below for the wide format, the 2nd from the bottom, and it looked funny. So dunno if that is what you ment, let me know.
This is not accurate.

True 1080 resolution has 1080 horizontal lines, not 1200. The vertical resolution isn't necessarily a factor. Progressive or Interlaced doesn't change the number of horizontal lines either, it just changes how they are displayed.

He is playing on a 40" LCD television, you are playing on a monitor, and not a widescreen monitor at that. A widescreen and a standard screen will not have the same aspect ratio... and it is the aspect ratio that is the issue here, not the resolution.
03-13-07, 03:05 PM   #7
morvix
A Murloc Raider
Ok thanks for the correction, I am an IT Consultant so computer are known like the back of my hand, but not so sure on tvs. This laptop has a 17 inch WideUXGA at 1920x1200 toted as a 1080 sreen. It is a wide screen compaired with a normal 17 inch these screen sticks out another 3 inches to one side than a standard screen. So it is a widescreen laptop. Why would 1080 run at 1920x1080 then and not the higher resolution of 1920x1200? I can set display settings to 1920x1080 but everything smooshes and looks akward and skewed.
03-13-07, 03:11 PM   #8
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Ahh, yes, 1920x1200 is a widescreen resolution, my bad on that part.

The difference is simply because televisions are different than monitors. Unlike a monitor, a television can only run at it's native resolution. Any signal or image it receives that is not at that native resolution will either be converted to that resolution (at a loss of image quality) or it will be corrupted.

Monitors, on the other hand, can run at various different resolutions and even different aspect ratios. The picture just appears "odd" at different aspect ratios and may appear blurry or fuzzy at different resolutions.

I'm not sure what the technical/functional difference is between a television and a monitor that causes these differences.
03-13-07, 03:17 PM   #9
morvix
A Murloc Raider
Ok yeah I agree with that one =) What better way to do your work then to just hang out on forums all day, fun for me! =) Anyways yeah, like I tried to plug my laptop into my HD 720 screen and it was all blurry. I really didn't mess with the resolution or settings or anything just wanted to see if it would work. Yeah I think TVs native to 1200x1080 I think, so you are right he would want to set his game to 1200x1080. See I got mazzle to work in that resolution though ingame. I just opened the launcher ingame again, set it to the 2nd option the one in the middle for ui scale. I gave it t a shot and it looked ok. Then again I think 1900x1080 is listed as a resolution along with the 1920x1200 one.

I will fiddle with Mazzle some more when more ram comes in to handle it, 2ghz and vista I guess is not enough. So till then I went back to using my desgined clean ui. Really just a bunch of unit frames, ee panels, etc.. setup just how I like em, with the fubar of course and ace 2. Good luck though, I think the author (from what I read on previous threads) is reluctant to change it. I did not have the problem with the small text but I am used to looking at a 1920x1200 resolution in windows all day. So not sure if that is the cause where they cannot read the small type? My brother downloaded it based on me telling him to, and he could not see anything. He sent mea screenshot, and I said so what? I think if you are used to a high res all day long and you can read it, you will not have problems ingame.
03-13-07, 09:50 PM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by blbjtb
I realize its not a standard ratio I play on a 40" 1080P widescreen T.V its just a slight bother when some one is loosing life and its a pain 2 heal. just wondering of a quick easy way to fix this.
I posted a reply in another thread to the same question. Your aspect ratio actually has more virtual room than needed by any of the layouts. You might be able to get it to look right by simply increasing your scale. I'd look for that other response for more detailed help.
03-13-07, 10:51 PM   #11
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by joypunk
This is not accurate.

True 1080 resolution has 1080 horizontal lines, not 1200. The vertical resolution isn't necessarily a factor. Progressive or Interlaced doesn't change the number of horizontal lines either, it just changes how they are displayed.

He is playing on a 40" LCD television, you are playing on a monitor, and not a widescreen monitor at that. A widescreen and a standard screen will not have the same aspect ratio... and it is the aspect ratio that is the issue here, not the resolution.

no offense but LOL

i work in the film industry and i hate to say this, but WRONG
1920x1080 is more like 1920x"1080" many tv;s are around 1070-20000 1080 isnt as exact as you think, just cause they say it's 1080 doesnt meen it is...kinda a misnomer it's really just saying it's 16x9 aspect ratio, and capable of haneling 1080p or i depending on the tv itself.

as a side note...on the side note, your actually at a lower resoluton ona tv (any tv that exists) than on a good monitor. im sorry but it's the truth
03-14-07, 09:18 AM   #12
blbjtb
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I posted a reply in another thread to the same question. Your aspect ratio actually has more virtual room than needed by any of the layouts. You might be able to get it to look right by simply increasing your scale. I'd look for that other response for more detailed help.
Mazz how do i increase the scale? as far as I know im @ the highest at the moment. Sorry for being such a newb =P
03-14-07, 09:21 AM   #13
blbjtb
A Cyclonian

as a side note...on the side note, your actually at a lower resoluton ona tv (any tv that exists) than on a good monitor. im sorry but it's the truth
This could be true but it looks brilliant on my screen its LCD if that matters @ all (ill admit that it does look better on the LCD then it does on the plasma) on a good monitor though you can get some great colors but you loose out on the pic size. Meh its a give and take I suppose im happy with it.
03-14-07, 09:42 AM   #14
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
amz, I was speaking in non-technical terms. If you'd like, I can get much more technical if I want... so much so that only engineers would understand what I'm talking about.

The bottom line is (in non-technical terms), a television with a native resolution of 1920x1080 that receives a 1080 signal will only display 1080 horizontal lines. It doesn't matter how many horizontal pixels there actually are, there will be 1,080 horizontal lines displayed. If it is an interlaced signal, they will be drawn 540 lines per frame... if it is a progressive scan signal, all 1,080 lines will be drawn in a single frame.

I don't need to claim that I work in a particular industry to back up my knowledge. In fact, I don't need to back up my knowledge. I know what I am talking about as I have done plenty of research on the subject myself. You can choose to believe me or not based on your own decisions... or you can do your own research to find that it supports what I've said.

On a side note, this conversation has become way off-topic for MazzleUI. I'd ask that anyone that continues to post on this subject please follow the forum rules. I am not intending to flame amz here, I'm simply defending my point.

<3
04-18-07, 09:32 AM   #15
Brak101
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by joypunk

open up DUF and start moving things around.

I am having the exact same issue as described, and I am also looking for a solution. Pardon my UI noobness, but what is DUF, and how to I open it to "move things around"?

My biggest problem is the MOB's 3D window is all screwed up, along with the discord backdrop. Will this DUF allow me to move the targeted mobs health, class, mana, etc.?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » please help! running @ 1920 × 1080