Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-05-09, 08:53 PM   #1
Aerador
A Fallenroot Satyr
Low FPS is Raids with nUI+

Ok so I have read around and I understand that a fresh install should fix the issue but it's not fixing it for me. Here's the scoop...

I had nUI Pro before this whole Blizz UI Policy thing and everything was working GREAT. I was sit'n at around 120 FPS on my new iMac just about anywhere. Raiding/BGs would drop to the 80s usually which is still AWESOME!
So then nUI+ came out and I grabbed it just to "comply" with Blizz's new policy so I figured like usual i'd do a clean install of my addons. I deleted the WTF and Interface folder and started over installing all the exact same mods as before with the new nUI+.

Now the problems began. My FPS dropped to the 60s indoors, 30s to low 40s outdoors, and then in a raid/bg (any size group above a regular 5 man party) i'm hit'n 30s spread out but when fighting i'm dropping to the 5-10 FPS range. To narrow it down I wiped both folders again and started over 1 mod at a time. No issues until nUI+ was installed which was the last mod I put on. So I trashed WoW and reinstalled WoW (patches take FOREVER), tested without mods, and everything was back to the 120 FPS mark. Installed JUST nUI+ and once again frame rates dropped.

Again this only happens in groups over 5 players, wasn't happening when I had nUI Pro, and is happening with ONLY nUI installed and nothing else. I wouldn't care much if I just happened to try nUI and it wasn't working for me but i've been using nUI for quite awhile, never had any issues, and now I feel pretty much HOOKED. It sucks to play without nUI now and I JUST WANT MY NUI BACK!!!!!!

Sorry, i'm more addicted to nUI than WoW it seems at times. LOL! Like I said before, I had no issues ever with nUI before and I realize nUI+ is basically the same as nUI Pro was so i'm stumped. I've turned off the animations in nUI and I tried using SunnArt to make the viewport smaller but the FPS issue happens even when the viewport is TINY which really has me confused. When I checked the Addon Memory Usage it's only hitting in the 20MB-30MB range.

System:
iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 800MHz DDR2
6MB L2 Cache & 1GHz Bus
Radeon HD 2600 Pro w/ 256MB
Res: 1680x1050
WoW GFX Settings: Most are set a medium except Shadows are turned off with Full Screen Glow off as well.
Mods: Prat (Chat Mod), Carbonite, Segui (RP Mod), FlagRSP (RP Mod), Sunn Viewport, Lore (RP Mod), Bang Wintergrasp (WG Timer)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Low FPS is Raids with nUI+