10-21-14, 09:47 PM   #81
Imdieing
A Kobold Labourer

Rythal take your time we can wait, like I tell our guild members personal life comes first then WOW. But TY for continuing with Carbonite as long as you have.

10-22-14, 10:00 AM   #82
Mythax
A Kobold Labourer
Just to voice my support as well.

Once upon a time I was a systems programmer, and only about 3 or 4 times did I experience changes being done to APIs I was using (Microsoft was the culprit each and every time in case you wondered). The job was even harder as it for a large part wasn't even my own code, so it was quite finicky getting up to 10 years old code to start behaving again...

My thanks to you, Rythal, for doing this job - even if it is on the side and/or just for fun!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

10-23-14, 12:30 AM   #83
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I'll stick to this thread instead of making a new one...

All of this is compounded by the fact work keeps dragging me from home so I don't have access to work on it. (3 weeks in wisconsin, then 2 weeks in ohio, the rest of this week in toronto) So the working version for WoD won't be anytime soon, hopefully i'll have it going before WoD launches but even that remains to be seen.

For those who can't wait until it's done, it was a pleasure. For those who can wait, don't fret, it's not abandoned and will be fixed to work before too long.
I solved my issue of not having access to the game and files while travelling for work by buying an ASUS G series laptop. Not only can this laptop handle WoW at high settings, but if you have good cell phone service or a usb dongle, you can actually play while on the go (unless you are the driver or you are flying). It is not as good as a top line Alien, but for the price, it is top notch.
I found playing relaxed me after work while on the road, but not sure if that would apply trying to rewrite an addon like Carbonite.

10-23-14, 01:08 AM   #84
Tequima
An Aku'mai Servant
Alternate add-ons to help

Whilst they don't replace the awesome integrated functionality of Carbonite (for which you have my gratitude for rescuing, Rythal), there are 2 add-ons that may help in the meantime:

- Candy Buckets - tracks on the Bliz map the buckets you haven't visited yet
- Altoholic - comprehensive warehouse and reputation tracking (Rythal, have you thought of re-using DataStore functionality in a subesquent release?)

Many thanks Rythal, I know the pressures of travelling and keeping a semblance of RL. Thank you for taking this on too.

10-23-14, 09:01 AM   #85
littledog123
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy ty

this iv had it for 6 to7 years blizz tell me where to get at becos I cant read will I hop you get it up and running where it works im lost with out it

10-23-14, 09:33 AM   #86
cjyerger
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all your hard work on carbonite it is very much appreciated by many of us. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress

10-23-14, 10:28 AM   #87
Oyjord
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not to sound like a sycophant or bandwagoner, but I, too, would simply like to thank Rythal for his hard work in maintaining Carbonite.

Cheers.

Oy.

10-23-14, 10:31 AM   #88
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by DonCorneo View Post
I solved my issue of not having access to the game and files while travelling for work by buying an ASUS G series laptop. Not only can this laptop handle WoW at high settings, but if you have good cell phone service or a usb dongle, you can actually play while on the go (unless you are the driver or you are flying). It is not as good as a top line Alien, but for the price, it is top notch.
I found playing relaxed me after work while on the road, but not sure if that would apply trying to rewrite an addon like Carbonite.
I actually tried that.. I bought the top of the Q instead of the G tho, so it was still an i7-4770, it still had the dual graphics (intel / nvidia 660) and 8GB ram, so I can run WoW fine... it's just not as easy to work with. It's the internet that has been problem since my cell only supports t-mobile, and so far i've found unless i'm in a major city, I'm lucky to get 1 bar of service. I really need to buy a new cell phone that supports verizon :P

10-23-14, 01:37 PM   #89
GlacialEmbers
A Kobold Labourer
I tried to donate to you, but even when I switch the zone to the United States, it keeps asking me to select a canadian province, and won't let me pick states. I'll work on it on my end though... keep workin on this badass add-on.

10-23-14, 02:27 PM   #90
Roxxzz
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by pitman9 View Post
I had forgotten how clunky WoW's native maps, quest info, etc was until having to use it for the last day. It just reminded me how thankful I am that Rythal is keeping Carbonite going.
Exactly!!!!

10-23-14, 03:24 PM   #91
Urtia
A Murloc Raider
Talking Im sooo happy oooo sooo happy!!!!!

OK OK so Rythal I first want to thank you sooo much for your work on CarboniteAddon!!! I have never ever used the Blizzard UI for maps or questing at all till well since 10/14, I'm lost and in tears but glad you haven't given up here!!!! Hope you had fun in Wisconsin Again thank you soo much for your dedication here!!!!

10-24-14, 08:43 AM   #92
Tinkermage
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Carbonite IS THE BEST WoW addon in my opinion!!

Just want to say thanks Rythal, for making the BEST WoW addon I've ever used. I have been playing WoW for over 8 years and a friend found the "free" version of Carbonite years ago and told me about it. I did some searching and found out there was a "paid" version that had MANY other features and told my friend about it and we both paid for it. Then Blizzard put a stop to "paid" addons (which I think was wrong since they milk us for $15.00 a month). I continued to support this addon through donations for a couple of years, as I haven't to this day found any addon that can hold a candle to Carbonite!!! Unfortunately, a while back I lost my great paying job and couldn't support the addon through donations anymore. I can barely play WoW for a few months at a time, then I have to take a few months break. I will start supporting this addon again soon! I'm just glad it hasn't been abandoned. I, like all the others here have gotten to depend on Carbonite, and like some have said, it's like a drug (I don't use drugs though) and once you get addicted to it, it's hard not to have it. For me, it's like not having chocolate, and I'm a chocoholic!!! LOL Although I'm getting through WoW right now without it (it's tough once you're used to Carbonite) I'm waiting patiently for the update. I told a friend that my Curse client found an update for Carbonite and he was all excited, then I told him that it doesn't work. He said, "You should have downloaded it and tested it before telling me there was an update, instead of getting me all excited" LMAO

Carry on your GREAT work. You have a great following.

Also, I would be interested ion hearing about the "you are updating the addon solo" thing. Message me if you can.

Once again, thank you for an AWESOME addon! CARBONITE, the #1 addon!!

10-24-14, 08:51 AM   #93
CrimsonFrost
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I actually tried that.. I bought the top of the Q instead of the G tho, so it was still an i7-4770, it still had the dual graphics (intel / nvidia 660) and 8GB ram, so I can run WoW fine... it's just not as easy to work with. It's the internet that has been problem since my cell only supports t-mobile, and so far i've found unless i'm in a major city, I'm lucky to get 1 bar of service. I really need to buy a new cell phone that supports verizon :P
Nexus 6 looking pretty good, eh? Not sure about that giant screen though. But keep up the good work, Rythal, we're all standing behind ya, man!

10-24-14, 01:03 PM   #94
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by CrimsonFrost View Post
Nexus 6 looking pretty good, eh? Not sure about that giant screen though. But keep up the good work, Rythal, we're all standing behind ya, man!
I'd be happy with a galaxy 5 lol, but the problem I run into is verizon and my home carrier (bell canada) use different spectrum's, so I need to find a phone that will support both... my current phone is the EU version of the galaxy 3 since it was suppose to, but verizon says it won't work when I try to register the IMEI to get a sim card.

10-25-14, 07:27 AM   #95
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Good News: Map Overlays are fixed, I can once more see the world
Bad News: BG / Instance maps are definitely not working now that i've tested them

Next up: satellite view fixed

10-25-14, 09:57 AM   #96
docseuzz
A Murloc Raider
Rythal - keep kickin' lua a$$ buddy - I want to echo others thanks for your hard work. Offering up any help if you need/want it too - having done software for 19 years or so - I get that sometimes it's better to have a single chef in the kitchen in these 'rip-the-guts-out' moments, but message me if you can use some help...

10-25-14, 10:17 AM   #97
scubadiver59
A Murloc Raider
Keep plugging away!

Sent a an American C-note your way to defray the costs for all the sodas/beer and snacks you might need to keep you going during your updates! WoW's maps suck!!!

10-25-14, 03:21 PM   #98
Teener
A Murloc Raider
I cry everyday that I have to use WOW maps. I miss Carbonite !!

10-25-14, 06:39 PM   #99
wilykat
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Teener View Post
I cry everyday that I have to use WOW maps. I miss Carbonite !!
^^ this! ^^

10-25-14, 08:31 PM   #100
Naudimas
A Kobold Labourer
Woot, can't wait for this addon to return!! Thank you again!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch